detailed reasons why TF supreme size toys are awful & don't want WFC Supreme toys.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

SUPREME Sized TF toys have more of a track record of being awful than being awesome.

they have more of a track record of being meant for toddlers as the gigantic christmas gift.

If anyone has bothered to notice most supreme sized TF toys get released around late july/early august. which is around when stores start over ordering for christmas buying season. hasbro doesn't release them sooner because they know parents want something big & smplified for their toddler at christmas time.

In any TF fan bothered to think & look back here's what you'll find.

BM Supreme cheetor.

BM/RID Supreme optimus Primal.

Armada/energon Unicron

Energon omega supreme.

Cybertron Primus

cybertron Supreme sized starscream

SW Death star darth vader.

Animate supreme sized roll out optimus Prime.

ROTF Supreme devestator.

the best of the lot is unicron. with primus being 2nd best. all the others have simplified transformations. lowered sculpt. over sized toddler TF toys.

for the last 5 years. animated roll out supreme optimus,rotf supreme devestator & sw death star vader are clearly being targeted towards toddlers. why else would hasbro create simplier transformations,lower sculpt designs,kids friendly colors designs.

So based of all this do I want to see supreme sized WFC trypticon or WFC Supreme sized omega supreme toys. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The past TF supreme sized TF toy molds more than speak for themselves.

Leader sized TF toys from RID, AEC,animated & Live action TF movies. have a better track record of not being awful,having complicated transformations. higher sculpt/designs aimed at older kids/fans.collectors. the previous toys more than speak for themselves.

That's why I want the WFC trypticon & omega supreme City bots done as leader sized TF toys.

Here is a detailed look back list of leader sized TF toys:

both Rid optimus Prime & ultra magnus. even though they sold as super sized $29.99 toys. they'd average out to $40 leader sized toys in todays TF toy market. the toys were huge & each stand leader sized.

Armada Leader sized optimus prime.

Energon leader sized Galvatron/megatron

Energon leader sized optimus Prime.

cybertron leader sized megatron,optimus prime & metroplex

animated leader sized megatron,ultra magnus & bulkhead.

live action TF 2007 movie leader sized brawl,optimus prime & megatron

ROTF 2009 Leader sized optimus prime,jetfire & megatron.

ROTF 2010 Leader sized starscream & battle ops bumblebee that cost $10 more but still fits in with leader sized TF toys.

as anyone clearly sees above. the leaders sized toys have the most complicated Transformations out there. the level of detail & sculpt is being aimed at older kids/fans/adults. the colors are not toddler kid friendly. nothing about these leader toys screams there meant for toddlers to play with as there far too complicated & over detailed & scarry looking.

2. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

I might take issue with one or two points:

Despite being (mostly) an upsized Voyager, the very hugeness of this is a lot of fun.

Hopefully, toddlers are not in the "emo" scene enough to like the "colorful" black/gray vader. And I'd be surprised if they were dextrous enough to line up all those panels.

Are his Supermode Prime's limbs even as complex as the $100 Devastator pieces?

I must not be seein' somethin'.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I don't know about you, but I LOVED omega supreme and sentinel. They are big yes, and they are simple in execution. But they are CLEAN. They are pretty posable too. They don't fall apart when I drop them. And I loved Primus and Unicron too.

I believe they CAN do a good supreme if they tried. For both kids and us

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Simple doesn't always automatically mean they suck IMO. Unicron and Primus are still some of my favorite molds.

Omega Supreme and Starscream may be REALLY simple but I like them for what they are.

I just like a variety in my Collection and sometimes a gigantic 'bot on the shelf just plain looks cool. The simplicity doesn't really affect me at all.

5. collectthem

collectthem Banned

I really don't understand TF collectors. They ...as you said, are targeted more for KIDS!!! I don't see why they would be a problem for anybody,just don't buy it. You pass thousands of toys in the store that you don't buy or have any intrest in, why complain about the TFs you don't like.

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    This. Look at G1, how many simple figures did they have, that in turn were still awesome? I rest my case.

For the record, I do enjoy the ROTF Devastator. I think everyones hate towards it has more to do with the fact they didn't have their own bot modes.

How can it be assumed that if they were to make the WFC Supremes, that they would be horrible?

7. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Supreme figures continue. I've liked a few of them enough to buy. If one comes along I don't care about I can always, oh I don't know, not buy it . :) 

8. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Supreme class transformers are alot heavier than most, so if they fall, they can't have lots of little pieces that could break off. Because that would be against safety regulations. So in my opinion that's why the Supreme class toys are alot simpler and had alot more big bulky peices as opposed to alot of small plastic detailing. Which isn't a bad thing. Unicron is a very awesome Transformer, and Devastator is very cool too. The only hate on Devastator was the price tag. Once he was on clearance at Supreme Class Prices he sold like hotcakes.

9. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got no problem with supremes, but the dev and production cost for them must be crazy, and for less sales than deluxes. that why we dont seem them so often and they cant be as experimental with them. Pack in as much easy to produce selling points and hope they dont shelf warm.

10. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

That's a very nice opinion. I choose not to share it. Not sure how an opinion warrants a thread though.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every time Tigermegatron decides that he hates something, he posts a thread to harangue everyone else who doesn't hate it.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Implying that RID Air Attack Optimus Primal is a simplified toddler toy utterly invalidates your entire thread.

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "not toddler kid friendly" colours? Someone's going to have to point out to me where a specific colour is unfriendly to children.

14. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

The reason I don't like my namesake is most of it isn't that accurate to the movie model.

Supreme class figures are a tad heavy, so they less parts included with them.(I hope this made sense)

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Dude's gotta be trollin'.

16. Jimmy Drift

Jimmy Drift Well-Known Member

Agreed - just got 2010 Unicron (never had a version of the mold before), and i love him!

ROTF Devastator is also a favourite of mine, but i don't use him as Devastator - i repurposed him as Monstructor...

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

So many custom Devastators would be headless without Supreme Starscream.

18. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    Personally I like most of the supremes so far,

I LOVE my ROTF Supreme Devastator. I repainted and weathered him, and altered his transformation to have him stand on all fours. I knew ahead of time that I was gonna paint and modify him and I looked forward to the project, and alot of fun with it. And I absolutely ADORE how he looks on my shelf! It is a shame that the vehicles dont have individual robot modes, but oh well, in the end it really doesnt take away from my enjoyment of this figure as I wouldve displayed him in his combined mode anyways.

I also enjoy my Unicron and am looking foward to repainting him as soon as I find Gundam pens in central FL.

I enjoyed RID Air Attack Primal and dont think he was all that simple, or colorful really. He is a fun toy.

The only Supreme I really saw as kinda "kiddie-fied" was Animated Roll-Out Prime. So I checked out some reviews online which validated my reasons for not liking him, and I voted with my wallet by not buying him. But that's me personally. Many others DID like him and saw in that toy what I see in say my ROTF Devastator.

If WFC line were to have a Trypticon or OS, I would like to see them done in supreme size, I dont think they would look right any smaller.

Later

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I'm beginning to wonder if Tigermegatron even likes Transformers.

My relationship with HasTak is much the same relationship I have with my fiance. Sure, she doesn't do everything I want, and I don't feel she always makes the best decisions. But I love her for who she is and what she does do for me. I appreciate the effort she's put into building this relationship.

If I went and knocked her down for everything she did do because of minor little quibbles, well- we simply wouldn't be talking marriage now, would we.

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You don't get any "for fans, by fans" on the side? :lol 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.