Devastation #1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Sunstorm9119, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Fixate... exactly what I was doing... Though you might want to get the names right. If you want to debate anything, it helps to not muddle the details.

And if you're looking at comics for boobs, that's FTL.

2. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

Oh, you think they're one dimensional physically, not character-wise. I get it.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got to admit, while the IDWverse started out slow, I'm REALLY enjoying the smaller cast that's NOT composed of nothing but 84-85 bots. Nightbeat, Hardhead and Hot Rod are refreshing additions to the cast. THANK YOU, SIMON! Now don't go killing them!

Chris

4. crobe26

crobe26 Member

Perhaps he "mainly" uses the cruiser mode for interstellar travel. IIRC correctly when he was summoned at the end of Escalation, he was flying in his cruiser mode. Also when he set course for the planet in his spolight (the name escapes me at the moment), I believe he was in cruiser mode as well.

5. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I'm really loving the attention Furman is giving to other TF characters. Hardhead is sorely underused. It seems he's already upgraded to a new earth body as well. Judging from the wheels on his hand, I'm guessing he might transform into a wheeled IFV.

Also, with Hound's squad coming to earth, his G2 TF squad members like Skram should be making appearances as well. As much as I'm lovin' the Attention these G2 characters are getting, I hope they don't end up as mere cannon fodder.

6. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

The cruiser mode would have better maneuverability than the gun mode. Which is why I said he probably used it since he did not feel he needed it.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so thats what it was. thought his intro kinda abrupt actually.

excellent start to the story arc. cant see the slow burn haters dissing this one, 1st issue ending with a big cliffhanger. things i loved:

- how the baddie stooges conspired in secrecy. so thats why they tolerate starscream; hes the only one with the nerve to mouth off against megs.
    -...um yeah, thats it. ill think of more stuff later.

8. Optimus

Fixed. :D 

Of course, his mouthing off against Megs doesn't always end well, for him anyway.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Best issue I've read that was TF related in a while.

A couple of things to note from me:

1. Sixshot was, is, and forever will be the most badass mofo of them all.
    2. Ravage saying "ARRROOO?" Panthers howl like wolves?
    3. In the preview for Devastation #2, is that Doubledealer we see on the monitor talking to Hot Rod?
    4. Ratbat is awesome. First a wheeling and dealing senator in Megatron Origins and now he makes an appearance here. Someone must like him a lot on the team. :lol 
    5. EJ Su is very very talented. His designs simply make sense.

10. Spartan Prime

News Credits:
    2. I know, I guess his form has always been a bit animalistically androgynous.
    3. Yes! Praise Primus, I was wonrdering when we'd get more of him!

11. Optimus

Hell, I thought he was a dog for YEARS until I got back into Transformers again in middle school! (Oh god that was ten years ago, man am I old :lol )

3. I TOTALLY didn't realize that was Doubledealer until I red your post. I was wondering who that was.

5. AMEN! I must have been one of the few people that didn't criticize the Gundam feet during Infiltration.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I liked the part where the other Decepticons convened and talked about how scared they were about Megatron bringing about Sixshot. Starscream is awesome, and its great how Furman is setting up his return. Seems like the other cons will stand by him. I have a feeling Sixshot will get out of control, Starscream will let Sixshot and Megs critically damage each other, and then he enters the fray to disable both and usurp leadership of the cons with the backing of the core cons in the series. Sure he got, well, mauled in Infiltration, but he is smart.

*BTW I think it would be funny if the autobot 6changer was introduced, only to be utterly destroyed by Sixshot, to show off his immense power. Did anyone like the autobot 6 changer?*

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    No. Quickswitch is six modes of fail.

I liked everything about this. I like how both Prime and Megatron slammed their fists together at the same time.

I did not like canine Ravage though. Panther > Black Dog.
    Oh well, EJ's designs have been fantastic up until now.

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i actually kinda thought its was contrived/cliche. not that im unfamiliar with the used of symmetry in visual storytelling, but something abt it felt hokey. the angle (straight front) prolly.

and lol and old schoolers confusing ravage for a dog. thats one of my fave jokes from wayback.

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, there's no way Misha and Kicker would have survived the Ark's crashing. Of course, this being a comic book, they will. Ratchet would cry if he lost his pets.

Dammit.

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope by the end of this arc Ratchet kicks Prowl's ass one way or another. Its a long time coming. I also agree with KA.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Ratchet might try, but Prowl would clean his clock. I'd LOVE to see an Autobot vs. Autobot fight and this looks like it could be coming. We might just as soon see it in Avengers/TF #4, but there's probably no room.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, if it were Marvel G1 Ratchet, Prowl would have been knocked down already. Ratchet beat Megatron THREE TIMES, all of which put him out of action for a good amount of time. How many times did Prime? Zip. A couple skirmishes in the first four issues, but after that, the only time he fought Megatron in G1 was a computer simulated battle...

So yeah, GO RATCHET! :D 

Chris

19. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    For once I would LOVE to see many characters die, robot or human. The tragic element is what made me like Robotech so much when I was a kid. Characters died left and right.

It would be nice to see that characters die just so the fans know that no one is safe from being offed.

20. Spartan Prime

News Credits:
    Look at the G1 toy "robot" mode and tell me it looks like a cat. It just doesn't look like it. Even in the cartoon it wasn't all that clear, with the rounded paws and elongated snout and all.