Devastator Combiner Set vs Legend Class Devastator troubles

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by the goth rat, Jul 2, 2009.

1. the goth rat

the goth rat Well-Known Member

well i ask any one to prove that i am wrong but since he appeared at BBTS i have looked at the figure and the 2 pics they have of him and i have looked again and i get the feeling we are being ripped, now i want any one to prove me wrong and I REALLY WANT TO BE WRONG ON THIS

but the combiner set looks to me as if all you get is Devastator and the Vehicle forms of the constructicons and not their own little robot forms what brings me to think it is if you look at the tracks on Demolishor that i circled in the second pic it looks like its only for linking, plus he looks very bulky? but i'll let that pass for i know that is the battery pack section

however in the 2 pics after that are of the Legend class constructicons not only do they become vehicle and their own robot forms you get one extra plus he looks better as Devastator

but none the less i simply can't look at the Combiner set with out thinking of what a rip :(  and again i want to be wrong on this so please post any pics to prove me wrong

Attached Files:

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I shoudl have mine within the hour. I'll post a review.

3. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

You're a little late to the game. Supreme Devs does not have individual robot modes on the vehicles.

4. the goth rat

well thank you very much you saved me $300 i'll settle for the much more sleek and far more appealing to the eyes Legend Class one atm the Devastator figure arn't here yet so i thank you muchly

5. the goth rat

i hope you don't get ripped down here in OZ he will cost around $300

6. xOPtimUsZErOx

xOPtimUsZErOx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    can't wait

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yeesh, $300? That's insane. I'd push to pay $30 on that piece of crap. And yup, it's been known from the beginning that they don't have individual bot modes.

8. the goth rat

dang i must of missed that but what a crock i could buy 4 versions of the legend class full set that all fully Transform for the same price of the combiner set dang

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, but legends are...legends...

10. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Well, I will say this about the supreme(I'm asuming that's the size class.) Devastator set, the lack of individual robot modes is actually film actuate.

In fact so are the individual Constructicon toys that don't combine...Cause they're both in the movie at the same time! :p 

11. AMG

AMG Old School

Looking forward to seeing it.

12. Molini

Fixed.

No offense FR, but the vast majority of us cannot afford the $3,000 and beyond price that it would take to own a supreme class version of this character done properly...and I'm sure you and the Radicon elite will no doubt be successful in your edeavors.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  13. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    oh none taken. Just saying for what it's worth, I see potential in the supreme set. I'd personally rather see that thing sitting on my shelf over a 3" or 4" tall Legends Devastator.

I plan to do a few minor mods to the supreme, nothing major for now. possibly later in the year making one where the vehicles TF into bots, but ...seeing it's completely not movie accurate, the rush or demand for that project's been de-prioritized ;) 

14. the goth rat

thats true but Devastator is Devastator if they intend on makeing one then do it right!!! i have the Toy's R Us exclusive version of the green classic Devastator and he still forms all robots and vehicles

15. the goth rat

it doesn't bother me really i actually prefer the look

16. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Oh yeah, I agree with you. I'm just saying that I found that detail between the toys and the movie rather amusing.

17. Molini

QFT. That's exactly why everyone's so pissed, it just screams missed opportunity and epic fail on Hasbro's part IMO. Of course I'm not in the business of "selling toys" so I know nothing of what they were thinking at the time.

Do you think they will even release any more constructicons considering the events in the movie? Seems kind of redundant at this point to me.

I actually think there was a joint strategy with Hasbro and Paramount considering the events in the movie. For example: Have a few individual constructicons that look cool in bot and alt. mode doing battle, then a bunch of random constructicons that form devastator but don't turn into bots so that Fans with "gotta catch em all" syndrome won't bitch as much that they don't turn into bots because they didn't in the movie and will buy this big piece of fail anyway.

Great strategy...:stick: 

18. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Devastator done "right" would be vehicles that DON'T form into robots.

19. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    After seeing ROTF,I'm actually thinking of buying the Supreme Devs,he is in fact movie accurate.

20. Molini

Just proved this point: "Have a few individual constructicons that look cool in bot and alt. mode doing battle, then a bunch of random constructicons that form devastator but don't turn into bots so that Fans with "gotta catch em all" syndrome won't bitch as much that they don't turn into bots because they didn't in the movie and will buy this big piece of fail anyway."

:D