Minor/Repaint: Detailed Voyager Movie Prime + Reprolabels

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Napjr, May 3, 2008.

1. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When i got my Voyager Prime last yea, i gave him several paint touches, but with different paints and some wrong colors...

Either way, last week i got a loose sample, missing several pieces, but just enough to repair mine and the same day got the reprolabels upgrade set :) 

I studied several reference pics, mainly the design sketches (from wich the figure got most of its detail), as well many of the finished cab used for the film

First of all, i repainted all of the silver parts, to get a shiny look. Since the rest of the plastic was pretty much spot on, i didnt made major changes (other to the flat bed, that needed to be black)

Several details were painted with silver, gold, red & blue, like i said based on the design sketches and final 3D model. The head mainly got more silver detail on the antennae missing from the retail figure. Door Handles and similar details were painted silver like the real cab

Once, all the painting was done, i started to apply the labels, some needed to be cut once applied (those with panel lines below), and other slightly trimmed, but overall, didnt needed major changes. I also painted the roof lights to light blue

Finally, the shoulder panels are painted blue, but dont have flame detail yet, since i dont know how to make em and dont look bad. I might need to buy another reprolabel set and make some changes to any of the red flames or something

Attached Files:

2. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

looks awsome!!! i would have done the door seams with black rather than silver but looks great either way

3. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    They are silver on the real truck. Very nice repaint I'm painting the finishing wash on my premium Prime as we speak.

iDD