devastator theory/fanon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformervic1, Jul 26, 2012.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    So I noticed that the usual thought of devestator and how he formed was due to the work of drones with no alt mode since the robot forms of the other constructicons were battling it out with the military (Long Haul, Scrapper, Mixmaster, and Rampage).

So after DOTM showed us that it is possible to have copies (since it's basically confirmed that protoforms can look like main characters based off their alt mode), It got me thinking that maybe devastator's constructicons could have been the constructicons and that those were actually drone copies fighting the military. To back this theory up there's two scenes where Mixmaster's "con dog" is shown off: 1. before he leaves the boat, and 2. right before he transforms for devastator, implying that this is the same robot.

The only faulty in this is that scrapper is already dead at this point. He's the only one replaced by a drone.

I know people might say "you're thinking too hard into this" but hey, it's just my :2c:  of fanon. plus i'm not bombarding this forum with useless threads. In fact, this is my first thread back in the movie discussion since june of 2011!

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    you are correct, the movieverse cosntructicons are ALL Drones, thus there can be multiples of them, hasbro website supports this saying that devastator can be bigger and such if more cosntructicons merge, thus there are more, the tales of the fallen prequel fallen refer the constructicons as drones

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It's a good theory, but I just can't look past the fact that we got "drones" because "copy and paste" is easier, quicker, and cheaper than "designing something new."

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    The whole "drone" thing is such a mess. The movies duplicate existing Cons with no explanation, and Hasbro/comic writers scramble to make sense of it all. I understand there's little reason to give random 5-second mooks their own CGI model, but at least do something like the classic Seekers were the named characters have their own colors.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They've been doing that since the first days of G1, though.

6. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

So why not movie make another Devastator?

7. Noideaforaname

News Credits:
    Because as far as the movies are concerned, there was only ever 1 Constructicon team (despite what was shown on screen) and thus only ever 1 Devastator. The drones/multiple teams idea was purely a comic/Hasbro invention.

8. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Ah ok

9. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    You know, I don't really like the whole drone thing. Having mutiple Long Hauls and what not can get confusing. As I'm sure it all was when everyone first saw ROTF.

10. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

actuly you'r wrong that wasn't scraper that was killed it was demolisher at least according to the toy it was

11. fisch

fisch In a room...WITH A MOOSE!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You are both right. Demolisher was destroyed in Shanghai and Scrapper was ripped apart to give parts for Megatron's resurrection.

They are drones.

As for Mixmaster's ornament... Copycat.

It's like going to PepBoys to buy those crappy, peel and stick, useless fender vents when you saw them on someone else's car.

12. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yeah, unfortunately.

14. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    shit, the movie constructicons were a mess. i feel like a lot of it could've been avoided if they didn't make the guy who dies at the beginning of the movie look exactly like the guy that becomes devastator.

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Proof the ones that formed Devestator have no robot forms? Just because they didn't transform, doesn't mean they can't. Does that mean all the generic Decepticons in ROTF & DOTM were Action Masters because they were in robot form for their scenes. Shockwave didn't transform. Guess he can't either??? Soundwave must have had a super upgrade between movies because he didn't transform in ROTF. Action Master Soundwave FTW.

Seeing the robot mode fighting in another space just means there are robots with the same forms. I saw Constructicons in DOTM when the ROTF ones were destroyed. A Bonecrusher alt mode was driving around in ROTF when the one was clearly killed. Most obvious duplicate bot is Blackout/Grindor.

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :tumbleweed: 

17. Noideaforaname

News Credits:
    I don't think the typical moviegoer ever got the fact that the evil robots that look exactly like the other evil robots just coincidentally happened to look exactly alike and weren't meant to be those evil robots.