Devastator’s colours

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Feb 13, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    One thing I didn’t really like about Devastator (not the wrecking balls – no one likes those but a few hentai-lovers) was that he was made out of a series of differently-coloured vehicles: a red excavator; a yellow scoop loader, crawler crane and bulldozer; a green dump truck; and a gray cement truck. I mean, he was probably channeling Voltron or Megazord or something, but still he didn’t look right IMO. I would have liked that all his construction vehicles be the same colour, for consistency.

No purple or green, just a basic functional yellow should serve as proper and realistic for a Constructicon combiner. Or what uniform color would you make Devastator?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly I kinda liked having different colours and stuff...

I hate the design of the thing sure, but I have nothing agains the colour scheme...

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    You don't expect to see a yellow excavator, or a yellow articulated dump truck, would you?

I liked the different colors. It showed it cared about real vehicle colors.

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Ahem

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Google search - yellow, yellow everywhere!

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    He would've been far too indistinguishable as one colour. With the limbs and certain parts contrasting colours it was easier to tell parts of him apart, which helped a lot with such a crazy complex design.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I actually thougth that the different colors make more sense. Not only that the real wolrd colors help make them blend in better (Let's face it as much as the G1 colors are fun they don't excatly scream camoflage.) but it also creates that misshapen Frankenstein monster like feel to him because he's made out of different parts. It makes him more monsterous that way which Devestator's character is mostely.

I wasn't crazy about the "Wrecking balls" either.

7. Constructor

Constructor Witness my true form!

Um, I think the only radically colored part on devastator was long haul. Mainly because he wasn't in real world construction vehicle colors. I don't Think that having all the combiner parts one color would be a smart strategic move. If they were all the same set of colors, they would be easy to find. I'm not hating on G1, I'm just saying that movie devastator's components would be harder to find in a construction zone due to their different colors.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The wrecking balls were hilarious.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    What color are construction vehicles where you are? Round here they're all yellow or orangy-yellow.

It varies from place to place though.

10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Same here. In all my 19 years of living here I'm yet to see a construction vehicle that isn't yellow/orange.

11. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

I didn't have any problem with Devastator's component vehicles being different colors. In fact, if he had been yellow or green all over, he probably would've blended into the desert environment quite a bit.

12. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

It made him look more frankenstein-ish which is what I liked about the combiners. The irony is, is that all (I say all I could be missing some) combiners have different colour limbs , i.e menasor (stunticons are all different colours) , superion (different colours again) same with defensor , and the only combiner where the combiner characters share the same paint/colour scheme and they are changed :lol  is jst quite funny to me

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefered the different colors. With different colors you can see how/where the vehicles meld together, which looks great with the movieverse complexity.

14. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I mean Overload's articulated DT, and Scavenger's giant escavator.

15. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    PURPLE AND GREEN AND IT MUST BE G1!!!!!

Green torso, red legs, yellow arms, and a red head that would be half red and half black in head mode.

16. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

Colors are fine the way they are.

17. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    100% AGREED!

Plus, I just LOVE a good, rowdy crowd at the movies and out of the 20 or so times I saw that at a theater EVERYONE was practically rollin' in the aisles over it, lol.

WIN/WIN

:D 

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Devastator's color schemes is one of my favorites, actually. There's a sense of consistency with the whole head and body being red and most the limbs being yellow, with flecks of silver throughout uniting the components. Long Haul's the only offending member, but for some reason I think that just makes the whole thing better.

I find G1 Devastator to be wildly boring being just (bright) green and purple.

19. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You gotta remember these people couldn't afford to pay for matching color equipment, contracts buy what ever is cheap not what's matching... lol

Around here the colors of these things vary depending on just that ^ whatever is the cheapest at the time, each company uses different colors for whatever reason.

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Really?
    I thought Devastator was perfect, except for his speed and performance onscreen.
    Not all colors were different, Demolishor & Rampage were both red. Mixmaster had a unique alt-mode. HIghtower & Scrapper were both yellow, but if you look at the different versions there were on Devs., maybe you'll appreciate the result a bit more.