Determining value

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by derbyhat7, Sep 24, 2011.

1. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I noticed a G1 Grimlock on ebay but one of the tabs are broken. I am would like to know how to appraise g1 toys. How does a broken tab or any other broken/missing pieces effect its value? Is there some sort of guide listed somewhere, Ive searched the threads here but maybe Im not using the right key words. Does a broken tab for an original g1 tf drastically reduce value, even if the entire figure is inexcellent condition?

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

As far as I am concerned, any damage at all renders the figure utterly worthless. Why buy a broken one if there are unbroken ones also available? Unless you are skilled at toy repairs and have the replacement parts, I just don't see the point.

3. alternator77

alternator77 Well-Known Member

the problem with original figures like grimlock is that if even one part is broken/missing or slightly damaged it can be near impossible to get replacement parts.if you do buy it and want to repair it youll have to get back out there and hunt for another as hes seldom pieced out like bigger figures(omega supreme etc). my advise is to keep looking or if you want make a minimum offer and see what happens.
    figures out of package tend to be worth much less and any sign of damage can significantly reduce its value.good luck though

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    As far as I'm concerned, broken tabs reduce the price on ANY G1 figure to $5 or less. Unless he has some accessories that can be hard to find or pricey, then he's only worth that price. For example, if a Headmaster head is worth $40, then a broken toy with that head is worth $40. The same broken toy without the head is worth $2 maybe.