Design Help

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LadyIronhide, Jul 6, 2009.

1. LadyIronhide

LadyIronhide Autobot Mistress

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section. x_^ I'm looking for some ideas on how to design two tattoos: one being the Autobots symbol and the other being the Decepticons symbol. I want them to mix into one full tattoo. Anyone have any ideas? BTW, I'm designing this for myself so keep in mind I have a female body...although I'm more muscular than majority of my male counterparts. :p 

Also, I'm trying to work on bot drawings. Anyone have any good reference books to recommend?

Thanks!!

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  3. LadyIronhide

Thanks Nevermore. They're simple but I can probably whip something up with them. x_^ Gratzi.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The classic Marvel Transformers 77 showed a joint Autobot / Decepticon logo on the cover:

[​IMG]

I thought that you might want both the traditional logos, though:

[​IMG]

5. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    suggestions? yeah don't.

theres nothing more tragic looking than a trasformers tattoo....sorry people but its true.

but if you must.

- once you have your design put it away safely for a year then come back to it and see if you still like it enough to have it done. Remenber you will have this thing for life. Even if you have it removed you will most likey still have scaring.

- do your research into tattooists. there are a lot of tattooists out there and most of them are bloody awful. its 'usually' a good sign if they've had a feature in a big name tattoo mag, but again make sure they can hadle your style of tattoo. Most tattoo artists and parlors have at least one 'inhouse style' and they can vary wildly for artist to artist. go and visit them and check out thier portfolio...if its all flash art catalogues, walk away. Any good tattoo artist will have a decent portfolio of client photos where you can see the quality of thier work.

- be prepared to pay/travel. Don't go for a tattooist just because they're cheap and/or local. for the most part it'll mean they're shit. For a decent tattoo it will cost you for a good artist, you'll have it for life so its worth that little bit extra

Good quality - [​IMG]

Bad quality - [​IMG]

oh and finally....never ever get the name of a 'loved one' tattooed on you. its just asking for trouble

6. LadyIronhide

Thanks everyone for your ideas. And caitlin, don't worry about the tatts. I have five already and all of them have been carefully chosen. I spend roughly a year on each tatt. The transformer tatts have been on my mind for about five years now. x_^