Devastator unfinished CG? What is everyone referring to?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Apr 18, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    OK so the consensus is that most believe that the CG is unfinished and that Devs is floating along the sand.

I never really noticed anything and still haven't noticed anything.

I saw that the green foot moves with individual parts moving as Devs lifts his leg up.

And some were also mentioning there is no shadow. I saw a giant shadow on the sand creating by Devs himself. And if you still don't see a shadow, why cant the sun be in front of him?

I think it looks fine unless someone who show some HD screen caps of what people are talking about

2. cnic

cnic Decepticon

devs.jpg Right foot on the ground.Left hand on the ground.Doesn't appear to be floating. More like walking on all fours.

3. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

Yea i also went over the clip a few times and it looks to me as Devs is walking on all fours. Nowhere does it look like hes floating and the CG looks incredible so far IMO, cant wait to see the final product.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably just unfinished CGI.

5. escobar2248

escobar2248 New Member

Well, if you look at the highlights on Devs then you can see that the light source is hitting him on his right side. As bright as that sun is, there should be a VERY noticable shadow pointing towards the pyramid on the left in the photo. Since there isn't one, I'd just chalk it up to Bay satisfying the fanboys by including a non-finished Devs shot in the footage.

6. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

Yeah its not finished. Just like Demolishor crushing through the bridge in the teaser and the bridge was still there behind him. They will fix it and put final touches on it.

This has to be a mega bitch to do in CGI. But what people are saying when they mean "floating" is that the sand near is hand and foot does not show any impression from Dev's massive weight. If you step into sand you should sink a little and his hand and foot are just sitting there on top of the sand.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    if you look under his right hand before it comes down as the vid is playing, you can see his foot is floating. You can even see his shadow several feet under it. That's all I've noticed, besides the crippling amounts of awesome.

8. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Hopefully the next frame after what we got to see of Devs won't be of him getting blown to hell and back lol

9. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

Ahhhhh as the Rizla said thats a very good point. When you see him standing and then taking a step hes literally on top of the sand with no sand covering his feet in any way. So yea that def does look out of place now that you pointed it out. His feet should be sunk in slightly since hes on sand. Hopefully that is something that they will edit and it will be flawless by the time June rolls around.

10. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    He's green foot, I can see that floating. You can see the Yellow leg's "toe's" creep out from behind, underneath were the green foot should be planted.

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    there are no shadows, no impacts in the sand, no dust clouds, it's a rough composite, VERY obviously.

12. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I agree, I'd say that Devastator's CGI is done, they're just doing the fiddly "clean up" stuff like adding shadows and extra sand in front of the limbs.

I must say... Devy is growing on me.

13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, Bay did say that Devastator is the most complicated model ILM has ever done, so it will probably take a while to make just a single frame of his action.

14. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    yep that sounds right to me

15. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Devastator is ape like with "long" arms and "short" legs. Even when walking on his feet his "hands" can touch the ground with minimal crouching.
    It appears in the latest clip Devastator is lowering his "Mixmaster" head to give somebody a blast.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yes a lot of those things are missing that make the CGI character appeal to on the set instead of being superimposed in. Once all of those are added in it will make it look like he was there.

17. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

It's a nod to G1, obviously.

18. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    michael bay just commented on the showest footage saying something about how it wasn't all done, so i wouldn't be surprised if the devs shot wasn't done

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The CGI might be finished, but perhaps the compositing hasn't, which is why the big guy is floating.