Devastation #6

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by giga-galvatron, Feb 27, 2008.

1. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Released today! I got mine this morning!

Spoilers:

First off Runamuck and Runabout.... DEAD. Galvatron comes and helps the Decepticons by turning DeathBringer (the leader of the Reapers) into a bringer of unlife and unleashes him onto the Reapers. Scorponok is finally revealed. Dante and him become headmasters and attack Hunter as he struggles to transform into Sunstreaker's head. He eventually escapes. Hot Rod takes care of the other Headmasters with a lil assistance from Hardhead. Hot Rod decides to stay and investigate the emergence of the Headmasters. Hardhead returns to the Ark 32 (?) with Wheeljack and Ironhide's remains. Hound's until is relocated to Garrus-9 along with Prime much to Sideswipe's dismay. Hound also sends Nightbeat some info on Leadfoot's death and it triggers some memory feedback within Nightbeat and a new mystery is a foot. Lastly, Galvatron in the mist of the battle, snatches up Sixshot and bring them before Nemisis Prime and Jhaxius. The End Game is upon us.....

2. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    While I did feel like there was a ton of action, a lot of things were just confusing or unanswered. With all of the storylines they have, I'm not sure if some of those questions will ever be tied up.

Scorponok was damaged from his battle in the Spotlight series. Did he decapitate himself? Why did he need to be decapitate to do anything? It's not like he was being held captive like Sunstreaker. I dunno, it just seems like there would be an easier fix that having to bond with a human and a new head.

*What I got from Hunter is that he is now Sunstreaker and it seems as though the Sunstreaker we knew would never be in that body. What we have in his place is Hunter, who knows the tendancies of Sunstreaker. The organization is still working and interfering with Sunstreaker's head, so unless the head is rescued...is old Sunstreaker no more? Sideswipe will not be happy.

*Did Hardhead make it back to the shuttle, possibly through an orbital jump? Did he take Wheeljack and Ironhide with him? Did they leave Hardhead behind, along with the other three (whether functional or not). Not clear.

*Nothing on Jimmy and Verity. Are they comatose still? Are they brain dead?

It really seems like Devastation, in the end, was just one or two issues too short for all of the storylines they had. Don't get me wrong, it was still enjoyable for me...but there's too many things left hanging that may never be fully answered.

Onto other things...
    - Right now, it seems like the only fully functional Autobots on Earth are Hunter (as Sunstreaker) and Hot Rod (and maybe Hardhead). We'll be adding Grimlock to the mix, and I would hope the rest of the Dinobots join the fold.
    - Starscream declares his loyalty to Megatron again. Let's see how long it lasts this time!
    - I kind of feel cheated by the promises of "not everyone makes it out alive". Reapers, Runamuck, Runabout. Kill someone we care about or that make an impact in the TF Universe, not them.
    - Nemesis Prime looks interesting. Tall, not super bulky, but looks powerful. Big/lots of tires and wings too? Intriguing.
    - Loved Josh's pinup after the end.
    - It's looking very likely that All Hail Megatron is the next arc. Will this arc take place entirely on Earth, or will the adventures in space of Optimus Prime and crew be captured in this series as well. Or will Prime vs. Prime in space be the next arc after All Hail Megatron? Hopefully, we'll know more when Focus on Decepticons comes out next month.

3. twincast X99

twincast X99 Drag racing to the sky.

This issue is an excellent read. However, they are bits and pieces of the story that needs to be cleared up. Hopefully next month's issue with focus on deceptcions and grimlock spotlight should give us some insight as to what happen after devastation.

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i really want to know if all hail megatron is the next arc in this storyline so i can get subscription sorted now.

5. twincast X99

twincast X99 Drag racing to the sky.

same here. they said it suppose to be connected with the main continuity.

6. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I assume that after the transport during the Magnus spotlight something went wrong and he ended up like this. Of course we'll have to see if Simon explains this.

I thought that Sunstreaker and Hunter were now linked together similar to the G1 headmasters. Look on the last 3 panels of page 15. Sunstreaker says that what the are doing to the real him is slowing things down. I think they are sharing minds but Sunstreaker's main mind is in his original head but he can still act through the link he shares with Hunter.

EDIT: Also did E.J. Su's art seem "off" to anyone else?

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Good issue despite all the hanging threads and gaps in action, like Tim said, with Ironhide's rescue, Hardhead's beaming back to Ark #LVII or whatever, Scorponok's decapitation etc. We finally see Jhiaxus and I was all 'meh'.

But, we did get to see Starscream wield Megatron in gun mode and waste some aliens, which gave me enough fanboy glee to negate all complaints.

Also, Astrotrain was full of win at the end of the battle: "Hey, how about that--we WON! Runabout, Runamuck... I call that 'acceptable losses!'" :lol 

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  8. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

It just accured to me to that Dead Universe Transformers have some of the powerful transformers ever created. Thunderwing, Galvatron and now Sixshot.

9. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    That what I think too, but the writing started to suggest the link may be little to no. At one time, Hunter started to say "we", then changed it to "I". However, I'm guessing we'll get a little more insight to this in All Hail Megatron. Yay!

10. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    My guess is that Jhiaxus and Nemesis Prime are gathering the strongest Cybertronians to use in the endgame to ensure their victory. Of course their victory may already be assured since they have had millions of years to plan for this but a little caution never hurts.

Also Jhiaxus hunch was odd at first but now that I think about it, I think they want him to be Igor to the mad scientist, Nemesis Prime. Except in this case Igor is also a mad scientist.

My guess for the change from "we" to "I" is because they believe they are now one and the same. They are both, in essence, Sunstreaker and Hunter O'Nion.

Also does anyone else get the odd feeling that "O'Nion" is a nod to "O" from Marvel comics?

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i dug this comic...and i dig this series...its kinda like reading invincible by robert kirkman, theres a ton of stuff happening at all times, and some plots take longer to finish. however kirman does a way better job at tying everything up....but still, this is a good read, and i need to get the trades and sit down and reread everything again....and i cant wait for more!!!

yeah, gotta love the space choo choo...

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I want to know what happen next right now!

Another great issue, but too much unresolved. I want to know if Ironhide will be okay!

Go Hot Rod! No one gets left behind, not even Sunstreaker! Can't wait to see how this part with my favorite Autobot plays out in All Hail Megatron. Who wants to bet Sideswipe disobeys orders to go find his brother? I so want a Sideswipe spotlight right now. So that would give us - Hot Rod, the Dinobots, and the Twins against the Decepticon Army. Nice! The 'Cons won't know what hit them. :) 

Screamer firing Megs - awesome! And Space Choo Choo hits the mark about R & R.

I'm wanting to go back and reread everything too, I feel like I'm forgetting some important developments from a while back that will play into the next story arc. Heck, I can't even remember how bad a shape Ironhide and Wheeljack are in from the last issue. That's the one problem with monthlies. Ah well, just gives me an excuse to enjoy them again.

13. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed it! :D  It had action, some tie-together of previous Spotlights, and the decimation of those stupid harbingers of doomstruction etcetera etcetera by my boy Galvatron.

Jhiaxus made me twitch, but eh. He looks -so- different, it doesn't bother me anymore. G2 Jhiaxus and IDW Jhiaxus are simply now just as different characters as IDW Galvatron is to every other iteration.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have enjoyed the Deathbringer G1 Creation Matrix-finder homage, and Galvatron infusing him with unlife.

Damn, Galvatron and the Decepticons saved the earth! Prime's a dick!

Jhiaxus looks creepy, like he'd be into trannies. Figures.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Damn this book sounds good...very sub-plotty like DW's G1. Too bad the freakin trade doesn't come out till late May...

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hey guys I forget who's who; where does nova prime fit in all this?

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Nova Prime is in charge of Jhiaxus and Galvatron, and also the Combaticons. He has custody of Thunderwing, Monstructor and now Sixshot. His hoarding is why late G1 toys on eBay are so expensive. :lol 

18. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Nova prime aka Nemesis Prime was the prime before Sentenel. He apparently left cybertron to go exploring or something. Now he's apparently evil.

19. rerunwatson99

rerunwatson99 Well-Known Member

so nova and nemesis are the same.....where can i find that information?
    its that i don't believe you, i wanna go back and read it for myself and piece together story lines....cuz there's a bunch. and who stole thunderwing from which spotlight????
    good devastation arc!
    all hail megatron is gonna be the shiznit!
    and i know we saw a glimpse of grimlock.....but where's shockwave?....wasn't he buried with the dyno bots too?
    i bet thats what the all hail megatron thingy is! maybe

and i believe this the next arc, arcee is coming in to add havoc and chaos to the decepticons too.
    i couldn't help but wonder why the reapers were so powerful!....and that they could have ruined everything.....thats interesting too

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Rerun, pick up the Galvatron and Optimus Prime Spotlights. Prime also saw Nemesis/Nova in Escalation when he downloaded into his trailer to play possum while Megatron was decorating the tundra with Prime's innards.