Minor/Repaint: Devcon, my interpretation

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mega-Prime 316, May 3, 2008.

1. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

I like it! Pretty cool!

2. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    UPDATE: I have just added some decent pictures since I'm a **** and my girlfriend is better at using our camera. :)  Enjoy.

Hey all, exactly one week ago I was watching the Gambler, Season 2 of the Transformers and noticed a striking similarity between the character on screen and my Cybertron Blurr. With some minor tweaks and modifications, I got to work.
    Unfortunately my camera is a 12mpx piece of crap and takes the most shoddy pics ever. That would explain the low quality of these images.
    This is NOT my first custom, I currently have 2 others in the works right now. One being a G1 Ultra Magnus (my first) a rather large piece to be my first. It's not where I'd like it to be so I've kind of brushed it off to the side for the time being and secondly, Seaspray from a movie Storm Surge. That one I was totally siked about and was making great progress on until I found my idea was not so original after all. I strive for both perfection and originality which makes it rather hard to finish a piece sometimes. Not saying I won't, but those are the ones that get pushed to the backburner.
    I did some research on this character before fully getting involved and discovered that no one (at least no one I could find) made this character from this mold. Although I did notice the head used. The other works I found were all very good and even drew a bit of inspiration from them.
    I tried to make my version of him as G1 as possible - you will notice there is no gun on the top of his head. The reason for this is because I could not find one that would properly fit inside the transformation, I am still looking though. The other is the gun on his right hand is supposed to be to the side instead of on top. But it's connected with rare earth magnets and I just couldn't refuse the already perfect port.
    one last thing... the piece seriously looks MUCH better in person than the camera shows, please believe me on that.
    So without further ado, I give to you DEVCON!

Attached Files:

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ah! You finished him! He looks cool; great job! :thumb 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    glad to see you were able to finish, even after having the parts break on you. nice job.

5. MrMurder

Ebay:
    thanks for all your kind words.
    these pics actually show more imperfections than i thought was even aware of... lol, stare at something for so long in shitty lighting and you tend to not notice

6. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

dam nice job dam nice job

7. MrMurder

Ebay:
    thank you very much mattarmstrong
    your work is very impressive and a true inspiration so that comment makes me smile:D 

8. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Very cool. That alt mode is very nice. Keep it up!!

9. MrMurder

Ebay:
    well along with the 2 other projects i have on the backburner i have a few more in store...

in my personal opinion - the Devcon I did does look kind of shoddy and I know I can do much better with a little practice. So I really want to get more involved in this

Thanks again for all your kind words

10. Monkey-King

Monkey-King Lord of Monkeys

I looked at it...like you told me too...and it looks like Devcon. Fantastic.

11. MrMurder

Ebay:
    hi sean :) 

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Good stuff. I like the alt mode. I think I would have painted the windshield another color though. Great job for your first finished custom

13. MrMurder

Ebay:
    actually the windshield is no longer a windshield in the custom. like i said i was trying to represent the real Devcon as closely as possible. The white part on the top is supposed to be the hatch that opened to let Sleazardo in.
    Thinking of possibly putting an autobot logo on the hood their... now to just get some logos to do that with.:rolleyes: