Heavy/Scratch: devastator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jcartwork, May 4, 2009.

1. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

Hi all ,this is my latest update of the construction of devastator,which I got inspired by FrenzyRumble n Crefigz.
    I have replaced the primus hand with unicron , which has much more articulation.
    Would like to seek advice n criticism from expertise out there, kindly give comment for the above changes.Thanx.
    Lastly I would like to take this opportunity to thank MoeSizzlac & Ptitvite for providing me precious information in assisting me on this project. Stay tune for more update.:) 

Attached Files:

2. alpharon

alpharon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    /subscribed!

Looks like a great start so far! I'm in the process of collecting parts for this project. I, too was interested in using Unicron hands! I'll probably end up PMing you at some point for advice. Good luck with the rest of the build and HAVE FUN with it!

3. jcartwork

hey thanx for your encouragement will update u more of my progress ;) 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I removed your name from the thread's title.

Anyway, on the topic of the actual thread, I think that hand on a Primus arm might be a little too big. If you're dead-set on using the hand, why not use the whole forearm instead of Primus'?

5. jcartwork

Hey thanx for your comment.Ya u r right,I have thought of the ratio proportion too,that's y I have modified abit on its wrist structure to make it abit more precise in ratio. Reasons for not using unicron forearm is because I wanted the details of the gun attached which I cant find in unicron .:) 

thanx for the removal of my name for the title as I'm new to this posting.
    I will be aware of that in future .:) 

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    not a problem. vBulletin posts a thread author's username directly below the title of their thread in the forum listing, so typing your name in the title itself isn't necessary at all.

7. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes those hands are really gonna set this one apart! Cant wait to work on mine!

8. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice, we're getting to see devastator in the making nice can't wait to see it panited up

9. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Keep moving forward. I like that you are using Unicron's hands with Primus' forearms. If I had to use his hands with Primus' forearms, I would attach unicron's hands using one of these(Big Size Ball Joint Gray) big ball joints. I would also cut primus' forearms back a tad (almost to the flat part inside where the hand sits closed) but leave enough of the forearm to hide the ball joints themselves. You are off to a great start my friend. Keep us posted!

10. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Amazing work for sure keep it up!

11. jcartwork

Yo Moe thanx for your advice definitely a boost to my moral in continuing to do more innovative work.But is there a way to preserve the old hand n add on to the big unicron hand as well, as some might think its not proportion ,so by doing a add on to it, would rather serve as compromise to both .;)