Heavy/Scratch: Devastator Finished After Starting 3 Years Ago

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mirage775, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    I decided to start a new thread, but the original one is located here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/480920-i-know-were-all-tired-devy-but-heres-my-progress-after-starting-3-years-ago.html

I've finished him except for Decepticon stickers that I ordered from ReproLabels this week. I know he's not the greatest, but he's my first bash and I've heard that Devy is a tough bash from others on the forums. I'm also working on an SSS head with red LED's. This one's for my little brother and I plan on making one, non-transformable one for myself in G2/modern day colors.

EDIT: My brother wanted him in a flat sealer too. I would've preferred glossy, but I'll gloss mine.

Attached Files:

2. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    nice work,good to see you finally complete this,i like the fact you kept it strictly g1 and i like scavengers purple treads,awesome stuff,my only critic would be that maybe the arm connector on wedge/bonecrusher could be a little tighter in,but its a small gripe.good stuff man

3. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    and he is the greatest!amazing first bash man seriously

4. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    Yeah, I love the G1 color theme! Someone else said something about Scavengers connector piece. It's the same length as Bone Crushers... I did the upper section when I started 3 years ago. They look crappy, but they're both strong connections.

Thanks!

5. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

NICE! Love the G1 look man, and very good to see him finished! Now, time to get started on your second one :) 

6. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    Where you been man? I emailed you the other day asking if you got the stuff I sent ya and never heard a word? Back to the subject at hand, can either of you tell me what connections you used for BC and Scavenger? Also, what did ya use on Scrapper? I screwed up and cut too much of the leg section out and ended up with a nice gap between the leg and Scrapper.

7. SonOfNemesis

I used neo-shifters for all my connectors basically. Hook had 2 female connectors and Scavenger had a male connector. BC had the same thing but the male connector was cut really short and basically fused into that flap on BC's inside.

Scrapper's connector was made up of a neo-shifter/nut and bolt mix. Hard to explain but worked very well. You don't have to use the nut/bolt - a regular neo-shifter connection would've been fine but I wanted added strength and easy repair if ever needed.

Been busy with work man, sorry about that. I intend on using those very cool heads for another Devy that I'll prolly work on over the winter season...slowly but surely :) 

The leg gap can be remedied with a piece of cut styrene to cover the gap and even square off that gapped edge...just a thought.

8. Scotscream

Scotscream Total-con

Ebay:
    yeah sorry i noticed they were the same size afterward because the picture i looked at was at an angle,here maybe a cool idea,since they are a good strong connection why not box them in with some parts around them?check out frenzy rumbles devastator and you see what i mean,it would enhance this even further and bulk him up even more,that just my worthless 2 cents though but good stuff man

9. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    In the next few weeks, I'm going to start making my own G2 non-transforming Devy. I figured I can do more with the next one. I also pre-ordered the Hercules Devy, so I'll be looking forward to those pieces as they come in!

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

This is very very cool

11. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:

Thanks! It's not the best by far, but I think it's good, for my first Radicon.

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    If you stand him straight, is he level?

13. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    Yep

14. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER

have to say again this one awesome piece man, really cool to see it in person and glad to meet you and your brother and good luck on all of your future endeavors

15. SonOfNemesis

Totally forgot this one was yours, I was helping another guy and to you two mixed up! I remember this one now, it's outstanding work for your first one! You've got to do another one and make it realistic or IDW style :) 

16. Mirage775

Mirage775 Autobot

Ebay:
    Thanks again man! I didn't get your name, as I believe you were pretty excited to see it in person, lol! I need to get those Unicron's from ya! Later, Jason

Gee, thanks, Zac, I feel so important.... Nah, I'm gonna do another one in G2 colors. What is IDW anyway? I see people saying it all the time and have no clue what it means...? I won the yellow Landfill figures off ebay a few weeks ago and have the yellow Landmine, so just gotta get a Demolisher and spray everything yellow and I'll pretty much be done with him! Gotta make a Bruticus for my brother and a Defensor for myself soon. I'll probably get ya to help me on those too, lol. Later, Jason

17. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER