Devastator was cool hope he will be back in number 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Richard Prime, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Richard Prime

Richard Prime Banned

OK guys I know you people really hated devy role in the film, he got short screen-time and was taken out to easy by a badass railgun.
    As you know he was destroyed or i don't know if his components are still alive.

Anyway I think devastator look very cool on screen and destroying well everything I mean don't you like this big giant robot just destroying the pyramids, I know you people like g1 so much and have like to see devastator do a little bit more (personally I don't think he was useless I think he was been told what to do by megatron) but then again alot of people don't agree with me but my friends love him because they don't know anything about transformers or another thing yes the balls but hey who found that funny( I did) ,I know you guys don't like it.

So my question is

Do you like bay devastator?
    Did you found he's sucking vortex attack badass?
    Do want him back in the third movie to fight bruticus?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Next to the Fallen, he was the most overhyped character ever.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Liked the concept art head/posture much better than the actual in-movie character..and he wasn't used that good..so no, I don't really care if he comes back. Don't see why he should. His vortex attack IS awesome, though.

By the way, PUNCTUATION, my friend. :) 

4. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want an army of Devastators since the Constructicons were made into drones.

Construction vehicles > military, race cars, and animal combiners.

5. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I agree. He was a total anti-climax. He should've duked it out with Superion!

6. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

The film definitely contains a loophole that could bring him back (multiple Constructicons). If he does come back in TF3, they'd better utilize him more effectively.

7. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i love devastator thought he was great on screen for the little time he got, but i can live without him in TF3. i'd rather see the money and graphics be used on two great combiners like superion and bruticus or menasor

8. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Or a slow in-depth scene, detailing the death of the Twins. That would be money well-spent.

9. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Not at all, and in just about every way possible. The only plus he had was watching the construction vehicles begin to come together. But as it continued, we were 'treated' to one of the most disappointing 'characters' in Bayformers to date, imo. His general design is nothing I care for. The big arms with comparatively stubby legs, ugly mutant looking face (a complaint you'll get from me on most/all the Decepticons). The lumbering gorilla-ish 'only there to tear rocks off of a pyramid' role is a fine slice of subpar. No awesomesauce, no tribute, no nothing. Well, nothing but a mountain of over-hype. Nevermind due to a lack of 'givashit' on the movie-makers parts the name 'Devastator' has already been used onscreen for Brawl in the first film, there were constant teases and hypes about Dev being in the next film, and his role in RotF is what comes of it? He couldn't even kill one of the annoying twins he'd managed to suck into his honkin' grinder-filled orifice! His sand sucking/rock sucking pretty much sums him up nicely. He sucks. And the balls/scrotum was a stupidly crude laugh on an already rediculous scenario/waste of an overhyped 'character'. Then they use an ass-pull to take him out. *sarcastic yay!*

Tack on issues with the toys associated to him, he's pure FAIL in my book.

The only way I could have been more disappointed with him would require me not understanding that when I hear a character's name and the words "next movie" it basically won't mean whatever thing they're going to nameslap with that estiblished name will actually be what they're hyping it to seem (something they've been doing since day 1, before Bay even came onboard - hell, it's how they got the greenlight for the first film, from fan hype), and that when they use words like "cool", "awesome", and "rock", as well as anything else of the like, it pretty much =

Not in the slightest.. .....though I hear Unicron wants Movie Dev to show up for some kind of 'party'... ...no idea..

Why would Devastator fight Bruticus? Assuming this imaginative Bayformers 'Bruticus' is even a shadow of the oldschool and oldschool-inclined Bruticus one imagines when that name is said, he's formed from the Combaticons, another subgroup of Decepticons.

Oh, and 'NO', I don't want him back. Ever.

10. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

hay bro kool thred du u wanna play the x box

11. Richard Prime

Richard Prime Banned

Thanks for your honestly

12. Covenant

Ebay:
    You're welcome Richdawg!

13. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Devastator was perfect exceptt for his balls.

14. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

They should make a clone of him, just like they did with bonecrusher!

15. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which are cool in my book, but I respect the rest of your post.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I think Devastator was a cool interpretation on the concept of a robot that's comprised of multiple construction vehicles.

You can argue about the aesthetics till you are blue in the face, but at this point it's really just an enpty complaint that you're not getting what you personally wanted. Transformers have gone through many different interpretations over the years. This was just one of many. Some fans hate it, some fans like it.

And as for the constructicles. I can get why people groan and moan over it. It was dumb. But it was only a pair of wreaking balls strategically placed for a lame visual gag. And only for a couple of seconds.
    It was stupid, but it was brief. Get over it. It could have been worse.

As for the character's implementation in the film itself, that was a bit disappointing. mostly due to that fact that he was killed by an obvious cop out.
    If instead this was the point that Jetfire showed up again, and he was the one who did in Des by battleing him. it would have worked better imo.
    And it would have justified Jetfire as being a force to be reckoned with, and why Prime would have to combine with his parts to take down the Fallen.

So anyway, would I like to see him again in TF3? Sure. But somehow I doubt we will.

17. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Devastator has a poor design, and it was overhyped and way underused in the movie, and I'd argue that it served no purpose whatsoever except to sell the trailers since it couldn't even kill one of the idiotic twins, and its uncovering of the pyramid could've been done by The Fallen himself with a wave of his staff. Devastator is one of the biggest disappointment in a movie I've ever seen, and no it will not be back thanks to "Michael Bay and his amazing rail gun".

18. Covenant

Ebay:
    Exactly, some like it, some don't, some love it, some won't. Disliking a Transformer design because one finds it ugly is a valid 'complaint'/pov, and so long as it's stated rather than screamed there's no argument to be had. This movie franchise has a general aesthetic that still varies from character to character. Liking Ratchet but not Bonecrusher, loving The Fallen but not Starscream, liking or disliking the lot of them wholely, its preference, not 'empty' complaining. And that remains the absolute truth of the matter on any Transformer series no matter the aesthetics, the story, the dialogue & writers who write it, the director, the character names, and so on & so forth. Some of our fellow fans like to say, "If something were changed in "X" series people would just find something else to complain about". Not necessarily. It's more than doing it one way will make these people happy and those people take various issue, doing it another will have different people be happy and others take various issue. This is all, natch, ignoring the fact the majority of us fans are gray matter who like & dislike to varying degrees no matter the series. Also, I don't get the four-letter-word status 'complaint' has about it now. It's voicing a preference that doesn't happen to be good. If someone doesn't like the look of Devastator..nah, if I don't like the look of Devastator (for instance), there's nothing empty about my valid, honest, not-pushed-as-fact complaint. I've stated my likes & dislikes on looks of Bayformers left & right with everyone else, and in Dev's case I think he's useless, wasted and certainly ugly. Implying just because someone says they don't like the look of him because its an argument, rather than a preference is inaccurate to say the absolute least.

How does all that translate to an empty complaint? :sly2:  :crazy: 

19. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I was speaking more about the people who try and use that fact that they personally don't like it as a justification to why they think it's a complete failure as a whole.
    You don't like it, you think it's ugly. That's complerely valid, for you. That's fine. But it doesn't mean it sucks just because you don't like it.

I'm personally just sick of the whole aesthetic wars that goes on between TF fans. And not just the movie style either, also with Animated and G1 or what have you.
    It's pretty much gotten to the point of just fans pointlessly whining at each other. And that's why I just write it all off as being empty complaining.

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Despite the poor use of DEVASTATOR, I enjoyed whatever time he was on screen, along with the Constructicons. I hope this was only a taste of what constructicons we will see in TF3. THe constructicons are my favorite Decepticons, and maybe Bay supports them for the sequel.