Devastator Masterpiece?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 3P39V, Jan 21, 2012.

1. 3P39V

3P39V New Member

Hey first introducing myself to the forums. I was checking out the Unicron scene in the Transformers Movie.! *one of my favorites* on Youtube.

Looked to the right at related videos and saw transformers and begin to think back to the days I had Blaster, Shockwave, Galvatron, cousin had Megatron, had a Predacon..etc..etc...and then was shocked at how much they are now!!!! :(  Well mine were ran through playing...not thinking about value when you're about 7-8 years old..*LOL*..so

was told about this site...I actually just recently purchased 2 Megatron Masterpiece..one to keep sealed and one to Transform and that's it...*LOL* Display piece...I lilke the Masterpiece series from what I've saw on Youtube and such..so...was wondering...

Would they come out with a Constructicon Masterpiece series? That would be crazy!!!! and I would buy two of each!!! *LOL* Any info or possible contact info to Takara(spelling correct???) to have them do these!

2. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Haa I doubt Takara will ever do a MP of devy... the closest I beleave we get is herc and giant from 3rd party companys
    Edit: to better clarify HasTak releases what 1 MP figure a year? Devy is 6 figures... That plus the additional cost of development for a MP combiner puts that project out of the relm of possibilitys sadly IMO...
    Edit:Edit: Welcome to the forms

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Hercules is the closest I think we'll ever get,but he's not an official Hasbro / Tak product.

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As cool as it would be to see happen, I'm sad to say it probably won't. It'll coat way more than your average masterpiece, and those are already starting to climb in retail price as is.

5. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

I'd like to see ANY combiner that is made out of master piece figures but I've asked LOTS of the customizers here and they all say pretty much the same thing...the difficulty of actually doing it would price it so high that next to no one could afford it, lol. Not that the Stunticons are my fav combiner team, but they would certainly be the most likely to get the MP treatment for an MP Menasor since it could build up from an MP Prime and MP'ed Alternators.

6. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

Realistically, we'll never see a Masterpiece combiner. Yes, Devastator would be an excellent choice, and guaranteed to sell. However, the complexity of the figure would drive the price sky high. Considering the price for a US Masterpiece is $60, I'd ballpark the price for a Masterpiece Devastator at $100-$150, which would put it squarely in the "Collectors only, guaranteed to get severely scalped" price range.

7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Damit! Saw the title, an jumped the gun. Ah. Back to dreaming.

8. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

Just buy Herc and be happy with that expensive beauty

9. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We will never know what happen in future,maybe TakaraTomy will come out MP Devastator,we won't know,shall keep our finger cross

11. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never say never, guys. I remember discussions about how there would never be a Masterpiece Megatron because they'd never make him a gun. Well now we all know better. Give them time. We may yet see some unbelievable things in the upcoming years.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I cannot say if they will ever make a Masterpiece Devy or any other combiner for that matter but if they do the price is sure to top out in the same neighbor hood as hercules.

13. 3P39V

3P39V New Member

Didnt know they make 1 MP a year????? They must have one designer or something..*LOL* Im a Mechanical Engineer in manufacturing & designing..so..I need to get a job with them..*LOL*

Whats the Hercules scale compared to the MP's?

I would deal with about $100 something or so per constructicon...One could come out each month ending in June with July having any add-ons....they would more get their money back on development and manufacturing costs no doubt.

Only one that would probably cost more than the others are the two constructicons that implement the hands and the other with the head implemented.

Seems reasonable...get it first preorder, cause like you said the scalping after would drive it up to the $700 range..possibly..*LOL* :( 

14. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And if that's the case, you'd be better off buying Hercules now :tongue: 

I guess that's fair...but how much time?

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    He doesn't, especially with MP Megs. Megs is around 12-13" depending of you count his barrel on his shoulder and I think Herc is around 15" tall so it's the biggest combiner to date you can buy and it does look impressive but you'd have to forget about MP scaling.

If you really want a full MP figure line you may need to look at a bit of customising then you can easily swell your MP numbers with an oversized KO Soundwave (who comes with a perfect MP Laserbeak), Device Label Ravage, and with Alternators/Binaltech you can make Prowl, Wheeljack, Bluestreak, Hound, Brawn, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Hoist, Smokescreen, Red Alert and Sideswipe that scale really well with MP Prime.

If you can get your head around re-shelling then the sky is the limit where true G1 MP Autobots are concerned. It's a slippery slope though! There are some seriously impressive figures on the Radicon section of the board.

16. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it were to happen, I think Takara would release them as deluxe sizes and price the set at $350.

17. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really wanted a new Devastator and nearly bought Herc on a few occasions but i just have a feeling Takara can and will make their own and it will be better. I may be wrong but that is ok i am also confident there will still be a few reissues of Herc to jump onboard with.

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yah,never say never but for MP Devastator,we may have to wait quite a while,maybe few years down the road

19. jjd1981

jjd1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I have been thinking about this long and hard for a while. I think it is possible that an MP Devastator can be done. Think about it like this, here a Takara MP 10, Prime with Trailer, costs 250, as did Rodimus Prime with trailer. Now if you take 6 smaller figures either with built in components or attachable ones then it is possible to do it at 250. I do not think Hasbro would sell it here, unless it was 2 releases of 3.

Its not the constructicons done extremely large that will sell, its Devastator done right in a MP treatment that will work. Maybe Devs would just be smaller, but still bigger than Rodimus and Prime.