Design aesthetics for a reboot and recycling character models

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OP84, Feb 19, 2012.

1. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

If there was a "hard-reboot" of the films, what kind of aesthetic would you like to see (G1, Movie, or any thing in-between like Prime) and would you like to see some character models recycled or given a modified look (ex. Swapping Ironhide's color scheme and head design for a more G1-esque look but keeping everything else). One thing that I think might be interesting is if they used the face designs that Don Figueroa used at the beginning of IDW's ongoing series.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_t6NKClKSdOQ/Swmq2eNtzuI/AAAAAAAAEW8/XE2UJxJvq48/s1600/TFs+1.jpg

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Do you know about the edit button?

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Definitely something like IDW's renditions of the characters. I'm tired of the alien, skeletal "piles of vehicle parts" robot looks that the movie stuff packs.

4. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

I would like that they keep the aesthetic, but change the characters to something more recognizable to their G1 selves. Like how Optimus and Shockwave were recognizable yet keeps the aesthetic.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    EJ Su's designs would kick ass.

I respect Don and all, but I still think the less said of his recent Movie-verse inspired artwork, the better.

6. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Nick Roche style. I'd like designs that ooz character and that are very expressive.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't want something that is exactly like G1 because part of going with live action is all the little things to update a character to look good in live action. Like how Iron Man's armor was changed to take advantage of the detailing you can get in live action over a comic book or cartoon.

Like War for Cybertron, Transformers Animated, or Transformers Prime I'd like to be able to instantly be able to tell who the robots are without some other character having to tell me who it is.

I also agree with more expressive faces because the fun of some characters like Starscream is the look on their face when things go wrong.