Desperate and using eBay again. Need Grappel.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by taterx, May 3, 2011.

1. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

:crazy: 
    Was sweating Windcharger so bought a case of scouts from OTFCC to get him.
    2 days later paid 32 for Wreck-Gar shipped. Today 33 for Warpath.
    Now I'm eyeballing Solar Storm Grappels for just under $60 shipped, is there any hope of finding that on a shelf or do I have to bite the eBay bullet again?

I was watching HTS and OTFCC while @ work the last few weeks via my iPhone and never saw any of those guys in stock, starting to get tiered of the futile search:banghead: 

2. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    if your going to spend that kinda of money on grappel, i would get the UNited version for that price

3. taterx

I hear you daelite20, but I kind of dig the black head.

4. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Have you scoured the Junkion Exchange? I sold mine for $20-25 bucks (i can't remember exactly), but maybe there's some more reasonable deals to be had here.

5. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you can always alcohol clean it back to black. heh.

6. taterx

SSR I'm not that dedicated,lol. Ya know what? Funk it, I am going to get that united version, the added silver detail on the side in crane mode and the Autobot logo on the belly have convinced me to go for it. Besides that, daelite was right it's $62 shipped @ TF Source so same as eBay really.

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gosh, is that what new release figures are going for? This might be the end of my classics collecting days if normal stuff is already going for those prices. 30 dollars for Wreck Gar? I brought that figure at Target for 9.99

8. taterx

Chris I wish that was my luck, I never and dare I say Eeeeevah saw any Wreck-Gar or Warpath or proof that they were in my area. I'm lucky I found Perceptor and Wheeljack
    on 2 HTS while they were listed for some odd 20 seconds here and there. Good news is I'm back on the bench for a while as the DOTM stuff moves in and my plastic crack monkey climbs off of my back.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    If someone takes the 2 Deep Dives off my hands i can order another case.

10. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

It's people like you that breed scalping. If you were just more patient you'd find these at retail or at the least HTS. Eventually these figures will hit retail in force, just like every other wave. Why would you pay $32 for wreck-gar when HTS has had him multiple times and bigbadtoystore has or at least had him for $17 for the longest time. Not to mention all the other toy stores online that had him for $19.99.

Also, Warpath can been had for $45 or so with Thundercracker and Wheeljack from BBTS. I really don't understand the thinking of some of you.

11. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ It's because it's hard for some to think about going through the trouble to try to sell off a spare Thundercracker and Wheeljack. Plus, online retailers such as HTS can't confirm that they're going to get him back in stock. And not everyone can spam on HTS all day.

Where collecting is concerned, want obliterates common sense. Don't be too harsh.

12. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thats why i dont buy off ebay.. there prices are stupid. $30 for a deluxe...ill just do without.

13. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    While it is true that people who pay these prices are the reason scalpers exist it is their money to spend. Personally I wouldn't pay those prices but that's me (although I did pay high prices for most of the Energon combiner limbs years ago). It's just always going to be part of the hobby.

Now as far as RTS Legends, Scouts, and Voyagers (and in some areas Deluxes) hitting mass retail, at this point it is a dream. With 13 days until the 16th and the Official Movie takeover it's just not going to happen unless Hasbro either repacks them or slip a few cases in instead of Movie figures. That probably won't happen and if it does the retails will raise hell about it. Generations may still hit retail though.

14. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grapple and the rest of the RTS figures will NOT hit retail in force. All retailers are clearancing everything and only ordering DOTM. He's not perpetuating scalping, he just wants the figures he wants. And unfortunatley he has to pay some crappy prices to get them. No need to be pissed at the guy. Generations are a different story. That line is continuing, so finding Warpath or Wheeljack may be easier down the road.

Taterx, I got my Grapple from a board member in the UK for $40. Try hitting up a UK or Canadian member of the boards.

15. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    You could also order the set of 3 wave 1 figures for $75 before shipping from BBTS if you don't have Lugnut (to me a must have) and Strafe. Other than that I would do what Orio said and ask someone from Canada or the UK.

16. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to agree that these waves are kind of running out. I would bet on ebay prices only going up in the future. Maybe a year or two from now they will level out, possibly even less time. But if you see one for within 40-50 dollars shipped, thats a pretty good deal. I wouldn't bet on finding them pegwarming anytime soon, just my opinion though.

17. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have a Grappel for sale in my sell thread. Check it out, and feel free to make me an offer.

18. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

For that kind of money, you could buy a TF United Grapple @ tfsource. :) 

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    just got mine for under $40 on these boards, don't give up, just be patient.

20. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What he says is true although he could have put it nicer. The Warpath price is okay though as even BBTS and others have to charge $25 for it. $60 for grapple is wow but he's only been spottingly available at HTS. I just unloaded two for $25 each. But I'm a nice guy. And I'm out now so no PM's please.

$9.99? All the Target near me charge $12 for a deluxe. I had to go to four Walmarts today to find one on clearance at $7. Wonder how much I paid in gas. . .