Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mechafire, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

YouTube (Legacy):
    Same here, Clash and Control are better suited for IB, not that Supremacy is bad or anything, it's neat enough but yeah Crucible is still as unbalanced as ever.

Played last night and was not impressed in any way. From bad respawns to lag to ghost bullets to little loot it's shaping up to being exactly like very other IB. Played 15-17 matches and got 1 clock (nice enough) and 1 shotgun (awful rolls surprise, surprise) both at 341 3 light below what I was at the time 344. Last match no one got anything at all so I said F it on went to bed.

Pretty sure I ran across a full fledge cheater, instant shield re-gen between shots. He even stood in front of me while I drowned a full mag in his head then hand farted me across the field. Stormcaller Warlock, green bar, top score, didn't die once.

Lost more than won, thankfully not by my fault entirely. My K/D was around .040 (worst) to 1.5 (best) just couldn't capitalize on Crests. Got on one 5 kill streak of course after that everyone wanted a piece of me, taunting, T-bagging the usual dirt bag stuff. The lack of class is the main reason I hate PvP activities with a passion.

Did have one fun moment in all of it. On Anomaly at one of the tables both teams ended up on each side shooting it out like a old western. Everyone on my side died so I popped Golden gun and got 3 of the 6 before dying myself. First time I've ever gone 3 for 3 with it.

With snipers being nerfed just about any time someone used a super there was nothing but a trail of white feathers everywhere, mine included. I did challenge a few, died like a moron though.

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    I got killed going into my super so many times! Got super frustrated buy I got some great loot drops got 3 unbent trees, 2 shotguns 1 fusion rifle 2 pulse rifles and ghost. And a whole slew of armor pieces

3. Kidreaper

Kidreaper Reaper

Damn I guess my friend got really lucky. Got Treaspasser, Nemesis Star and Zhalo to drop in about two days...

Yeah IB was no fun. Got super frustrated whenever my team suddenly breaks away to go pick off players that have spawned by themselves across the map while I get hammered by four or five guys. What's worse is that it seams I always end up on these kinds of teams while the other team always seems to be much more coordinated. Talk about dumb. I don't know why I even bother to try and win. I mean I lure some players, shadow shot them all and my team feels like I got this and just up and runs away to pick off other players so I get smashed completely and waste my super. Why I avoid crucible.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    have all the new exotics minus the prime and the verse warlock helm.

Banner was perfect, it required you to play as a team, clash is boring and played out since N64 days, second favorite IB, Rift was my favorite, I vastly prefer the objective based games, control is ok at best since people don't know what those letters on their screen mean

5. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I rather enjoyed this IB simply because even the worst of players could do well since there wasn't a complicated strategy like "please hold only two points" to worry about. This led to much closer matches for me though I did win one by mercy.

Connection for the most part has been pretty good, it's a far cry from the shenanigans of Year 2.

The drops for IB were meh to me but Trials on the other hand... Adept Blind Perdition, Trespasser, and Nemesis Star. I think I hit my PvP stride once again.

6. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think i'll always prefer clash for IB simply because it's where I excel, but Supremacy was alright. Gotta be a team and that's a hard concept for randos.
    Still, been a good banner. Got 2 of of mine to level 5. Wish I'd have gotten the scout, but ended up with the pistol instead. we'll see how it does down the road.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I was able to play with my friend and we got the book task of doing the hard story missions done. While most of them that I got was infused right away into other weapons, I kept an Unbent Tree and Clever Dragon (along with a Proud Spire that I liked), but got a chance to actually use them to see if I liked them. I like the Unbent Tree, I understand why so many were using it during IB, so my Titan is keeping it as a gun for if there's some time when I can't use Bad Juju (Due to needing to use another exotic in another slot).

Clever Dragon was nice, but after transferring it and Paleocontact to my Warlock, I ended up infusing the dragon into his Zhalo Supercell, which along with an armor infusion, got him to 352 Light, within 1 of my Titan, which hasn't been that way for a long time.

8. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yikes this Banner was awful. . . Went 5 to 10 games at a time getting nothing at the end period all while watching the same players get gear and weapons after every match. I can't believe how many Ghost Shells everyone but me got. The one thing I wanted above all else. Guess R5 doesn't offer anything anymore aside from 500 Crucible rep, sucks. Thank god the bounties offered something yesh. This is the third time in a row I've watched this happen.

My brother got a full set of Titan Armor, sidearm, Shotguns, Sniper Rifle, Pulse Rifle, Fusion Rifle, the Auto Rifle, the Rocket Launcher, and the Ghost Shell not counting what he got with his Hunter. And he only had maybe 10 games on me, we both stated the same day. I don't get it, best or worse, I get very little to nothing, I don't taunt, T-bag or anything like that so I shouldn't be on any hate list.

9. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The fickle nature of the RNG. It sucks, but you should have at least gotten some good stuff from turning in the bounties.

10. TFchronos

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I know, it wouldn't be getting to me so much if that was normal for everyone. I didn't go in expecting to get something after every single match it's just when you see others getting stuff after every match it starts getting depressing.

I was able to complete the bounties thank the maker they offer something. My Hunter got a Fusion Rifle, Shotgun, Helmet and Chest. Titan got Pulse Rifle, and Helmet. Everything was 2 to 3 below what I was so that wasn't much of a win though. My light remained the same as when I went into it 347-9.

About the best thing that came out of this was completing all but 2 of the Crucible achievements in the book. Back to the normal grind. Might try a SIVA strike this week and see what all the hype is about.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Banner was easy mode level up. got up to 385 on all three characters, and up to 386 on one or two today

12. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Got my friends laggy ass through the raid, he only disconnected about 7 times and was teleporting around at least 50% of the time. Surprised he didn't disconnect on Aksis :p  Got all the monitors as well, now on the raid boss killing part of the quest. Not sure if I'll grind it this week or just get it on my run next week. Got all the normal mode raid drops as well, the Helmet, Chest and Auto dropped on that last run so that's pretty sweet. Just about ready for hard mode next week.

13. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    So jealous hopefully I can pay for Gold tomorrow so can get back into it.

14. Megatron31

Ebay:
    i havn't played since last friday been to busy sadly. Maybe I will have some time this weekend

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm going to be pet sitting for family this weekend, so I'll have their (significantly) better internet and free time to play, so I should be on a bit more for those who meet up with me. I'll be trying to get some strikes and archon forge out of the way, but I'll be game for almost anything.

16. Megatron31

Ebay:
    If I see you on I'll message you, im thinking about trying a nightfall, but I may run a few more heroic strikes to see if I can get to 370 first currently at 367

17. biscuits

Trials is on Twighlight Gap this weekend...can't say I like it. Not really sure how to play on it.

18. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    If you're a Warlock who wants those sweet new exotic gauntlets, Xur's selling gauntlet engrams.

19. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ^ I noticed that to bad I havnt played all week and I have no strange coins

20. biscuits

Bought more engrams than I should have, still no new Warlock Ganutlets...when down from 300+ coins to 90 as well...

Finally got Flawless in Trials tonight, that's 3 ornaments saved up now. Got the Adept Scout Rifle this time around so just the Hand Cannon to go. Armour is still giving me meh drops, I got a decent chest for Gunslinger though. Although the chest dropped for me twice today and once last week :/