Designs for constructicons....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by the man, Mar 4, 2009.

1. the man

the man I iz a Roadbuster fan

Hi people... I was looking at the pics of the constucticons he have seen so far (3 out of 7) I beleive and i was think about two of them... spisificly professor doom wheels (or whatever Vangelus calls him) and the tread wipps guy and saw that they have some very huminoid looking designs... what kinds of other non-huminoid designs do you think/hope they will use for the movie...or do you not care because they already ruined devastator

Underlined and bolded that question...

oopss... Ment NON-HUMANOID...just got back from school...

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    How exactly are a two-wheeled bot and a four-legged bot humanoid?

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Long Haul has a humanoid robot mode.

4. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I think you mean Non-humanoid designs. Humanoid means something with the physical characteristics of a human. I.E. two arms and two legs and stands upright.

As for do I want to see more non-humanoid designs? Yes, I like to see character designs get mixed up a bit.
    And speaking of mix, I think the cement truck will turn into a robot on top of a tricycle, with the mixing drum being the front wheel....Really...I think that's what he's going to be...ok probably not...

5. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Long Haul is the only humanoid one of the three we've seen so far, I wish all the others would be like him in that respect. The other two strike me as a bit gimmicky especially the wheeled one, and he is so big interaction (orders, responses, various other dialogue etc) with his team is going to be very hard to portray. The Bulldozer one might work better onscreen though. But yes, I hope the other 4 Constructicons are bulky, humanoid designs like Long Haul.

6. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

I'm with Baird on this one, there are entirely too many TFs with wheels for feet, which may look cool onscreen but (IMHO) will suck toywise (how the hell are the Arcee bikes gonna stand up on their own?).

Humanoid is ok, but forgive me while I get a little Darwin on you. Basically, its been predicted that similar worlds evolutions will follow similar routes (look at Star Trek for example), but Scientists all agree that the chances of this are small, and its more likely to be Insect-like life forms - and I don't mean Beast Wars.

Hmmmm, look at the early Fallen designs (the one with him on top of a 'step pyramid'-like structure)... see where I'm coming from?

What're other peoples thoughts?

Sorry, didn't get a lotta sleep last night, and I'm on my 3rd Redbull...

7. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

its hard to choose. if the other 3 have humanoid designs youll have two odd formers. but if you dont then you just have that one humanoid one.
    i wouldve made them ALL odd looking saved humanoid designs for the other Deceptoids. do we know that Rampage (bulldozer) has crablegs and not just those two skinny legs? his RH toy has a base, he wouldnt have one if he had 4 legs to balance on.

8. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I'd like to see a character with reverse-jointed legs (something like the PD 29 from Robocop) or possibly even one that hovers. I think there's some potential with the latter.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd really like one that got REAL SHORT legs and giant lanky arms, more than Devastator.

He would go around "walking" with his hands, using only the feet to stand while he's attacking.

Also the hovering robot ninja mentioned, could be Mixmaster with the whole TURBINE thing.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

You know, I could be all for that idea. That could actually be kind of badass.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    My ideas:

Mixmaster: Hovers using turbine thing (okay, fine, I stole that from ^^)
    Hightower: Uses his treads as legs/feet.
    Scrapper: Bot mode has four legs, but not centaur/crablike as Rampage is.

12. Goldbot

Goldbot Deceptibot-predimal

I agree, it would be helpful while they combine since he forms the head.

Also, as Ninja mentioned, reverse-jointed legs. (Like those aliens from the movie The Arrival, Haha.)

13. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Good point. Very good point.
    Come on Bay, do it!

14. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After Demolishor came out I was thinking Vehicons style bots. Demolishor was like Thrust and the other like, Scavenger, Tankor, Blastcharge, Strika and maybe add a flier, Jetstorm.

But then Long Haul and Rampage came out. Rampage had a beast style bot so I don't mind if one other had one.