Minor/Repaint: Detailing Payload

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Napjr, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like this mold and i had to make some touchups to bring out all the details

First of all, i looked for reference pics of the real vehicle (according to TF Wiki, a Bulldog II Armored Truck), and painted different details, like the door handles with silver, the back windows with black, and give him a few rear lights. The front bumper was painted black similar to the real truck. The gray plastic was repainted with silver paint, although barely noticeable thanks to the lighting
    Like Dropkick i decided to leave the truck mode without any visible damage, just like the movie and CG models
    For robot mode, i started painting different details with silver, red and gold, specially gears and cables, mainly the chest and abdomen. Later i gave him a black wash to give that worn out scheme and finally some touchups with silver
    the abdomen piece and bumper were glued into place, for the known problem with the mold

More pics ready for the whole gallery at Radicons :) 
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/radicons-customs/Transformers-Movie/Payload-Detailed/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Props for your research man! :thumb 

You've done well with this guy and I really like everything you've done to him. Great job :thumb 

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    sweet! Payload just doesn't get nearly the love he deserves. I love the mold. If people'd just snap the head piece on all the way, there'd never be an issue with the guy. Good job :) 

4. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Sweetness

5. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah thats really true

Its possible to make a bendable bar for the claw gimmick, although obviously you would be able to do it anymore (or at least not with the spring mechanism), but im too lazy to try it :p