determine interest Drift/DOtM Sentinal Prime Weapons

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Forgotten_Prime, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Forgotten_Prime

Forgotten_Prime Till All Are One

Shapeways | Designs by Benjdude

(Quote:
    I am currently trying to determine if there is enough interest in my models to warrant spending time on them. So you have an idea of the timeline for availability I am currently awaiting models from Shapeways which will confirm both quality and sizing of all these models, so barring any problems at least the Drift Collection will be up for sale in a couple of weeks. Possibly the Sentinel Prime sword as well but I need to judge fit between the two parts.

Ok here are the details. This first shot is of the Drift Collection. There are two large swords pictured to show the symbols on either side. From top to bottom they read: "Forgive" (Decepticon graffiti), "Vengeance" (Decepticon), "Penance" (Autobot glyphs), "Forget" (Decepticon). These swords are exactly the same scale as the originals but will obviously not be made from the soft rubbery material of the originals. The two smaller swords have no moving parts so they will not fit into the figure in vehicle mode. The large sword will be in one color (the yellow is for contrast).
    Drift Swords

These next three shots are of the remodeled DOtM Sentinal Prime sword. I always felt that the sword was too small for the figure so I scaled it up quite a bit as you can see. The sword on the bottom is an exact size match for the original sword. My goal was to make all of my changes to the model while still keeping the design intent of the original sword. I changed all the geometry of the 'windows' on either side of the handle which will give the option of being able to use either of them for handles. You can appreciate the options this will give the figure. Obviously the parts will come in a single color, the red is added only for contrast.
    remodeled DOtM Sentinal Prime sword 1

This pic demonstrates the functionality of the sword to separate into two parts (dual-axe style), each of which can be held with the addition of the two new handles.
    remodeled DOtM Sentinal Prime sword 2

This last picture demonstrates the sword's ability to collapse into this third configuration (reverse style), again making use of the new handles. You may notice that these last two pics have a chunkier set of extra handles. This is the current model as the previous handles has poor fit.
    remodeled DOtM Sentinal Prime sword 3)

Maid Buy Benjdude On Shapeways.

Please Help me to make his custom Weapons available buy asking about them.
    Or even asking to wont to buy them.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

The Drift Swords are interesting, especially with the Cybertronian glyphs on them. Will the smaller swords be collapsable like the original ones?

3. edabang

edabang Well-Known Member

I would be interested in a set of the Drift swords. You should also do a set without the Cybertronian on the short swords and instead some chevrons similar to the shattered glass version of Drift. I would also be in for a set like that.
    Edabang

4. lugNUTS92

lugNUTS92 Wrecker

Those swords look really good, how could I get in on that action? Also how much would they cost?

5. Chevytron951

Chevytron951 Well-Known Member

awesome swords for sentinel may i ask if there is anyway to add cybertronian symbols to it :) 

6. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

Custom Swords

Hey guys, I thought I should weigh in here. Thanks to Forgotten_Prime I am moving a bit ahead of schedule. As he relayed in the initial post the smaller drift swords are solid and will not fold. This was intentional as the original plan was to print them in stainless steel. (Still working out the kinks on that one btw). I actually just received my prints from Shapeways a couple days ago and can report that the Drift collection fits perfectly. All the grips for the SP sword work great as well and the collapsing mechanism works but might be able to be improved upon. Expect pricing info in a couple days. I can put cybertronian symbols on the swords (or anything) but hunting down a serviceable font has been a challenge. If anyone can steer me to one I would be obliged. If anyone has any suggestions or requests for specific items I am always open to ideas. I would obviously rather spend my time on things that people would get enjoyment out of.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey bud, when you get physical copies of these, feel free to post a project thread in Customs. Until then, this thread is better suited for Creative GD :) 

8. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    The drift ones have my name on them. I'd say go forward with those