Heavy/Scratch: Devastator in the making

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Crefigz, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Crefigz

Crefigz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Devastator - Complete

Building of this Devastator is partly guided by MoeSizzlac & Frenzy_Rumble, the idea of this piece comes from Ptitive of TFW2005 who is the first guy that built this masterpiece.

I guess there is not a need for me to tell more about this piece,lets just look at the pictures below. Somehow, I'm still not 100% satisfied with this painting concept. I will try to update as soon as I complete some other parts.

Devastator is in the building process and will be up for auction on eBay - March 2009 !

Update No.2 - 26 February 2009 - Scrapper completed. (37 Pictures in total for this figure - do head over to http://www.crefigz.com or my FlickR page to see more pictures. Stay Tuned !

Final Update - 23rd February 2009
    More pictures available in my FlickR.

Devastator is now completed and will be up on eBay for auction at almost the same time as Frenzy_Rumble & SabSabby Collaboration's Devastator.
    This is the very first combiner built and painted by Crefigz, this project is inspired by the idea of Ptitive.

I have been thinking there is a need for my work to be judged or create a competition but, not for the sake of coming up with whoever that gets higher auction price is the best.
    Its not always about Money, however there is a need to bring in some profit to compensate for the effort and time spent to complete this piece.
    Most importantly, I wish to find out where is my level of work with the feedbacks from this piece.

Devastator is inclusive of 6 modified and transformable Constructicons : Bonecrusher, Scavenger, Mixmaster, Scrapper, Hook and Long Haul.
    The main objective I'm trying to achieve is to get Devastator to look as realistic as possible. Nonetheless, it is formed up of Constructicons.
    Devastator was airbrushed and hand painted with quality paints, given layers of coating to protect the paint from chipping.

I would like to thank some guys who gave me advice and ideas along the way. (Ptitive as the one who came up with the idea),(MoeSizzlac,Project9,FR,MonolithDesign) and Radicons.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

wow, that's beautiful. excellent paint apps

3. Omega Magnus

Omega Magnus Gorillabot

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah ditto on the paint dude, you really have some nice variation in tones there. It really has the appearance of weathered metal.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

LOL You're not completely happy with that? If only I could paint close to half as good as that...

5. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Yoo hoo~ Yay Crefigz! Looks super awesome. ANd awww...c'mon. Doubt you're THAT mean to make us angels wait that long aren't ya!! It's killing us! SHow us more pics!!! Please??????? *blinks twice*

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    You could just sell that with a bunch Dinobots saying "Devastator Destroyed!"

7. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    why did you remove the elbow and rest past the forearm? those are essential in connecting it properly. paint looks good, though not loving the choice for the purple, looks a little light.

8. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same. I thought it was light blue actually, or that my screen was adjusted wrong. Besides that the paint apps are great. I especially like the rust highlighting you've done.

9. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

good looking paint apps. Can't wait to see more.

10. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Can't wait to see this thing completed!! Great job.

11. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Awesome paint job, can't wait to see how he looks all put together!

12. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    The paint job looks good. Except it looks more like a paint job for an animated figure. THough that may be what you are shooting for. And I agree With F_R, that purple is just too light.

13. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    I think it would make a fantastic dio at the moment. Just put wolvie standing over it growling. Great paint apps.

14. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, that is looking pretty good and very detailed. And I, for one, dig the purple! Are you going to incorporate any shades of green into the finished project?

15. Crefigz

Crefigz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    LOL ! Thanks ! Still hoping to improve it, haven't finalize it after all.

Will do soon.

Thanks ! I did that so I can paint only this part, the purple doesn't look that light and I chose that purple in order to achieve a seasoned effect of this piece. If the rest of the parts are seasoned and this purple is brighter n darker it will look obvious that it doesn't match the concept of seasoned Dev.

all in the name of Seasoned effect ! Sure there will be shades of green involve, will update soon.

16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I am curious to why the rest of the arms are missing. Also, I am 99.9% sure the building phase isn't complete, right? how can you be painting without him being built yet? I am just curious on your process...

17. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ahh ok I see what your going for now. Then I think that works out great.

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think it's about being "dark" or "bright", just more accurate. the hue seems to be off, and it's more of a lilac or light blue than purple if anything. I think you can retain this "seasoned" look while keeping the colors more masculine looking (sorry but the word fits the statement)

Another important thing, I just read the OP, and I didn't realize you'd be selling this on ebay. I've (and others) have given you countless amounts of help during the entire building process, many conversations, I walk you through step-by-step. While I love helping people with customs, I don't think it's "right" nor would I want to verbally build this for you, and then you turn around to auction it. Pointers and tips are one thing, but you and I basically walked you through several of the connections and/or joints with pics and lots of emails...

19. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I know some others that would say the same about you

20. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    not true at all. No one's ever walked me through a project. I've seen work in progress pics of Ptitvite's Devy, if that's what you're nonchalantly referring to, and might have asked him a handful of pointers, like "what figure is that, etc" but never did anyone ever help me build anything step-by-step, and then I turn around and sell that project on ebay.

The big difference is using another's idea vs. anothers blueprints.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009