Destroyer's Need To Be Fixed

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BooyakaDragon, Aug 24, 2012.

1. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I think we can all agree that the Destroyer is the worst Multiplayer class in FOC. They are almost impossible to be successful with. The guns are useless and they are TOO slow. The guns need to be pumped up, and they need to bring Warcry back.

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I average 10 plus kills and about 3 deaths with this class. He could use more ammo.

3. Silverbolt-X

Silverbolt-X Well-Known Member

Thing is with the Destroyer you need to be in close quarters due to his explosive weapons. Your not going to win a gun fight from medium long rang. Get up, close and personal and fire the the riot cannon with the faster fire rate at their feet then get some space and fire the rocket with the faster reload while jumping to avoid fire.

And fuck warcry and any ability that buffs your attack and defence. Getting one shotted by Leader when using Scientists WAS NOT FUN.

4. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    Wasn't there a video on how to beat Warcry leaders as a Scientist from WFC? Anyways, the Warcry would have to be balanced that's for sure. I actually find the Shield Barrier useless since Leaders have to be close ranged.

5. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't use the Destroyer much in the demo and i've only played with it a little bit in the full game, but I actually thought it wasn't too bad (maybe I was expecting it to be worse based on some complaints). Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses and if a player doesn't find success with all 4 classes maybe that's because they don't all fit the same play style. It doesn't mean it needs to be fixed (not saying that little tweaks here and there wouldn't be appropriate)

6. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Until you get Whirlwind'd and die.
    I tried Destroyer, was disappointed and moved on. Dreading when it comes to their turn to level up to 25.

Warcry was cheap. They don't need that, what they need is a better weapon.

7. Silverbolt-X

Silverbolt-X Well-Known Member

It's still useful close and long range. It more useful close range because you can shoot through it and still deal enough damage and it has upgrades that makes the enemy slower if they walk through it I think. All the Destroyer would need is a medium-long range sort of rifle, it can handle the other classes if your aim and timing is good enough. It just depends if the enemy likes and knows how to evade.

8. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    I have a 2.0 kill to Death ratio while using the destroyer, maybe you just don't know how to use the class right, it's all about splash damage

9. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

I have a 2.33 k/d ratio with the destroyer (I have over 400 kills but I don't know the exact number off the top of my head) and over 55% accuracy rating. You need to get up close, shoot only guaranteed shots and also utilize the barrier as much as possible. Best strategy I can possibly give.

10. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    I'll try that, thanks for help everyone.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    From the Destroyers I've fought against and alongside with, they seem to do really good. As Eman7673 has stated, this seems to be the strategy quite a few of them use.

12. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

SO much complaining. It's useless to post your problems here. Send your complaints to their feedback, it'll do you more good then to hear what we have to say on the forum's.

13. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I thought the modified Destroyer was actually really good. Just remember that you arent set up to fight at anything longer than mid-range. Aim for their feet, jump to avoid the splash damage and don't be afraid to pepper them with vehicle mode rockets if you need to.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Destroyer is fine

15. BooyakaDragon

News Credits:
    I'm glad this turned into a tips and tricks thread lol

16. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of complaints could probably be fixed by players just learning how to use each individual class. If they've been using one class and doing well, switching to another class might not give them the same results so the first reaction is to complain and call for a "fix". I'm willing to bet most of the time they just need to take time to learn how to use that class to it's strengths.

17. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

What, Destroyer's don't have Warcry anymore?

A shame. Hunting down and killing Warcry-users was one of my favourite high-risk high-reward passtimes on WfC.

18. SG17

SG17 PSN: SG-17

I find that the Destroyer's vehicle cannon is actually pretty powerful. I find it more useful than the Riot Cannon.

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    But there my best class?

20. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

Foc demo - YouTube

THIS is how you need to play as the destroyer. That's me going 25-4 in one match in the demo. See how I only take close to mid range guaranteed shots? I also love to melee as well.