Derrick J. Wyatt's April fools joke...or is it?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Orbital, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Living in Japan can have its advantages, but seeing this show isn't one of them. I haven't seen any of it fortunately/unfortunately--is it any good?

For those in the situation I'm in, this can be quite difficult as we don't know what you (those who've seen it) have come to expect, but even so, I want to give this game a go :)  Huffer gets my vote only because he reminds me of Mario in Transformer form.

Transformed

2. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Very awesome and vangelus should totally be the main human character for season 4.

3. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Not only did Wyatt confirm Grandus as real in a TFCC interview, he also mentioned that the big guy has a speaking part.

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I, personally, love the show. I don't care to much for the asethetic the chose this time around, but that is not enough to ruin the appeal of this show. It is very enjoyable, and has brought a helluva lot of different series characters together.

So far, IMO, Beast Wars and Animated are the top transformers series out there.

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SPOILERS, but
    Grandus's head also appeared in "Five Servos on Doom", it is the second head next to Star Upper

So I'd say that these guys will be seeing Animated release:

-Rodimus (maybe not in vehicle mode, that's why Wyatt said 'some' won't appear)
    -Sky Garry (see above) - he doesn't have to turn into a plane, just like Highbrow is not a helicopter anymore
    -Grandus (see spoilers) - most likely just as a background character
    -Vangelus (really, that guy's reviews are hilarious. I guess he earned his place) - most likely as a cameo, same as Spike and Carly were.
    -Purple Shockwave - think about it. Now that his cover is blown, there is no further need to maintain his Longarm identity (I doubt he will even change it Longarm anymore).

Who Won't appear:

-Huffer and Pipes: They are simply, too 'goofy' looking. I know, Mixmaster ain't realistic either with the buttcrack, but check - so far no TFs have been shown as wearing (or looking like they are wearing) such obvious clothes as these with the hold-up pants. They were, most likely, drawn for this very pic as april fool jokes.

-Botanica: While I like the design, it is totally unlikely. Her alt mode would be hard to explain, and she is too... organic-looking to be even shown as a background character.

-Tapout : We know Hubcap will appear instead from OFTCC (would someone who read the inside and not just the cover, comment?)

-Zaur: Wyatt recently showcased him as part of his collection, most likely drawn as a pencil practice, but very unlikely to appear.

-Slapper: Though he has a new head, he and Spittor are so alike in appearance and personality too that I find it very hard to imagine. Unless, Spittor gets a toy. In that case, I can totally see Hasbro going down this road...

-Flip-Out: We know from OFTCC that Rosetta will appear... so she won't appear - that's the joke... :) 

-Sunwhatever - I never even heard of this guy before, but that's obviously a recolored Animated Laserbeak, and totally unlikely to appear. I wonder though, whether we will ever see Animated Buzzsaw...

6. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sigh.. as long as I don't have to listen to the Milk Daddy voice

7. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Flip-Sides and Rosanna, you mean? :) 

But that'd be the best part! XD

8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, yeah. :)  Those.

How a TF can get a name like "Rosanna" is still distrupting my logic circuits.

I have so little interest in KISS Players that I never heard of most of the recolored casettes. What is the story behind those, anyway?

9. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    This is truly one of the BEST TF cartoons and toylines since g1 and Beast Wars....I HIGHLY reccommend that you take the time to check it out. If you can't get the cartoon on TV where you live, then try to check out the episodes online.

This cartoon has some of the best writing and animation from a TF cartoon series. The writers and animators are all TF fans and it shows in the product that they put out there. The shows have great plotlines with humor and G1-inspired innuendo and animation hidden in almost every episode.

If you have the chance then PLEASE check it out!! You WILL NOT be disappointed!!

10. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    omfg i totally forgot that vangelus was milk daddy lmfao

11. RonimusPrime

RonimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm thinking Rodimus (Duh!), Shockwave, and Botanica. Think about it, Botanica would be a great character to play in the resolution of Blackarachnia's plot!

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Geez... I don't even like TFA and I think that's a wicked picture.

Would love to see that Sky Garry in toy form.

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    So would I. Heck what are the chances we can see Zaur. :D 

14. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wyatt confirmed on Twitter that
    that's actually Heavy Load (of RiD fame). Which makes sense, as his tech specs noted he was a martial artist.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool. Love the shout out to the Vangelus.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Angelwave and Grimlockautobot,

Beast Wars is my all time favorite, especially the second season. Beast Machines ruined things for me and I haven't seen transformers since. Knowing the writers are fans themselves, is good to hear. I think I'll give it a go--need to go to amazon.com and see if they have box sets up...

Transformed

17. StarFox

StarFox Member

who is the guy that looks like spittor????

18. Jarmen123

Jarmen123 Ministry of Silly Walks

Shockwave looks sweet.

I notice no changes with the site

19. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This does bring me to an interesting statement - I was showing Vangelus over AIM the images of Hubcap and Rosanna that Gauge0001 of DeviantART made vectors for, and he responded to me like "whoa, KISS play reference"

This made me think - TFA has become the 'universe' of fandom and homages. Back in the past we might get a redeco that is supposed to be made in honor of some past character. Then with Classics we got a bunch of G1 reinventions, which then lead to a couple of Beast Wars ones, and even an Armada one. But Animated has gone beyond this and has almost included something from each major series. Not only that, but has homaged obscure things such as Dai Atlas and Spittor, more modern characters like Hot Shot (who himself homages Armada, Energon AND Cybertron), a subtle use of the GoBots' Rock Lords in TransWarped, and even the live action movie. One notable homage I noticed in regards to the movie (though Derrick Wyatt told me it might've been coincidental) is in Autoboot Camp; Longarm helps Bumblebee when he loses his legs, and in the movie Mikaela uses a tow truck to help Bumblebee after he loses his legs, and that tow truck was made into a toy called Longarm.

But uh... Bottom line, I just want to say, despite people thinking the heavy homages are annoying, I really think Animated has done a great job in making it memorable. So many things have been made in honor of other things, it's easy to find something you like. :)  And I think that... I have no idea how to finish this speech. Uh. Yeah, Vangelus, woo!

20. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe most of them do?
    We know Rodimus Prime and (True Colors) Shockwave will appear right?
    My guess of the others:
    Grandus: Looks very plausible..
    Botanica: She could be the new head of Cybertron communications?
    Zaur: Dinobot`s new pet?
    Sundor: Works with Rodimus and betrays him? The colors work?
    Flip-Sides: Soundwave returns and Flip-Sides is one of his new minions?