Devastator was cool hope he will be back in number 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Richard Prime, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Devastator coming back has to be definite, he didn't die so it's very very possible.

Having him combine and just DESTROY a City would be fucking awesome.

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    If we see him, would we even see constructicons merge or would he already BE in his combined mode?

3. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    He'll merge again.

4. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I liked the design of Devastator, and the transformation was probably the best one in the movie, but the he was a little bit of a let down. He was just big and slow. Bay always said he didn't want big, slow, clunky Transformers, but Devy was big and slow. He should have had him move a little faster. I can deal with the fact that he didn't stand up right. It helped he walked on all fours for scale in the scenes. While he did do what his name says (to the pyramid) he didn't participate in the battle against the Autobots, and was taken out too easy. Kind of a letdown there.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Devastator got the shaft...... the constructicons may be background characters in 3 but I doubt he will be back.

6. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would like it if Devastator and any other combiners, should they have gorilla-like proportions, actually run, hang around and jump like one. Imagine the impact of having Devastator jumping on that Egyptian town...

7. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Devastator wasn't cool......HE WAS AWESOME! I hope he returns!

8. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

The Constructicons/Devastator were my favorites as a kid. Even thought they look nothing like they used to I really liked the designs of Devastator and the Constructicons. I feel they were both really underused though. I would have liked the Constructicons/Devastator to be the main threat in the second movie and save The Fallen for part 3. That way they all could have had much better character development. I would have loved to have seen the Constructicons actually talking, seeing their personalities. I mean wasn't there a big announcement that Mike Patton was voicing Mixmaster, did he even say anything? I think they missed a big opportunity there. And yes Devastator, even though I thought he was awesome, he didn't have near enough screen time or impact. He was also killed too easily by humans no less and given a set of balls. So yes, I do hope they bring him back for part 3 and have him destroy a city or something. It would be nice to see him kill some Autobots to show that he is dangerous. Oh well, thats my rant.
    Oh and Optronix Prime, where did you get that Devy picture?? It's sweet!

9. Optronix_prime

News Credits:
    Here you go Bro, straight from Josh Nizzi's website
    [​IMG]

10. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Man. That couldn't kill one of these.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    He was a big letdown.

When I first heard of his gorilla like appearance, I was a bit put off by it. Then I thought about King Kong, or even the Cave Troll from LOTR right away, and thought "Hey, that actually might be cool, as Devastator is all brute anyways". So I ended up wanting to give it a chance.

Boy was I wrong.........

12. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

I think he was cool, but they could've done so much more with him. He's supposed to be such a powerful character, yet not a single bot died because of him. Alot of times movie villains will kill a character we know and sort of like to show they mean buisness, but Devs didn't. Mudflap almost did get killed, and I think he should've, just to show how powerful Devs really is. Don't get me wrong, I like Mudflap, but if he'd have died inside Devastator, I would've felt Devs' power alot more. Still, if there really could be an army of Devs in the 3rd movie, that would be totally badass, and we would really feel the tension.

13. RoastDude

RoastDude Constructicon

1.Design wise, definately; storywise,no.

2. The grinder vortex attack (or as my friend calls it, the oversized vaccum cleaner attack) is visually stunning, but in the movie, it didn't have any impact. He couldn't even kill a few puny Autobots and humans with it.

3. Hellyeah! Just make him the badass he deserves to be.

14. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    David and Goliath?

I'll agree Devastator could have been put to better use. The whole third act seemed to have been written very quickly without a lot of rewrites to strengthen the tension, drama, or make better use of its set pieces. However, I like Devastator's design. I think it fits the original character fairly well and the multicolored limbs help reinforce that he's made up of many different vehicles, instead of one big vehicle which is the effect I would have gotten if he was all green, yellow, or red.

There's a possibility we'll see him again in #3. An effect this complex and expensive wouldn't really get its money's worth in just one use. As long as he's put to more effective use (he needs to destroy more than just the top of a pyramid and maybe take out a few Autobots/military) I'd more than welcome it.

15. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

Don't even get me started on how bad Devastator sucked in ROTF. Oh, it was the worst thing to happen in a toy-based/cartoon to live action transition film in history.

16. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I thought he looked great on screen. I say he'll be back in TF3 and be doing some serious damage.

17. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Guess you haven't seen Cobra Commander yet :p 

18. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Devastator wouldn't fight Bruticus because the latter is also a small army of Decepticons. To answer your question, yes, I do want Devastator back in the movie. He wasn't in ROTF much and I can understand due to budget and the fact he was the most expensive 3D model in movie history. And this time, hopefully he won't get shot down by HUMAN technology. I'm so sick of seeing Decepticons dying at the hands of something that's the size of a Chihuahua compared to them. It would also be cool to see him fight Omega Supreme.

19. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

Neither have you there buddy boy!, but neither will I. I am no G.I. Joe fan.

20. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

Thanks a bunch man!!