Design/Personality Traits that you feel Bayformers charecters lacked or didn't like.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    While many dislike and despised the aesthetic of Bayformers, I found at the time in 2006/2007 to be a fresh and bold new take but that being said their were some designs I didn't like...hell hated.

STARSCREAM!

[​IMG]

When I look at Starscream I think of a slick, chraming and evil gentleman. Bayformer Starscream is a dorito with chicken legs. Though in this case that's not what bugs me. It's the head.

I'm sorry but the head never once screamed Starscream. It looks like it would benefit Waspinator more (then again Possession) but I can't accept it because of this...

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1177281250_thundercracker2.jpg

Seriousily they were able to make a more G1 Inspired Headscuplt for the later Thundercrakcer and Skywarp and the Target G1 Deco. Why exactly couldn't they have used that headscuplt it looked great and still references past incarnations with that head instead of Bayformers Waspinator.

But wait it gets worse what sucked more was the charecter itself. Yes he like the G1 Sunbow charecter but it's all the bad traits of G1 Starscream's personality no one liked. (cowardice, whiny and pathetic minus the treachery.) We've never seen him try to kill Ol' Megatron on any occassion though some believe Starscream hid amongst the other F-22's attacking Megatron in the '07 movie (but that's theory not fact) or even belittle Megatron when he falling apart and becoming Sentinel's b*tch.

However Bayformer Starscream' crowining moment of suck is in DOTM. His death, the fact puny wittle fleshling Sam Witwicky kills him will his deus ex power glove and spends two minutes flaling around stupid trying to get the gloves grappling hook of his face till rips his face apart. What's worse of all. They cut out the part in the novellization where he got to kill Dino. Bayformer Starscream is officially now in my opinion the worst Bayformer charecter in design, personality, charecter and execution.

But I will say. Starscream as a F-22 Raptor is pretty awesome.

2. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I actually like all the Movieverse designs... Yes, all of them...

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I didn't like the Starscream design one little bit. To really kill it for me they even made it so he could not smirk and a Starscream that can't smirk just isn't Starscream.

I really liked the design of Optimus though since it did such a wonderful job of blending old and new into something that is instantly recognizable but also brand new at the same time. Not too crazy about the flames on the alt mode, but at least on Prime's bot mode I don't notice the flame paint job. I thought Shockwave was fun in that same way. Old elements to get a nice nostalgia rush but lots of new to take advantage of elements that only work in a live action setting.

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Bayverse Starscream is really my least favorite incarnation of the character. I don't really feel he started to have a developed character until the very end, and by then it was too late.

And having him die at Sam's hands - well, that's like having him voiced by Will Smith.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Starscream as a sniveling weakling (for the record, the Sunbow G1 cartoon got it wrong, too, so anyone trying to use it to justify Screamer's live-action portrayal can shut the hell up).

Optimus as a brutal, one-liner spouting face-taker.

Bumblebee as an emotionally immature wonder warrior.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

That's why I stuck to the designs because the personalities were not appealing to me. Just seems like when it came to personality I could always find a better version of the character somewhere else.

7. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I kinda wish that the 2nd and 3rd movies focused on the TFs a little more considering how much they tied into their heritage. But I think what I would like to see in a reboot are Don Fig's "movie-style" faces from IDW's ongoing.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    You mean those utterly terrible, expressionless, exactly-the-same-on-everybody-no-matter-who-they-are not-even-close-to-matching-the-movie-style-faces?

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Starscream's design is great and I really love the Leader class figure of it. It's a great bit of work for a shape-changing robot jet. But that design as Starscream I'm not fond.
    Totally disconnected from Transformers characters I actually quite like all the designs.
    At least ILM would only have to build one face model. :p 

10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I really don't have any complaints on the Bayformers. I suppose the only ones whose design I disliked were Mudflap and Skids; their heads kinda just freaked me the hell out.

But honestly, I just really like them overall.

11. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Thank you. I despised how they made Starscream looked too. I always imgine him as a sly backstabber who wanted control of the Decepticons, but he looked like a dodo with Down's syndrome. I mean seriously, did they even try to make him even remotely like any Starscream or did they just throw random shapes to form a head and body and put bird legs on it?! I mean, come on!

I was also not too fond of the face design for Ratchet (even though you really didn't look at it too much). I just found it odd and a little too much like an old man which did not fit his general personality (or little of it you saw).

12. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

My design gripe was damn near everything had blades! Really?!

13. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    This

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't like Starscream's head in the first movie, but ROTF and DOTM somehow made it look better.

15. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I think the only designs I wasn't too fond of were Skids, Mudflap, and Long Haul.

Skids and Mudflap were just ugly.

I found Long Haul very generic looking for a Decepticon.

16. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

I thought starscream has always been a fleeing coward? Anyway I liked the bayverse. I think the best background design was Devcon.

17. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    I actually liked Starscream's portrayal. Charlie Adler did a pretty good job, and the design grew on me. It just sucks he never got a chance to do some proper back-stabbing.

No, Shockwave was the shit character. He said about two words, and neither of them was logic. He was a non-character. Bitching design though.

18. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Dude not everything needs to be G1. I loved starscrrams new design. His design is based on his characteristics of flight. His legs are kinda chicken like so he can jump real easy so he can use his jetpack and her in the air. I mean his design is pretty fuck** cool

19. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The movies were never meant to be a direct port from G1. I'll admit that I hated Starscream's design too at first blush but I eventually warmed up to it and even fell in love with the designers' aesthetic choices for the character (the samurai helmet/head sculpt, his overall badass beefiness, his weaponry, his legs makes sense for an aerial robot rather than a ground-based one, etc.).

Besides, Leader/MP Movie Starscream is one of the best TF toys to have come out in recent memory, and is easily in the top ten favorite figures in my collection (I'll never sell my MP-M01 Starscream). ROTF and DOTM addressed some of the folks saying Starscream wasn't very G1-y in personality, so they made him more of a sneaky suck-up coward as a result. Screams Starscream to me. Overall I enjoyed the movie aesthetic (the writing could still use some work but that's another topic entirely).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, you can pry this guy from my cold dead fingers before you can have him. XD

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet needed his classic colors. WTF Lime green thing

Oh and I wish Shockwave had fancy light up screen chest

• Like Like x 1