Deteriorating Glue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Edgewise, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I often don't open new TFs right away, but that is another thread...

ROTF Dirt Boss was one I haven't opened. But a few weeks ago I picked up the Beachcomber/Deadlift 2-pack on clearance. I don't want 2 of the mold, so I was planning to drop Dirt Boss in the toys for tots bin this winter. However last night when I was moving him to that pile, the bubble flopped off the card. The glue had deterioated, except for the bottom flap was still holding the bubble to the card.

Now I'm not sure what to do with it, since Toys for Tots wants new, unopened toys. Would it be passable if I used 1 staple on the top flap of the bubble to 're-seal' it and then donate it to toys for tots?

The "Double Your Action" figures I also plan to donate, though some of the bubbles are rather crushed. I could pop them out a bit, but not fully. Though I think they're okay to donate since fresh, minty bubbles are likely to end up at least a bit dinged in the toys for tots bins anyway.

2. LatinJEM777

LatinJEM777 TFW's Premier Shredder

I think it's fine. I think the point is that Toys for Tots just doesn't want old, beat-up toys. You could wrap the side edges with packing tape (kind of like what Takara does with Henkei deluxes) and maybe a thin bead of clear glue smashed flat between the bubble and card on the front.

I also agree that a dinged bubble is perfectly fine, those things must get dinged, especially when you have donors tossing in boxes on top of bubble cards.

3. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Oh, ya, just re-glue it.... my brain must not be working to well yet this morning.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Glue it or use some clear double-sided tape (which I find works great for resealing as it doesn't 'cloud' the bubble plastic like some plastic glues can do). I imagine that would be fine. It's not like you'll have dropped a razor blade into the bubble before you resealed it.