Devastator's Weapon? (Spoiler???)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Feb 25, 2009.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It seems that Devastator's mouth is the giant turbine-weapon we have been hearing about.

As we can see here, these people and these cars are getting sucked into something. (notice the man is looking up)

[​IMG]

And here we can see that Dev's mouth is a complete circle - indicating a turbine.

[​IMG]

What do you think?

2. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    DUH, I'm pretty sure this has been talked about before once the info on Dev was 1st leaked

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yes, but that, I believe, was talk about his chest being his weapon, not his mouth. Corect me if I'm wrong, though. I never heard anything about the mouth. :D 

4. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Well I'm thinkin the mouth expands and helps to complete the turbine, kinda like how the Predator has those 4 mandables that open up, I would expect a similar effect

5. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very true....
    Good theory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    I was thinking that when I saw the Devastator "combiner" toy pics. It looked like the silver pieces could be closed in to form a face.

7. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    When I first read about the turbine of doom being in his chest I thought it was an awesome idea. When I read/saw that it was actually his mouth I was taken back a little. I liked it being in his chest better. But I'm sure it will look sick in the movie. I just envisioned him standing there arms in the air all " I HAVE THE POWER!!!!" like, with all kinds of shit being destroyed in his chest turbine while yelling something.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    So, Devastator's a giant vacuum cleaner?

9. Agonize

Agonize Decepticon

You know, with all the bitching about how Devastator looks I'm pretty sure 90% of the people who complain now will be like :

"OMFGZ! SZOW AWEZUM!" after they've seen Revenge of the Fallen. Its a bloody TOY. All we've seen is a CGI render which has been proven to be inaccurate.

Look at the big Constructicon. The red / white one. You do NOT see that much of the colour in Devastator. Just wait untill you see it in motion. I'm pretty sure ILM will deliver us a good Devy ;) 

10. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    gotta agree with this. the ILM renders make everything look better. look at all of the first movie bots compared to their toys.
    i'm still undecided whether or not to get devastator as a display piece though.

11. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Omly thing i want to know is how one man, holding on to a pole, can aboid a giant vacuum cleaner, when cars are being sucked up.

12. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:

it can be explained away through physics and aerodynamics. because the cars have a larger surface area and are not bound to the road by anything other than gravity, a strong enough suction force could lift and flip them. once they have inertia going through them, that will continue to flip and twist them through the air, kind of like how you can roll a car by going around a corner too fast. that's how the cars are being sucked up: large surface area and forces of motion.
    the human being able to hold on is a different story. being considerably lighter than a car, he should be sucked up easily amongst other debris. however he seems to have anchored himself to this post. if you've ever gone rock climbing or abseiling/angel walking in somewhere with high winds, you'd know that while it can be some challenge to hold on to something whilst being pummeled by all of these external forces, it is doable. an average person would able to support up to twice their own weight on their own, and the suction of this turbine probably wouldn't increase the force exertion to much more than that. Therefore, this guy could hold on and not be sucked up while the cars near him are.
    of course this is mostly hypothetical, it's not likely that they have giant turbines which they use to see if they can suck up cars or people. yet. and hollywood science is able to take a lot of liberties(especially when it comes to biology).

that was very wordy now wasn't it. sometimes i scare myself.

13. shortround

shortround Banned

yes lol

14. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    She's going from suck to blow......

15. jamiebrayley

jamiebrayley Well-Known Member

It also could be that the turbine was not aimed DIRECTLY at him at that moment in the scene, the turbine may only have a small(ish) target area.........although I goubt it with Devy being 80+feet tall lol

16. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Haha

17. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The big question is:

Once Devastator sucks in stuff, does the resulting fusion of things come out the front door, or take the 'rear exit?'

18. Wolfbrother

Wolfbrother Asha'man

And people complain about the middle-school level of humor in the first movie...:rolleyes2 

19. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    It's his fugly looks...it makes medusa want to enter a beauty contest...

20. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

Thing im going to hate about devastator.

1: is he going to have a face or just walk around with a huge circle of a cement mixer that can turn into a huge vacume. I got a feeling no voice for devestator just an idiotic monstor with no face.