Heavy/Scratch: Devastator in the making

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Crefigz, Jan 31, 2009.

1. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Need more pics...

Pretty please!:bowdown: :p :drool: 

2. Crefigz

Crefigz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Going to get some pics of Dev soon, right now here are the pics requested regarding what air brush I'm using.
    I don't mind sharing what I'm using, just kind of busy with stuff lately. Here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bought it locally here in Malaysia.

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, just the forearm is a beauty!!...I can't wait to see what the rest of him looks like :thumb 

4. Crefigz

Ebay:
    Thanks, I will post up soon, just can't get enough time in a day to work on this piece.

5. Crefigz

Ebay:
    Scrapper Updated !

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    looking good, but to be honest, was expecting more detail from you. I thought you'd go to town with the air brush and details, you need to blow us away with something unique and with your style. I like the head mods too. I am not trying to offend you or anything, but it seems your choices of color were identical to mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seems many of the details and color choices for those details as exact, such as the knees, chest, waist and such. There are so many options for the colors on this, yet, I am disappointed you went so similar. You have the opportunity to take this paint job to the next level.

Edit: after looking at your flickr photos, I do like what you've done, it's tough to differentiate some of the flair you added from the 3 pics on this thread. I really like the worn/rusty look and mud on the tires.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  7. chris-morada

chris-morada Banned

Word! F_R is right, Take your time man, unless you are in need of some serious dough... I'm also working on a Dev, but still stuck on sanding one figure.:D  It's a dirty job, someone's got to do it!

8. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I'm won't say much.

9. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

my opinion, you did a great job, I love the texture of your character.
    The drybrush is well done, it looks like it came out of a battlefield. I also like the dark tones you've given him.
    The green seems more yellow than aforementioned. I like the "rust" leaks you made.
    I'm behind you all the way, nice take on a figure that has been done before. Nice skills, I personnaly don't favor anything people say about devastator no more, some points out things about repeating something that has been done, especially with devastator. To me, it's ptitvite piece of art, heck I'm not even ptitvite, and I sometimes get pissed off.

My opinion ;) 
    Everybody elses is welcome as well.

10. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Here is a fair comparison for the two. Looking at the two I just have to applaud Crefigz for the extra amount of depth and detail he put into his. One thing I don't understand is why you are making everyone compare his work to yours F_R? Cant say your are not either, why else would you feel compelled to post pictures of your own work in his. Time to let someone else's work get some love.

Crefigz you did an outstanding job with him in the details department. He looks like a real dirty machine and that's what I was expecting from you. The shovel alone in your flikr account is very noteworthy as the texture you gave it makes it look like real caked on dirt. Cant wait to see how the others will look all together let alone combined(tho i still hate primus/unicron combiners but I digress *looks at frank*:rolleyes:  ) I am also sorry that you have to have your work compared to someone elses instead of just taking it as a crefigz custom and judging it by your standard and not someone else's(which in my opinion has exceeded all already). Keep them Updates Coming!:drool:  and post more pictures!

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

F_R: It's like you hijacked the man's thread with pics comparing your Devs to his. Let it go. I know you're not trying to be vindictive, but that still doesn't stop me from labeling your actions as a form of self-promotion. I'm sorry to come off this way. I really love your work and you're definitely a viable part of the customs community, but I really resent the attitude you've adopted in some of your posts. It's like you're seeking "intellectual" royalties or something to that effect. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

12. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Tony: it's not about me being in any spotlight, if anything I should be first and foremost about comments on this custom. I assited Crefigz in building it, step-by-step. Any artist could see the similarities, the colors of purple/black and green are identical to mine. even the little things on his waist are purple w/ yellow inside them. for god's sake Tony, get off your horse already and stop your inquisition of trying to make me look like a 'bad guy' here. I provide TONS of assistance to all radicons and kitbashers.

If you can get off your mission of trying to break me down you'd see the similarities, I shouldn't even have to point them out...

I would never post my Devastator if it looked anything alike more than the figures chosen to Ptitvites. I think anyone can clearly see there's a huge EFFORT and distinct difference between Ptitvite's and my own. I knew (as do others using Ptitvite's formula) that a proper eye for criticism will follow posting a recreation of an existing project. I wouldn't DARE put a flat out copy of Ptitvite's details and color picks. I wouldn't have the audacity to post my version of Ptitvite's if he had held my hand during my entire process, then studies his pictures for color and detail references.

However, if you want to open this up to a different perspective....I suppose, I could be flattered.

13. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    it's not nor ever was "self-promotion" this is "self-preservation" for myself, ptitvite, and the many others who do this because we put our hearts into it. I have no doubt crefigz is putting his heart into it, I am just simply disappointed there is hardly any difference between his and my renditions of Scrapper.

I take a lot of pride in my customs, where I put what colors, etc. I respect and that respect has been apparent with the adaptation of Ptitvite's formula. Ptitvite will be the first to agree that I
    I realize you guys (and some others) have a thing for me, and it doesn't matter really. Continue to *think* you know who I am or why I am here, but the people who have repeatably come to me with help/advice/etc, know exactly what I am talking about.

This is nor never was any competition, or contest or debate. This is a forum for sharing ideas and helping one another, not to label each other and comment as if we know something no one else does, nor is it a place to grab an idea seek help with the idea, then vindictively study detail behind that person's back for your own profit and self.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Fair enough. I'm not trying to downplay what you've done for Radicons and other kitbashing communities. But I'm just going to let it go because it's not right to be bringing this into someone else's thread. So let's get back on topic.

15. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Quit making it personal or I will just report you bro. All I said was there is no need to compare everything he does to yours. Am I wrong, no. You are sitting here with a personal problem with Crefigz here, email me about it very rudely accusing me of stuff I wont mention. I told you before, if you have a problem with him(or even me) the forums is not the place to do this. The arrogance and "self-preservation" you claim makes you sound so damn petty it makes me sick. And you god honestly act like your the only one that helps around here? Dude I empty my PM box on a daily basis of questions and inquiries. Quit making it sound like your the only one, again, being petty. Get off your horse and come down here and admit your going over board with all this devastator stuff. Ptitvite was the original, you made improvments, and now countless others wanna do the same. Every time you post it is making me sick, if I meet you in at Botcon I sure hope that your not this way in real life cause then I will be really sad for you.

Edit For teh sake of this thread and keeping on topic if you want to discuss this more them email me. Please stop cluttering up Crefigz thread (Cefigz I am sorry as well.)

16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    are you serious? I'll tell you this much, you need to email me now if you have so many problem with me buddy.

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Hey, who here likes Transformers? I know I do.

Anyway Crefigz, I really like the wheel configuration you used for Scrapper. Gives it a backpack effect. Als, I'm digging the mud on the tires as well as the nozzle on the gun.

18. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    I do I do! lol What an oversight my me. The way the Tires are put up does look pretty cool. And when working with constructicons there can never be enough mud! :ev: 

19. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

You put the paint on the figure cregfiz and did a stellar job, you're detailing is awesome, even if I chose to emulate a great scheme done before, I'd never have the skill to carry it off so well. I'm going crazy to see the rest.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Makes me want Landmine (again).