Customs: Devastator parts list... Please feel free to help out :)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Skywarp181, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well im trying to figure out which parts i need and after reading several posts i would like to thank everyone who has built this figure and listed parts.
    There are pieces i am missing please help out.

So to sum up most of everything This is what ive got so far.

1. RID Landfill Set ( Do we need all of them? or can we just get the ones we need?)
    [​IMG]

2.Armada Unicron (part- Hips and legs )
    [​IMG]

3. Supreme Starscream ( Part- Head )
    ( Does someone here sell a recast of this piece? )
    [​IMG]

4. Demolisher ( Part- Chest piece ?? )
    [​IMG]

5. Cybertron Landmine ( Part- Right Leg )
    [​IMG]

6. Cybertron Primus ( Part- Hands )
    [​IMG]

7. Joints from Lego Knights (
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Energon Barricade ( Part- Left Leg (not sure ? )
    [​IMG]

I know there are other pieces missing so if anyone can help out it would be Great!!

There are some lego technic pieces but i cant figure out which ones??

Agian thanks to everyone who has made this figure and has posted their hard work and ideas!!!

2. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:

1.) You don't need heavy load from the RID build team. But yes on the other 3

2.) Also make sure you get the bottom of unicron's stomach...it will allow your dey to have a turning waist.

3.) Ptitvite sells casts of the head.

4.) Yes you need demolisher...he is devy's stomach.

5.) Yes on landmine...or grindcore from the 2007 movie.

6.) Yes on Primus...there are other useful parts on him. PM me your email addy and I'll try to get you some pics.

7.) I use lego knights connectors for the upper body and neodymium magnets for the legs and waist. Some people use neo shifters instead...it is totally personal preference.

8.) Barricade is the most common mold used for mixmaster...though you will need to find a good scaled cement mixer and a cab for the front end....mixmaster is a pain. again PM me your email and I'll send you some pics of different versions.

....) you will also need something to use for the chest shield....anything that grabs you, there are some custom made versions available here on the boards. But some people really prefer scratch built ones.

You will need something to attach devy's head to high tower, I use gundam ball joints. again..personal preference.

That's about it for parts. The rest is some imagination and looking around on the boards for pictures.
    This thread was VERY helpful to me.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...ptitvites-devastator-technical-data-pics.html

Good luck!
    If you have any questions feel free to ask.

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I haven't made one yet,started on it already though..

You only need 3 of the Landfill set,you won't need the Dump Truck,you need Energon Demolisher,and Energon Barricade.You will turn Barricade into Mixmaster,so you will need a cheap Cement Mixer toy for that.

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Stupid double post!

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

You aren't missing much. You've got most of it there. The Lego pieces are completely optional. Just figure out a way to connect them however you like. I'm personally trying to keep to TF parts and pieces.

I've got my WIP thread down there in my sig if you care to take a look. I haven't updated it yet, but I've since gotten Primus' arms and am starting work on Mixmaster. Which sucks. LOL

Searching "Devastator" is sure going to get you to a lot of threads, so be sure to search and check out what almost literally everyone else has done. There's a lot to learn just from that.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the chestpiece. There's a member who sells casts of his custom chestpiece, but I think most others (including myself) are using G1 or KO chestpieces. Stop by a Big Lots store and see if they have the KO Constructicon/Devastator set. That's where I got mine.

6. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    Why does everyone think they need RID hightower? I'm attempting mine with Energon Roadblock...

7. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

8. Skywarp181

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, thanks for the replies !!
    I read on one of the threads that we needed some parts from lego technics?
    anyone know which ones?

Sioce, pmd you my addy. Thanks

Thanks agian

9. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

If you (or anyone for that matter) need some lego knights, I have 3 available. PM me if you want them

10. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Ptitvite's thread is a great resource. He was the first one who put this together but many others have taken it in other directions or came up with better ideas, so you should definitely search around.

Like Sioce says, be prepared for Mixmaster - whether you make it from Barricade or any other fig. It's the hardest part depending on how you want to have him look. If you search, like Kusanagi says, you should find threads for Frenzy_Rumble, ThyVypera, Sioce, BrokenSVT and others who have done them a couple of ways.

You might also find my thread: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/211434-devastator-wip-first-bash-updated-1-18-a.html

I tried to document how I was going about it. I hit the Mixmaster roadblock back in the beginning of the year and haven't had time to get back on it. Sioce helped me with pics on how he handled it - which is pretty much how I was doing it but with added Starscream parts for stability. I hope I can get back on finishing him some time soon. =(

Oh, and you'll see my plans for a shield too. Yourreflection has a thread for the one he was casting and selling. He also sells a cast of SS's head but Ptitvite also sells a cast of his custom Dev head too.

Good luck!

11. Skywarp181

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is their an thread on how to install the led into starscreams head?

12. Skywarp181

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone happen to know what parts these are?
    and what gun this is? i used a pic of one of the radicons here hope its okay?
    [​IMG]