Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All signs point to YES, Devastator, using these 3 bots. Everything is already set up: 2 big bots and a smaller one that was partly made from a Headmaster unit, and can control other bots.

I noticed though, on Derrick Wyatt's blog, in one of the comments he says next to Safeguard, there will be no other combiners in S3 of Animated! So probably this episode was planned as a lead up to Devastator for a future season, but that's not coming (or at least, not until it is decided Animated should get a follow up series in the future).

Doesn't mean Hasbro can't do a toy version though. As long as they have the designs they can do it, and didn't they say they'd wait with Constructicons toys until they could do their trademark ability justice (combining)? Still, probably not if they decide to pull the plug on Animated toys after 2009 (a logical choice if S3 ends in 2009), unless the toy is already planned...

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro said in past Q&As that they were waiting for the right time to do the Constructicon toys (which iplies to many that they were waiting for all the characters so they could make a combiner) but Hasbro stated in their last Q&A with Toyark.com:

So due to Animated's early end, we will probably never see toys of them.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, there weren't plans since... the QAs started;

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Makes you wonder just WHAT is going to be released down the road apart from what we already know.

5. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

Think that's all the answer we're going to need.

6. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we can agree though, whatever plan Wyatt had for Devastator, it would look a lot nicer than the current form of the ROTF Devastator.

7. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

My understanding was that it wasnt to do with the writers needing the Constructicons for season 2 but rather 'outside circumstances' which was at their time the way of saying that there was a Devestator in the movie but that hadnt been confirmed and so the original plans with the Animated Constructicons were ruined as Hasbro didnt want anything potentially distracting from sales of that movie monstrosity.

8. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    if i was a betting man, i would have to say that they are going to add a constructicon here and there, until they have all the combiners. it sure seems like a build to a season finale to me. i dont get the name "dirtboss" even though i like the name itself... it doesnt fit his vehicle mode. i drive a forklift and they dont move dirt. i kinda like how they gave him bombshell's cerebroshells.. that was pretty cool. but i can see from the end of the episode that they are already hinting at devastator. when dirtboss jumps on scrapper's shoulders and says "time for a little manual control," he is already partially startind to form devastator's head. i like how they intergated the headmaster unit as well. it kinda gives a technical explanation for how he will most likely form devastator's head

9. g0tm1lk

g0tm1lk Destructicon

im pretty sure they are putting a devastator as recognition towards the upcoming movie.

10. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    i think that's pretty much a given. they "cross-promote" as much as possible.

11. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

it sucks that Animated is leading to an early end I would have loved to see an Animated Devs. I guess we will have to wait for the next Cartoon :(  I just dont want any of the CG crap that the Unicron trilogy had.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Did a very quick concept, but I imagine that the final combiner would end up looking like this if they kept just those three.

[​IMG]

13. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    that's... pretty cool!

14. SteamFan42

SteamFan42 Powered by Irony

This looks better then Safeguard, go get a job at the Hasbro design team.

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Oh hey, that's pretty damn neat! I still think that at least one more Constructicon should be present for optimal results, but still... excellent work, man! :thumb 

16. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Nice work. I'd be more than happy with that design for Devs.

17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Great design RA88, it'd work brilliantly for the toon but it'd be impossible to toy up from just those three. It's the torso and chest there's too much mass there that you just couldn't get from those vehicles.
    To do Devastator well they pretty much have to have at least two more I think.

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Ayup, though they might be able to do Scrapper...that's basically just the robot mode in the Soundwave streetlight position, with the arms pointing forward while the crane is extended instead of folded back (like when he pulled out Dirtboss from that hole). Mixmaster would require a lot of work, and he already has a design that's hard to translate into a proper toy...

19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Ni kididng, I've yet to work out where Mix's cab would go, unless it does a wreck gar and fold back inside the mixing barrel, which wouldn't be impossible.

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I think the cab folds into the back, and then the cement mixer moves into place to cover it.