Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mechafire, Nov 27, 2012.

1. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

While I don't agree with the way it's come about, being so forced, it's more interesting than the previous one. The lack of shotguns and Clever Dragon everywhere is refreshing, and there are a lot more viable primary weapons now. Of course sidearms being the most reliable special now is a bit silly, but I just hope it doesn't lead to them nerfing sidearms.

2. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

YouTube (Legacy):
    All in all I'm happy to see the Shotgun meta gone. I'm good with a Primary meta that's got a good pool of guns on par with each other.

I'd also like to retract my words about the HC changes. The initial accuracy buff makes up for the other changes I was concerned over. Had a ball on the Dreadnaught the other night with my Ace of Spades, bullets went where I aimed with very few "just left" or "just right" shots very few ghost bullets too.

I'd like to say I don't see Sidearms being nerfed but considering what happened to the Truth nothing would surprise me. Still can't wrap my head around that one. I didn't see one complaint about it nor did I die by it much at all. I know it's not completely useless but there's plenty of other RL's that are more effective now.

But back to sidearms if anything is done I think they should be effected the same as any other special or be reduced to 4 shots on re-spawn. Or change Special crates to every 30 to 45 seconds instead of 60 seconds to keep interest in other Specials. Then again maybe going back to the way ammo was before would be fine too. With the needed changes to Shotguns I don't think they'd be abused so badly now.

3. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The meta is in a weird spot.
    You have sidearms reigning supreme so now your primary needs to be a high range weapon like a Scout or maxed range HC.

My main beef is how Special Ammo is doled out. A lot of matches are resulting in both teams camping Special Ammo while passing Skorri's between each other.

4. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    havnt done any crucible yet, been putting it off trying to clear out some old quests, looks like im gonna be stuck with one for a while. the sparrow s class quest. soloing in a private match was of no help didnt think it would be that would be to easy. I managed to get a guy to help me and with the 2 of us in the race it still didnt count. oh well. got speed kills off the list, got to the abomination heist step of nova mortis, need 10 special materials for the exotic sword quest and the rest are old ones that require a raid so im kind stuck on those.

hit 400 light, got stuck on the premise of getting the necrocasim for some reason so I farmed to get the husk of the pit and third time was a charm. while in the forge last night though I saw a sunbreaker pop hammer of sol 3 times in one round and it seemed to last forever. Is that possible or was I witnessing foul play?

5. biscuits

The changes to shotguns still weren't good. They blanket nerfed everything because the Matador was too good, but doing that still makes the Matador the best. All they needed to do was change the high impact archetype so that they can't achieve both max range and impact, and instead allow the higher rate of fire with lower impact reach max range. That makes both options viable, and not just the one. The special ammo nerf is also a further nerf to snipers. Since they got their flinch increased a while back, only because of Trials, they really should have pulled that back a bit to coincide with the special changes.

The Truth nerf is just another example of bad balancing. It was most likely caused by Trials, much like the sniper nerfs, as the heavy round was basically just the Truth round. While that was needed for Trials, obviously it effects the rest of the game. Really hope they split the PvE and PvP balancing in the future, every update is PvP oriented and almost always negatively impacts the PvE content.

6. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Megatron31 With the new patch there's now a glitch for unlimited Hammers, Stormtrance, and Bladedancer. There a few videos on youtube for how it's done. I tried Bladedancer last night but had no luck, it's not very easy to do.

This glitch is why the weekly Crucible was changed from Combined Arms to Mayhem Clash. Anyway don't try the glitch in any open PvP match, you'll get reported and banned pretty quickly from what I hear. Be careful about it in PvE as well.

I agree biscuits PvE and PvP should be separate and should have been separate from the very start. I don't see them doing that for D1, being near its end. I'm just hoping it's done for D2 though.

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could care less about the meta, I just want to get up to 390 light.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also Destiny figures are happening!

[​IMG]

9. biscuits

Hm, they'll look nice in the pictures but if the Halo figures from McFarlane are anything to go by then they'll probably suck.

The Iron Gjallarhorn replica thing is kinda tempting however.

10. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    I never cared for Meta's either. I refused to do the M-64 and Clever Dragon combo period despite having good rolls on the two I have. When I do go into the Crucible I tend to go in with outside the Meta guns. Don't win every gun fight but I feel better about it.

Saw the video about the Iron Gjally replica, looks sweet.

Iron Banana should be starting later today. Hand Cannons and Sniper Rifles are on the serving dish so I might run a couple games for the Hand Cannon. If any of my PS4 compatriots want to run a few matches I'd definitely join, PvP is much more enjoyable on a fireteam rather than running solo.

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ^ I thought banner didnt start till next week? well should be fun either way. Ill probably get frustrated with it pretty quick this time though

12. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yep the site says from Feb 28th to Mar 06th, so bungie.net says at least. I guess it'll switch over from Mayhem Rumble to IB a little later in the day.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I got about 45 minutes of play in last Friday, so yay me!

The whole Titan bounties from the tower is new (to me, along with yet another box reward). Did the new strike, then did some Mayham. Forgot how much fun that could be, even if I was rusty as heck (and using PvE weapons). I had a fun hammer kill as a Titan Fist of Havoc came down and killed me as I threw the hammer, the hammer hit and killed another dude (Hunter or Warlock) at distance, my flames killed the Fist of Havoc Titan, and then a damaged Warlock ran into my flames and died, so I got a triple kill postmortem. :p 

14. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Well I had more fun than I thought, it was nice to not get shotgunned to death. I played 5 matches and bounced between mida montecarlo and suros auto rifle. Paired with trespasser party crasher and 77 wizards. Most fun I've had in a while. Final round we merciedthe other time and shad went nuts "fight forever guardian!"

15. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah it is nice to not die by Shotguns all the time, now it's Sidearms haha. At least they can be countered better. Anyway went into IB with a Striker Titan, my first time taking the subclass into the Crucible and man did I feel like a god. I've never gotten on that many 5x's ever it's so much easier to survive encounters than a Hunter. Heck I even run up to a Golden Gun and one punched him, usually being on the receiving end I kinda felt bad about it. Didn't do Shoulder Charge, it's fun a PvE but I hate dying by it so I chose against it and went for the extra Armor. Didn't do all that great capitalizing on Crests either, not for lack of trying or caring it's just with a Scout Rifle a majority of my engagements are at range and by the time I can get over to collect either another member gets it or the other side scraps it up. Got all 4 bounties done in one night and picked up a few HC's and one Sniper. Best roll of three HC's was one with 1: Smallbore or Hand-laid Stock. 2: Snapshot or the one that reduces Range and increases reload (can't remember name) and 3: Luck in the Chamber or Firefly.

Anyway Bungie's going to start doing Live Streams starting next week to announce basically Destiny's fair well event. They're calling it "Age of Triumph" and it'll close out D1 and I guess get us cracked for D2.

The Road Ahead > News | Bungie.net

March 8th will be the initial reveal. Screen-cap has a Minotaur standing in Front of the entrance to the Vault of Glass. Y3 VoG Raid very likely.

March 15th they will talk about the "Weekly Rituals" The same four Weekly event icons plus two new, one for PoE and another for Raids. Should be interesting.

And March 22nd they'll do one for Sandbox Changes.

Judging by the "End of March" mentioned in the post I would guess this final event will start on the 28th.

Looking forward to seeing more.

They also dropped a few tid bits about Destiny 2, weapons, armor and subclass abilities, ect wont transfer over. We all start fresh in D2, however for D1 characters that reach LV20 and complete up to the Black Garden mission. Their appearance like Species, Gender, facial features and colors will transfer over, just given a clean slate.

16. biscuits

I don't understand why so many people are upset about their gear not carrying over to Destiny 2, it seemed so obvious that all our stuff wasn't going to come with us.

The new gear looked sweet, I'm assuming that it's new VoG loot which I can definitely get behind. Kinda weird as well, the leg looks like a Vex leg.

Funny to think that we should have a full Destiny 2 reveal in about 3 months.

17. Megatron31

Ebay:
    I did the opposite I ran my warlock for the first time....He isn't even fully maxed out for his subclass nodes yet but at 389 thanks to all the time I devoted to my striker I've plenty of 400 gear to part with. He would be a lot higher if I had a legendary artifact. Rocking a 280 with 395 being my lowest additional gear. I havnt even finished year one content with him haha. So really running IB with him is kind of a waste since I don't have access to felwinter I can't even visit efrideet.

On the transfer of character thing..... I don't quite get it why bother transferreing your character if none of the gear or power levels come with it? Im fine with starting over that's not a big deal but it seems kind of like a waste to transfer essentially just a face.

18. biscuits

I don't even remember what my Guardians look like under their helmets, so it means even less to me.

19. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind starting fresh but I am sad emblems probably won't be getting transferred. I have some good memories and stories tied to the emblems and it'll be sad to see them go.

I am curious what transferring will do. Wonder if our Guardian we'll be an NPC ala XenoVerse 2.

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, I can understand some who actually spent money (for some reason) to get special equipment, either through eververse boxes or whatever, same with emotes and the like to have them lost being upset.

I am annoyed, as the entire premise was that this was the FPS version of Warcraft and the other big MMO experiences with a "10 year plan", deliberate level capping and the like to suddenly find that we're going to be starting over from square 1 for (as yet) no established good reason. I'm not talking gear or whatnot, I'm talking player experience and character legacy. But whatever, I'm probably not going to go in on Destiny 2 anyway.

• Like Like x 1