Detailed photogallery of Mp3 Soundwave with Rumble and Frenzy...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by =RickyLee=, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    oooh i'm so glad he's pre-ordered!!!

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Well, it's a stretch, but you can hook him up with small portable speakers that I have seen come with portable cassette players that are sold for cheap in stores and flea markets. I connected my walkman cassete player to a pair of old computer speakers once, but the quality was not that good and I can't remember if the speakers were plugged in the power socket in the wall. And most importantly they were the old speakers I kept for god knows what reason and they themselves were busted if I remember correctly (I'm wondering why would I buy a new set if they were OK), so that might be the reason for that not so good sound quality I mentioned.

So you're best bet is to try to connect him to a pair of comp speakers and play the SW clips. Hope that helps, and please post when and if you try that. I'd really like to know you're impressions.

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a no-brainer for this guy to come along. Updating Soundwave in 2007 as an MP3 player just fits. His mold also looks really good- fitting for the classics line. The only thing is, as a TF collector I have a few issues with it. First, I don't need and MP3 player. Second, if I did need an MP3 player, I wouldn't us an expensive TF as one. So, I just want him to add to my collection becuase of the character and mold. That being said, the price tag is a bit too high, and I think the option to get it without the MP3 capabilities, although defeating some of the purpose, would be a great option. I would gladly pay $20-40 for him as just a figure. Anyone else feel that way?

EDIT: When I say "the price is too high", I mean it's too high for just getting a figure of that size and detail. You get what you pay for with the MP3 insides, and that's neat, but I don't want the figure enough to pay for the MP3 features.

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I have an iPod, and have yet to use iTunes store at all. I use the iTunes program, but for something that sorts my media and makes it easy to find everything, it's not bad at all. All my music is regular MP3s, none of the AAC crap.

5. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Agreed...

You GEE-WUN purists really need to find something else better to complain about, your sniveling quite frankly is just old, wasted and very very repetitive...

Watch the movie or don't

Buy the toys or don't

But the whining all the time just needs to stop.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got beat to it between typing and posting d'oh.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I realize I'm in a tiny minority here, but I think this thing looks terrible. It's a fairly uninspired sculpt in both modes, inferior IMO in looks to the original from nearly 25 years ago, it's tiny, as a generic MP3 player with no display/128k file limit/1 GB max SD limit it will be almost unusable and unlistenable, and it's insanely expensive at close to $100 to import (not counting the $20 or so you'll have to tack on to buy an SD card to make the MP3 player functional at all). Seriously, we're talking about the equivalent of a $15 or less generic MP3 player, the kind they put beside the checklanes at K-Mart, combined with a very flawed Transformer that seems to be smaller than the average $10 Deluxe. Really, really not seeing the excitement here. Sorry.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  8. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, but people have been wanting a G1 soundwave that is posable for a long time. Cybertron was great for those that like new alt forms and styles, but classics fever has gotten people wanting a 'real" Soundwave.

That said....I personaly won't be getting one. Just doesnt seem worth the price. Ideally, I would have preferred the same toy...with no MP3 palyer functionality at all.

But regardless...I can see why people would pay the price.

-D

9. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Woo hoo! My Soundwave is getting ready to ship from BBTS!

Thank you for ordering from BigBadToyStore.com!

Your preorder item(s) have arrived and we have processed your order. To view the status of your order please log-in to your BBTS Account.

Your order summary is listed below:

Product ID Description Sub Standard Collector Subtotal
    TAK10695 Music Label - Soundwave MP3 Player - Spark Blue 1 $94.99

Subtotal: $94.99

10. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Damn, that looks cool!

I agree with the calls for a matching Blaster, though - he could have Rewind and Eject headphones!

Gary

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sadly I cancelled my preorder for him, I just can't justify spending $100 oh him regardless of how awesome he is.

12. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    "$100 may be reasonable for an actual MP3 player, but is too much for a bad quality toy that plays MP3 with several limitations", says the review. I have to agree.

13. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I want one

14. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Whining about whiners FTL

15. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Actually itunes converts music into mpeg4 files not mp3. If you want to put music on soundwave you can't use itunes. You will have to convert the music to mp3 first.

16. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Same here, saw this thread and immediately opened BBTS and saw processing. I was like SWEET!!!!

17. newOrder

newOrder LowLife Republic

Instagram:
    Just got an email from bbts, that item has arrived.

18. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would have SOOOO much been a better idea than a different Soundwave repaint!

19. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That has about as much chance of happening as the chance of you people discontinuing the using of that farking Gee-WUN phrase...

20. ArmouredLlama

ArmouredLlama Active Member

hey bbts just emailed me saying it's time to pay up - that means he's shipping soon, right?

whoops - i reaaly should read to the end of the thread first. Nice going, Captain Obvious.