Destructicon

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by jerstallings, Feb 21, 2007.

1. rid

rid Well-Known Member

I am in a deal with him. It all started over a month ago. All was great. Communications, negotiations, etc. About 3 weeks ago, problems started. He claim he has personnal issues with family and all (I won't go into details here in case it's true). Like I said, problems started around the 1st-2nd week of Feb. If everybody's problem started around that time then he may be having real issues. But if problems started on different peroid of times then he may be taking us for a ride.

Basically, I paid him and 1 week later, the problems started and I still haven't got my toys. I am about to file a dispute with PayPal. Let's see where this leads.

2. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats the exact time frame as my deal. At this point, even if he is having personal issues, he's still ignoring us. He is ignoring our PMs and not responding to us at all. That in itself makes him a bad trader in my book.

Liokaiser, I will send you all the information that I have. Thanks.

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I can understand when people have personal issues with family. Shit we all do. But to come on the boards everyday and NOT communicate with you guys is uncool.

4. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

very uncool, stuff comes up all the time with me which might delay payment but the people i deal with know this as soon as i do and I always ask if they want to deal with another buyer... it doesnt happen often, but it does happen occasionally and i can honestly say that people from these boards are a hundred times more friendly and understanding than ebay or anywhere else. Sad that you had to hit one of the few bad ones, there is no reason if hes logged as signing on these boards daily that he cant throw you guys a PM it makes him look really bad.

5. rid

rid Well-Known Member

I've been monitoring his profile very closely. He has not been very active lately. For the last 2 weeks, he logs on every 3-4 days. It just happens that he logged on yesterday. He used to update his BST every other day. But he hasn't touched it since he claimed having personal issues. He has also been replying to my specific questions but not volunteer any information. Furthermore, he never came forward to indicate having issues. Instead, he made up stories until I confronted him and then claimed personal issues.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending him. Heck, he has my money. I'm merely trying to give an accurate portrait of his behaviour.

What I am doing is file a dispute to get my money back. If he resolves his personal issues and wishes to continue with the deal, he can send his items first and I will pay later. He knows I'm good for it. And I suggest you all do the same with him.

6. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a chance. He burned that bridge with me. If/when I get my money back, I will never deal with him again. He will go on my bad traders list.

7. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just received an e-mail from Paypal saying that I won my claim. They are now in the process of retreiving my money from him. I have PM'd Liokaiser with all the details of our failed transaction.

8. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Never mix personal with profession - if a seller's having personal issues/problems, that shouldn't affect his/her professional performance IMO.

If I get into argument with my wife, I'm still expected to go to my day job the next day and perform as usual. If there's a medical problem or a death in the family - it may delay an individual for a week or so but you should be back at it after that (or at least provide an update).

I had a personal loss in my immediate family about three years ago, and yes it was tough and it still hurts me to this day - but I still had to go to work after my 5 days of bereavement (as granted to me by my employer) and was expected to perform at my regular work capacity. As far as I'm concern, if you have time to visit the site you have time to send courtesy updates to your clients...

My 2 cents worth...

9. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, tell ya the truth he's using his father's laptop and usually takes to business trips and for some reason his stuff is locked up 'cause his step mom is a bitch. So it'll take awhile.

10. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Not an excuse, especially when he has been online.

11. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please!! You actually believe that garbage? First he told me someone died and he had to go out of town. Now there's this story about his step-mom locking up all his stuff. Smells like B.S. to me.

Like a few others have pointed out, no matter what his excuse his, there is no reason to ignore all the people you've taken money from.

12. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Okay, so ask him on this thread okay. if he responds great if not well I don't know what to think okay.

13. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

We were in the middle of a deal (he was buying from me) But he has personal issues. I ahve no reason to not believe his story. Unfortunatly I haven't been able to contact him as his inbox is full.

If he sees this he can PM me at any time. If not I will reoffer the item for sale.

14. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

Don't trust anyone.

15. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, you know I think that it started the same way as everyone was talking about. Anyway if Destructicon does read this thread, he should try to explain himself without making feel like a bad guy or something. I think that happen to me, but he pm me that he'll sent it asap, but now if he doesn't then I don't know what to say or do.

16. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

If you're seriousl,that's sad. If not, then check my feedback and you'll know I can be trusted 100% for anything and so can many others here. In fact, I've been ripped off far more on e-bay than on her. Hmmm...... On-line, you're only as good as your rep. and this guy appears to have damaged his beyond repair. Too bad...

17. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I think what Evil Ivotron is trying to say is that there always exists a 'potential' risk when dealing with any dealer, regardless of feedback. So to put 100% faith in a dealer can be considered somewhat naive - esp. considering that someone can drop from a heart attack or get killed in accident at any moment - even if a dealer is trustworthy and has the best intentions, there are still no guarantees in life.

The best thing to do is minimize your chances at getting screwed by checking the feedback and not committing to large transactions unless the dealer has a really, really, really good rep. If the dealer is fairly new, start off with small transactions (i.e. $10-$15 range) so that if you get screwed - it won't hurt you financially. And always use Paypal so that you can file a claim if you don't get your stuff - let Paypal do the work for you - that's why they charge us the bloody 3.5% fees.

I've been potentially 'ripped' off by three boardmembers here (I won't mention names 'cause I can't prove anything - for all I know my mailman steals from me, lol) but they were for very small amounts so it's not worth my time getting agitated - I just know not to use them again.

BTW: Evil Ivotron, trusts me... 'cause if I screwed with him, he knows where I live, lol...

18. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Well, what you say is true. I have indeed been jacked by people with stellar feedback, but only on the 'bay (so far). Like you said, you just gotta be careful and learn as you go. One thing you said bugged me, though: Paypal fees are only 2.9% plus $0.30 fixed and 1% of total on top of that for dealing with international folk (I'm U.S.-based). So, I am guessing Canadian fees suck more? Oh, and you could always rip him off and then run, I guess, seems to work for some people.

19. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    For guys who have dealt with him, but don't recognise the name, he used to be MegaShawn here. The name change is fairly recent.

20. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Word. Some members here are dealing without checking out feedback first? Why? Not to sure on that one. But I agree with Crobot91, deal in small amounts first.