Developments about Venom from the Ult Spidey Game

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wreckgar, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

So I completed it yesterday. Suprised how short the game took. Either that or I'm really good. I have to still complete a bunch of side stuff but the main story is done.

Anyway, they reveal a few things in the game that are supposed to impact the comic. So read at your own risk. Spoiler loaded.

- Spiderman will have officially met Silver Sable before the upcoming storyarc with her.
    - The Beetle does exist in the Ultimate universe. He actually looks pretty cool. Doesn't really do or say much though. I look forward to future meetings.
    - Venom actually gets the spider on his chest. How? Trask Industries aquires the Carnage lifeform and as Venom you fight it. One of the cool things about Venom is that he can absorb people for energy. He does so to Carnage and actually spits out Peter. That's right, Peter was bonded to Carnage buy Trask. Anyway, Venom assimilates the Carnage suit and gains the spider. This also gives Eddie complete control of the suit.

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I think that its pretty cool how things that happened in the game are actually going to impact the book.

3. JD

JD Well-Known Member

That's cool and all but what about the gamplay? Is it still fun after the story's complete or boring like SP2?

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

The problem I have is that the Carnage from the game is not the Carnage from the comic.

5. Wreckgar

I still enjoy the game. I'm not huge on the races but it's still fun enough to play around with.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wondered about that when I read what Wreckgar posted, as I'm sure I read somewhere else that the game takes place not long after the Venom arc and before the Carnage arc.

7. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Two different Carnages? That's weird.

But Bendis wrote the game's story, right? I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Can't wait to play it. Hoping the video store gets copies of it soon.

9. Wreckgar

Carnage did come after the Venom arc but I believe the game takes place just before issue 66.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I never much cared for the original version of Carnage, but in the Ultimate Spiderman comic "it" was amazing. What he did to Gwen was one of the nastiest things I have seen in a comic in years.