Desert camo ruination quality question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bignick1693, Jul 25, 2012.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I know the g1 bruticus mold has some bad versions like the encore. Just wondering if the, universe desert camo version has some problems because I'm thinking i might buy one since it the cheapest version of the mold that I can find that I like the look of.

2. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

The one I have is decent, some joints were a bit loose right out of the box compared to some of Bruts limbs I picked up off an Ebay lot. However, he is the only complete one I own. The worst was Onslaught and future fixed all of them right up. For the right price go for it.

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Hmm, my Encore Bruticus has no problems, so why do I keep hearing it is bad lately...The Encore Devastator had a lot more issues that Bruticus iirc.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Really? My Devastator rocked :) . The Encore version of Devastator was almost spot on to the original. A few tweaks here and there but it was an overall great product.

As for Ruination, I never owned the desert version but my old RID set was pretty cool out of the box. No complains! However, i'd suggest springing for the Arctic version! Way better :) 

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Sorry, but your Encore Bruticus has problems whether you're aware of them or not. Starting with the desert camo Ruination release, the figure started to suffer heavy mold degradation that just got worse with every version, and a lot of the sharp detail was lost. This is most easily observed on Onslaught's hands, and the softened sculpted lines on Vortex's vehicle mode.

Aside from some loose parts that can be tightened, there's no major non-cosmetic issues with any of the releases as far as I'm aware of.

6. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I have this version...*shrug* ...it's true. :cool: 

7. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Oh sure whatever you say.... Don't assert anything, have you physically tested every set, of course not. If I say I have no problems with my set I mean it. There is no loose parts or anything. End of that discussion. Who the heck do you think you are?

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Desert Ruination was starting to show mould degradation, but nothing serious. It became far more noticeable on the Encore release.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    1) Calm down.

2) When Encore Bruticus was released there were numerous reports indicating that the mold has degraded and not just the softened details that Valkysas mentioned. In fact using our friend Google I came across a TFW news posting for this very issue from 2009:

Mold Issues for Takara-Tomy Encore 16 Bruticus - Transformers News - TFW2005

10. Outsider4Life

Outsider4Life Where R all the RI fans?

this is very true. Anyone who has both the original G1 Bruticus and the Encore Bruticus can easily see the mold degradation. It may not be noticeable to some, but when compared next to each other it's obvious.

11. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Ye, I seen those pics and I see that HIS set has got issues, but believe it or not my set is smooth in most areas. I checked mine way back when I bought mine and was pleasantly surprised at how mine was. My onslaught legs are much more smother than in those pics from the link. Of course it's not perfect, but even some new moulds have minor blemishes here n there and I can deal with them.

12. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just sold my desert ruination, It was like brand new, and all the joints were perfect except onslaughts shoulders, and I did the future thing as well and it was perfect.

13. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    I just a transformers fan and therefore love my brits. I have g1, g2, rid and camo and enjoy them all. Of course g1 is my favorite because I'm a kid of the 80s.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Mold degradation is, as the term indicates, an issue with the molds the toys are made from. Which makes it impossible for a toy that comes from a degraded mold to come out without flaws. As I said, your bruticus has problems even if you aren't aware of them. While yours may not be floppy, there is going to be softened detail that used to be sharp. Molded lines have actually damn near vanished on vortex, as I mentioned. There is no way that your Brutius doesnt have that issue, because the mold used to make it has that issue. Encore Bruticus doesn't look BAD, just not as good as the originals, and the softer detail is such a non-issue to a lot of people (like you, apparently), that they don't even realize their figure has it.

I don't need to test every set. when the mold degrades and starts messing up detail, then it's impossible for a flawless toy to come out of it.

As an example, let's look at some other degraded molds. G1 Jazz and Prowl. Prowl's mold didn't degrade that much, but it did leave his facial detail looking softer in all his reissues than the original (this is similar to how Bruticus is) Jazz degraded horribly. His face was basically ruined by degradation (go look, seriously) and his first reissue release barely even fit together right in either mode. His mold was restored for his hasbro reissue, which made him solid in both modes once again, but his face wasn't fixed until it was time for the stepper/ricochet reissue. Every last reissue prowl has softer face detail, every TF Collection reissue Jazz is a mess, to varying degrees. This is how molds work. Issues with the molds effect everything that comes out of them.