Devastator Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How tall is the new Walmart Devastator?

and

How brittle is the Chinese G1 KO?

2. knockoff

knockoff Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if yer talking about the G1 devastator bootlegs found at walmart, i can attest that quality will vary, but at most i'd give it a 5.5/10.

as for the chinese g1 devy boots, depending on which color and when it was bought will ultimately determine the overall quality.. but if i have to round and give an average, it'd be 7.5/10.

chinese g1 devy boots:
    rainbow devy (individually packaged constructicons) - this one can really vary.. if u have the old one, you will find that it has all the standard metal parts that g1 devy had. it also has an excellent mold - this one was released over 15 years ago. 8/10

rainbow devy 2 - this one was released a la giftset style. and tho it appears to be made from the same mold, it is very obvious that the molds degraded overtime.. not as sharp as the individual ones, but still with all the good ole metal content. 7/10

yellow/orange china devy v.1 - this one i found 8 years ago in LA's c-town. good sticker quality and placement, running paint on the eyes... overall condition and construction - 7/10 (better molding than rainbow devy 2, but no metal)

yellow/orange china devy v.2 - this one i found 7 years ago also in LA's c-town. poor molding, poor sticker quality and poor sticker placement. whacked.. 5/10

green devy v.1 - guess where i found this one? u guess it, LA's c-town. found in 2002, first time i noticed the emergence of the decepticon symbol. best devy boot found to this date. whoever made this one gave it some massssssive love. great mold, great sticker quality, and great sticker placement. 8.5/10

green devy v.2 - this may have been the second run of green devy, this found in SJ flea market - not as sharp molding, same sticker quality as green devy v.1, but placement.. man was this person blind? 6/10

big lots and wal mart devys - these were prolly made by the same folks, but were just packaged differently... got these through private trades... and i immediately regretted it, hahahahaa. these were the only devy's to actually break on me.. some of the parts were either too tight or too loose... if given a second chance, i'd pass these up. but if KO devys are scarce in yer area, these are a decent placehoilders till u get can the real deal holyfield g1 or g2 devy, or a decent china bootleg.

note: the rainbow devys are made from the g1 mold, all other devys g2. hope this helps!

- KO

(note, these are my opinions based off my collection, but knowing bootlegs, yall might have a different story to tell, cheers!)

3. Nerdling

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa dude, thanks for the extensive reply. I was just wanting to know the quality of the Chinese KO Devastators I've seen on ebay. Not exactly sure the year which they came out, but they looked tempting. He's not the most poseable or enjoyable of figures, but he's fun to look at.

Still wish I knew how tall the Walmart 'Reissue' was.

4. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

The Classics Devastator (Energon repaint), stands a little under 10 inches.
    Hope that helps.

5. Nerdling

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone know where I can get the Micromasters Devastator?

6. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

Most likely ebay these days, or find someone here selling them.
    Good luck.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The mini Devastator KO's (G1 & G2) are quite solid actually. Biglots has them if your in the states. Most ko's in the US are Chinese versions, just different packaging for US marketing. You can probably go find one in an easter basket at Walmart as well.

The regular sized ko's are decent, but the main thing I hate about them is the pelvic connector piece that fits on Longhaul is weak and will break easily. Which sucks since it hold's the upper & lower halves of Dev together.
    The fig's are ok, but the accessories don't fit too well