Despicable seller -- selling KOs as the real thing

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Might Gaine, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Don't buy from this guy--he's a scammer:

http://stores.ebay.com/YC-collectibles

Blindmouse on the Allspark just reported being scammed by him. He basically only sells 3 things:
    1) KO sticker sheets
    2) Loose KOs for 1.5 ~ 3 times what they should be going for
    3) KO parts
    And NONE of these are labels as KOs.

What a horrible person. He even goes so far as to cut out the tech specs and robot points for the KO Bumblebee to make it look more like a vintage one.

2. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
  3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    yeah, I wish this jackass would get more publicity for selling KO's. Look at his feedback - 1000's of people getting conned and most will probably never know until they decide to cash in their collection and the right buyer notices the KO's.

This chump used to have the carded G1 BBs, Ratbats, etc but at some point realized it's easier to fool people without the error-laden packaging. When I first noticed his listings over a year ago, I asked him about his parts and he said all of them are genuine G1. Complete BS.

Maybe we should get a sticky started of sellers like this. That guy selling KO Fort Max instructions is right in there too.

Of course reporting him to eBay is impossible.

4. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    yeah no one has that many G1 ratbats, I get about 1 off those every couple of months if I am lucky in lots, theres no way you could consistently sell 20 a month!!!

I bought a grimlock and sludge sword of the dude and as soon as I took them out of the packet they felt flimsy and very bendy nothing like an original, I also got a fort max stickersheet but that was okay as mine was bare so needed stickers repro or other.

I love the way ebay dont take this kind of shit in hand and sort it out, its being an accessory to counterfeting at worst which last time I looked was a crime, if you actively participate in an activity with the knowledge you are furthering or assisting criminal activity then you are breaking the law.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

This is what I hate. It's because of ay-holes like this chump that people are against KOs in general.

We should constitute an ebay watch of somekind, have ebay officials put it on front page and advertise it as much as posible so that noob collectors can ask us if auction description is legit or not.

6. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    It's the KO maker's fault too. They are trying to make the toy look as much like the original as possible. They could remove the Copyright info on it or something to give collectors a clue, but they choose not to. This guy lies on purpose, but other people are going to be selling KOs as the real thing simply because there's no way to tell the difference for some KOs! In the coming years it will become impossible to sort the KOs from the real things. Sigh.

7. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    Is this true for any sealed examples of current KO's? I thought all packaging so far has had at least a few errors. I assume this true of loose figures too.

On this note, has there been any word from e3nine or age3andup regarding updates to www.kotransformers.com ? With a site like that it would be great if it became well known to both veteran and new collectors, especially beyond online forums.

Also, perhaps an eBay guide may help eBayers realize KO's exist and who is selling them. I've encountered eBayers who were completely unaware KO's exist, or even what "KO" means. In a fit of immense school procrastination, I wrote a guide but it's currently not fit to publish yet on eBay, and may never be (I gots other things I'm busy with).

8. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

when that site and e3nine's collection of errors first appeared I was trying to keep it on the d/l. the whole reason the prime KO came in a "fixed" box is because "shi yu" and "in jin technology" responded to widespread complaints about the gray border not being accurate, they are TRYING to make perfect KOs and if the fans keep helping them out they will get there faster.

and its interesting to note that chinese fan are not supporting these clone KOs. in this sticky on actoys they give a bunch of reasons why these exact reproduction things are EVIL, lol. number 5 talks about how they are selling for a lot more than what they are worth:

http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid=221032

9. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    I was thinking more the loose toys being indistinguishable. Some like Mirage have obvious tells, but I have not heard of any way to tell apart most of the others loose.

As for the packaging, as Jason said they have changed the packaging of early KOs so that they are closer to the original. Now Frenzy/Laserbeak no longer has the weird typos on the back. Optimus no longer has the flap crease, and some no longer have the gray border as well. So we are slowing progressing toward knockoffs that are indistinguishable when MIB/MISB as well.

10. Mega-Zarak

Mega-Zarak Well-Known Member

This seller has almost a perfect feedback. I'ts amazing that more than 3000 buyers haven't realized that the're buying KO stuff. I'll be happy if this guy goes down.

11. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

yeah, i really think they are going to get the packaging right soon, scary. im planning on vacationing in china in about 3 months and am going to try and tour "in jin technology" under the 'guise of being a design intern there, several companies are recruiting students from my college to intern in china with lucrative round-trip plane tickets and housing arrangements.

im actually all for the new colored clone KOs, oh man, imagine all black dinobots or ones with gold chrome...drooooollllll.

but i feel the same as the eloquent actoys stickie against exact clones....it's just too hard for casual or new fans to know they are buying fakes and opens up too many opportunities for people to get ripped off.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    BUt technicly they should be able to top a KO if the toy is opend and you inspect it. They cant use the real stamp ? Or can they ? I mean if I were hasbro president I would be furious if a KO company used my trademars as well as takara-tommy.

13. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    They use the real stamp, which you are right, is trademarked. Even if they didn't use the trademarks, it would still be copyright infringement. (Copyright is what protects the design of the toy, which they copy exactly.) I guess they figure if they're going to infringe copyright, they might as well infringe trademark as well...

14. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    I feel the exact same way. Let us know how you the trip to In Jin goes.

15. RoboticPlanet

News Credits:
    I'm not a law expert, but the real stamp is one of many trademark infractions KO's possess and any of them alone could be cited as infringement. Hasbro/Takara-Tomy don't appear to care so much about any of this KO business either. eBay has the VERO system in place for trademark owners to take a first hand in stopping sales of counterfeit product sales. Neither company is stepping up to bat.

16. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    Yep, trademarks infringed:
    "Transformers"
    "Hasbro"
    "Takara"
    "Autobot"
    "Decepticon"
    "More than meets the eye"
    And probably most of the Transformers' names
    And maybe the group names like "Dinobots" as well

You're totally right about Hasbro and Takara not doing anything about the KOs. It's sad that either (a) they haven't noticed the KOs, or (b) they don't care about them.

17. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Made a lil guide on ebay hopefully to deter at least 1 person in the world of these scandalous sellers. Maybe to come here and post a thread about legitimacy.
    Im sure theres other guides as well.

Guide

18. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    this is why I do not support KO's

19. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd imagine they do care but pretend not to because of all the stuff they've said about what will/won't be reissued. As soon as they do something that could give false hope about something being reissued... Anyone reading this can fill in what the fandom would do and all that other fun stuff.

20. RoboticPlanet

News Credits: