Devastator In Action Master increase or decrease in size?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jan 7, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello,Since constructicon will be destory and rebuit again with Nucleon in season if G1 cartoon continue in season 4 after rebirth and Marvel us comics continue after issue 80 , do you think After Constructicon form Devastator it form stuck, do you think Devastator size will increase or decrease once he become Action Master ?
    I ask because i remember Grimlock become Action Master in us Marvel comics .
    I think his size will decrease because in toy he size actually also the same with Megatron and Soundwave in Action Master i,what do you think?

However if he size increase do you think will he able to defeat Omega Supreme and other G1 combiner ?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

All the Action Masters were the same basic size toy-wise - in the Marvel Earthforce continuity there was a story where the Constructicons had lost the abilty to combine and where building a seperate Devastator entity (the same concept was used again recently in the Titan UK movie-verse comic) which was probably a reference to the Action Master Devastator toy, so in that continuity it would seem that Devastator wasn't supposed to shrink any...

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Omega Spreem's toy (Clearly intended to be AM Omega Supreme, albeit with a confused name and weird color scheme) was larger tham AM Devy, so I'm guessing the Green-Team would still be defeated by the last Guardian as well.

But Aciton Masters were so underdeveloped...who knows?
    D/L

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since scale was even more laughable and inconsistent in G1 than it is today, I don't think the fact that the Devastator Action Master was the same height as the other Action Masters is any indication that he had shrunk. It's just an indication that Hasbro didn't want to spend the money to make bigger Action Masters. I don't think his height would increase or decrease, I think it would stay the same.

As for whether he could defeat Omega Supreme and the other G1 combiners, however, I think he would definitely be stronger than before since Nucleon was a power booster. I'd be willing to bet that he could take Omega... that is, of course, until Omega Spreem came along.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Neither. He'd have not become an Action Master.

At around the same time as these hypothetical comics would have been released, Hasbro International re-released the Constructicons. Chances are Simon Furman would have sidestepped the whole issue by simply bringing back the Constructicons and Devastator to make their inclusion a promotion of both releases.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    If you're referring to the yellow non-combining Constructicons, they came out several years after AM Devastator.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish Hasbro had pulled a "Carnage in C Minor" and produced an Action Master Scrapper or Bonecrusher to stand next to AM Devastator.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  8. Nevermore

News Credits:
    You can put AM Soundwave next to him!

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    Just imagine if am devy was full scale n the look on megs face when devy asked 'i found a giant scorpion bot, can i keep iiiiiiiitttt?!!'

10. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I thought they were 1991 releases?

11. Nevermore

News Credits:
    They came out in 1992 together with the equally non-combining Rescue Force. Both even came on the same style of uniform non-individualized cardback.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

They were, its when I got my orginal ones in green with all the parts.

13. Nevermore

News Credits:
  14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

They were in turbo master line but I know all of the orginal G1 ones were back in stores in the early 90's not sure if it was part of that gold carded "class" re issue of the first few wave of G1 we got or what but there were out there.

15. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Ah, fair enough. I've always been a bit fuzzy on where stuff falls in those two years. And I'm probably thinking of the re-release Cast mentioned which my brother and I got at around that time.

I remember those reissue ones. They were on original cards not gold cards though. I've got the packaging stored here, none of the copyright information was updated. It certainly coincided with the gold box releases though, my brother got a mix of both them and the gold box stuff one birthday.

16. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I'm glad I'm not the only one that remember that, maybe the UK got some old stock or something.

17. Nevermore

News Credits:
  18. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I know we got Mexican G1 toys around 89 like Prowl, Ratchet, Prime, the Jumpstarters and the green Constructicons.

I always like to think that Actionmaster Devestator is the Japanese Micromaster combiner after an infusion of Nucleon. Makes more sense of the size issue.

19. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Yeah, we got them too.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    The toys were all the same size because the intention was to have them interchangeable with each other's vehicles and accessories. Thats understandable and I don't have a problem with that even with gestalt characters like Devastator being the same height as Bumblebee.

In fiction though, I'd think that Nucleon enhanced characters would remain the same height as they did before even though you'll never be able to replicate that with the toys.

As far as I'm concerned, toy size is one thing, character size in fiction is another. Legends Megatron for example is still bigger in fiction than Supreme movie Bumblebee despite the obvious size difference of their toys. Some toys aren't supposed to be in scale with each other and are just a version of a character sold at a particular price point and nothing more.

And I remember the green Constructicons being released in England too. I picked up a green Long Haul from Woolworths as a kid in the late eighties or there abouts. I don't remember the packaging being any different but then I didn't pay attention to it much back then.