Minor/Repaint: Devastator

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by starshooter8, Mar 11, 2009.

1. starshooter8

starshooter8 AutoCon

Here is my knock off Devastator custom the arms are off a Energon Megatron. The legs are from a fast action battler brawl. I got the Constructions knock offs at Pamida a few years ago. I also have the yellow knock off variant minus Scavenger. The arms are from a broke Megatron and the legs are from a broken Brawl. Im not shore if im going to paint the arms and brawls legs yet. sorry about the picture quality. The one thing i need to redo is remake the legs sections for Mixmaster and Scrapper because there pegon toed. But ill half to find a another FAB figure to do that. Hope you like my variant of DEVASTATOR note this is my first combiner custom.

Attached Files:

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Wow man, that was fast, nice first crack at a gestalt.
    The legs look nice.
    I dig Megs forearms, is there anyway to bring his shoulders in, as he seems very broad.
    I wish you could take better pictures, but I can make it mostly out.
    He looks good and big too.
    What are you using to make your connections? Is it some kind of clay?

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    looks pretty good man. Interesting using a movie toy for parts ona g1 custom.

4. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Great arms, gives him a big broad shouldered look. Very intimidating.

I see you've already discussed the legs, best of luck on that! As for painting, if you paint it I'd maybe go with a black so that it blends in with his chest shield and looks like a proper accessory. His chest shield is black on your version, right? If not black is good anyways. Black goes with pretty much anything.

5. starshooter8

starshooter8 AutoCon

iv been working on him seance the 20th of last month. yeah i could brag the arms in closer i would just half to cut on megs shoulder connections. I was using epoxy putty but then i found a crayola clay that air drys to hard a finish. then i just coated it with epoxy.

6. starshooter8

starshooter8 AutoCon

yeah the chest panel is black. the knock off i got came with a black chest four arms purple hands and black hip connector. if i can find a nuther f.a.b. figure i can remake the legs im hoping to run across a f.a.b. Ironhide thats broken i dont like using good figures for parts.

7. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean. I come across junker figures with some frequency at local thrift stores: Value village, Talize, goodwill, not sure if any of those exist near you. Those and garage sales are usually a pretty good source of cheap parts for kitbashing.

8. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

It looks great. The only problem I see is the different lenght of the legs. Maybe you can add a piece under the truck of Mixmaster, like a "shoe".