Devastator vs Voltron vs Megazord

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by QLRformer, Jun 13, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The most awesome TF combiner vs the most awesome non-TF combiners. Who'd win?

I'd have to say Devastator. He's a sentient robot, while the others need remote piloting.

NB You can choose which Megazord/Voltron to use, I prefer the original Dinozord Megazord and the Lion Voltron.

2. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    hmmm ... nah, devastator .., he's GOT NOTHING ON THAT BLAZING SWORD ACTION like what Golion has.

3. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd probably have to agree with Voltron too...

But if I had to pick a combiner, I'd most likely pick Rail Racer, partly cause his mental capabilities aren't hindered like the original combiners.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Lion Voltron/Golion is also a sentient robot. He just isn't typically free to act without human direction. The shows are fairly inconsistent about when he can act on his own.

The original Golion is not only a sentient robot, but essentially also a minor god of sorts, and so badass that a space goddess (no, seriously, a space goddess) had to split him into five parts and force him to obey humans just to teach him some humility. Also, grunge has it right about the Blazing/King's Sword. That sword is absolute.

5. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

So Computron.

Remember, as was proven by headmasters having pilots may not be as much of a hindrance as you would believe, Even if sentient as long as the pilot and craft work in concert with one another and not against.

Long story short it depends on whose stock combination footage is longest, first to get done probably wins. :) 

6. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Devastator is 60 feet tall, and Voltron is 200 feet tall. Depending on which Megazord you're talking about, MMPR is 130 feet... Wild Force are 200 feet tall putting them at Voltron's height.

Then there's the matter of weight and speed. "Devastator is slow and awkward, and is relatively easy to trip up. The inability of his six component parts to better cooperate inhibits his mental functions, allowing him to be easily outfoxed by most opponents." So he's not fast. Megazords aren't speedsters either, though they move at a less-than fast pace, they move like upscaled sumo-wrestlers. So larger and faster than Devastator. Voltron? Voltron can move at MACH 10 while flying. On the ground he moves at 311 mph.

Now let's go to firepower. Voltron has his GOD SWORD OF RAAAPPPPEEEE. He can also fly which is a plus and go up into space go under water and yadda yadda. Megazords these days also have stupid powerful finishing moves, but then that's only unlockable after 20 minutes of procrastination. Finally, Devastator's profile states he can knock down a bridge with one punch. Clearly so can a Megazord or Voltron, but at least that means Devastator at his smaller height is at least capable of reproducing the same physical destruction. Kinda. Devastator's full strength isn't delved into much, and unlike other combiners or Omega Supreme he doesn't have a base weight he's listed as able to lift. So we're left with "bridge punching" as a base. However in media Devastator's shown the ability to go relatively at fast speeds and go toe to toe with Omega Supreme so his actual limitations aren't as clear cut as the other guys in this fight. One thing Devastator has going for him? His gun. "His solar energy rifle shoots a 10,000 degree centigrade heat beam a distance of six miles." He also has the abilities of the other Contructicons.

Size: Voltron >= Megazords > Devastator
    Reflexes: Voltron > Megazords >=< Devastator
    Weaponry: Voltron > Devastator >=< Megazords

I think that in the right state of mind, the collective Constructicon brains could outmaneuver and over a Megazord piloted by five teenagers. Even if physically outmatched, I think Devastator's more durable and his weapons would fry the Megazords like burnt microchips. Only from 10,000 degree heat instead of electric overload. But Voltron would win out in the end. So under ideal conditions:

Voltron > Devastator > Megazords

It's worth noting that while Voltron is extremely fast, if far away Devastator's 10,000 degree gun shoots roughly 7 miles far, and Devastator's individual components have a couple of sensory abilities which might help him locate or better follow enemy movement. But that's just me being a fanboy.

I don't know the extent of Voltron's defenses. Voltron being Voltron he might be resistant to 10,000 Celsius. Regardless, I still say Voltron with little effort, followed by Devastator. Holy shit I'm a nerd.

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Any given Megazord will win through sheer deus ex machina and motivational Red Ranger speech.

8. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Anyone that says anything OTHER than Voltron, is kidding themselves

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    :lol  . yeah, just look at the fact that he's made up of FIVE mechanical Lions.

10. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Voltron would take both of them. Devastator is slow and the Megazord seems like a cheap form of Voltron anyway.

11. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

Some of Voltrons various weapons:
    Blazing sword
    Flame Throwers
    Eye beams
    Photon darts (what ever the hell that is)
    Electro Force Cross

(Thats what I can remember off the top of my head)

Also the lions have a bunch of missile launchers and junk that come out of absolutely nowhere. Seriously, I've actually seen episodes when the missile launcher just appears on the lion's shoulder or whever (they also have a few that are actually part of their design). They also have those daggers that they hold in their mouths. And some other stuff that I remember. And also other stuff that I don't remember.

12. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

Voltron was created by sorcerers and scientists son!!!!!!

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Golion will murder those teenagers and butcher those robots. Golion flat out does not give a fuck.

14. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

I pick thunder megazord from dairanger

15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You, sir, have convinced me that I need to own some sort of Voltron.

It's too bad that Mattycollector version looks so plasticky/toy-like. :( 

16. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    The most awesome non-TF combiner is Ideon. It cuts planets in half.

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is the "Who would win" Thread really that hard to find?

18. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I thought one of them was a wolf?

19. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

So does the various incarnations of Getter Robo (the grandfather bot of pretty much all combining robots) among other super robots. Planetary destruction isn't really that mind blowing, more like a standard/quota to meet.

But to answer the OP's question, Voltron/Golion no questions asked.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    huh? Lion Force Voltron (Voltron of the Far Universe)
    The first season was based on Beast King Golion (Hykauu Juu Oh Golion),Voltron featured a team of five young pilots commanding five robot lions which could be combined to form Voltron. In this undefined future era, the Voltron Force was in charge of protecting the planet Arus (ruled by Princess Allura) from the evil King Zarkon (from planet Doom), his son Lotor, and the witch Haggar, who would create huge Robeasts to terrorize the people of Arus.[2] Despite being the first of the two robots to appear on American television, the "GoLion" version of Voltron was regarded as "Voltron III" within the storyline because, within the original planned "three-Voltron" continuity, Arus was the furthest setting from Earth's side of the universe ("Voltron I" being intended for the Near Universe, and "Voltron II" for the Middle Universe).[3]