Devestator Vs Devestator Vs Devestator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Jan 18, 2012.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So, with the three big bads around. Which do you preffer? What could the other one do better, that the other one acheives?

For me, the CrazyDevvy parts... don't even exist, however could be sold as a full set with a Ko Devy at 30 together.

The TFC Devestator, suffers from A) It's size, and B) it's aesthetics. In terms of it tries hard to fit in with both the IDW and G1 universe. As well as it's own disproportional bits, IE the chest piece and head. However, for it's size it does pull off a decent Devs. However, the plastic colors are also something that bugs me to high hell, because
    A) It gives it this "Unpainted look" and B) It is just too light. I feel as if if they went for a darker shade of green, it might pull off a successful Devestator, the overall brightness just makes me think of this Devestator being made of Neon.

The MakeToys Devestator suffers from it's kibble and being overall chunky. For me though, I see it as a plus, honestly. I just preffer the MakeToys the most currently, even the G2 color scheme in order to give some sort of difference between the two 3ps, and it just... works. The only thing MakeToys could possibly do better, is take a few design ques from TFC and have crazy weapons, and it would be perfect. But, even then. It doesn't really need it, when both individual bot modes look good, as well as the completed product.

So, tell me your thoughts ya'll?

2. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Sorry to be pedantic, but it's Devastator( in before less polite people.)

3. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Well... I feel silly. Argh.

4. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you trying to sabotage my rudeness? :mad 

5. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I fixed that for you. :) 

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just going g1 with third party parts.

7. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    i think that the crazy devy ones are the most practical. for me at least. they can be expensive but i think that most people who want a devy want him all combined and won't bother with the separate modes so might as well go with the most accurate version which is crazy devy adding the articulation

8. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

I don't own any of these (believe me, I WISH I did), but I like the looks of TFC Hercules the best. I still think they shoulda gone for deluxe scale for the individual 'bots, though.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I can only look at the pretty pictures, so they're all OK with me.

10. javaco

javaco javaco

News Credits:
    agreed! thats the only think i don't like about it.
    i don't own any either, but if they made them all deluxe. id save up for it for sure!

11. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

TFC is tops because it looks the best and is the best engineered and is out. Can't really comment on Giant as it's vaporware until wide release and CD is just a pile of overpriced cow droppings.

12. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

TFC Hercules is pretty amazing when in-hand. The colors in the photos do not do it justice as they aren't accurate at all. They must be tough colors to photograph. The purple always comes off as blue which it is definitely not. I just looked online and can't find a single photograph that is the correct color. The photos online definitely do look oversaturated. They are not that was in reality.

We haven't seen any true color photos of Giant yet. Just the two individual bots, and they are yellow. I've only seen one video of Giant in combined form and that was a prototype and the backside of it was a mess. Dangling arms are not acceptable. They should lock in somewhere. Long Haul and Mixmasters arms both just hung off the back of the bot.

My vote goes for Hercules at this point. He's huge, sold and quite menacing. I am reserving my judgement on Giant until we have something to judge. A few photos aren't sufficient to cast a deciding vote on.

13. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

i find Hercules to be overrated and block-y. Giant is still in the air but it smaller size allows it to be in scale with the other combiners plus i like the yellow paint scheme. CD isn't the most glamorous but at least tried to give people an articulated Devy.

14. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

Not quite sure why Bruticus is included...

15. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

fixed

16. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

ahhh, that makes more sense. definitely blocky.