Depticon GroundBridge

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by 2ndSndWve, Aug 10, 2011.

1. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    Why do the cons have a groundbridge in ep 21?

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    They've had a groun bridge since at least Shadowzone, though it took me by surprise that they even had one, since I thought since it was Ratchet's invention he was the only one who knew how to create it.

3. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    He never mentioned he invented it, just that the one in their base was built by him.

OP: Ground bridge was in Shadowzone.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, Ratchet makes it sound like it's his invention, and the 'Cons almost never use it, instead just flying or driving everywhere. It really seems like a "because the plot demands it" invention.

5. frost_fenix

frost_fenix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet told the kids back since Darkness Rising that the Ground Bridge is a scaled-down version of the Space Bridge. The only special thing that he was able to build it from scrap.

6. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    Did kinda come outta nowhere :p  though it does explain how guys like Knockout, Breakdown, and Eradicon cars can get aboard without having to land the Nemesis every time!

7. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    This is why I don't mind its introduction. While not an outright plot hole that would still be a pretty glaring flaw. If there was no bridge they would either have to risk transporting the Nemesis near a battle zone or make them drive ridiculous distances.

I think the intention was that he was bragging that he managed to make it with our limited Earth tech.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah Ratchet was bragging about how he did it with basically nothing (as Makeshift would say, that's quite a feat of engineering)

But ultimately it's just a down sized and less powerful Spacebridge. It would be retarded if they didn't have one and even dumber for people to think they shouldn't have one.

9. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious from the way the characters have talked about it in the show that a Groundbridge is just a Spacebridge with limited range, and that Ratchet built it from scratch.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Knockout is a damn good mechanic.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

This.

12. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of the whole groundbridge thing. But I don't necessarily mind it, it doesn't take away anything from the series.

13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I like to think that Makeshift sent the plans to Soundwave while the Autobots still thought he was Wheeljack and before he went boom...and then Knockout built it...

In reality the writters just pulled it out of their asses but I don't mind...

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I have to admit this part does seem likely.

However as I said I don't mind because we'd have bigger plot holes to worry about if it didn't exist.

15. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also thought it was odd. Ratchet made it seem like it was something completely new. Its a completely different version of Space Bridge technology. Space Bridges require tons of energon and there needs to be another Space Bridge to teleport to. This one is not only more energon efficient, but doesn't require a receiving Space Bridge.

The fact that such a device has never been mentioned in any other form of media, despite each of the series being on par with the same technology, makes it seem like its a completely new thing. The only thing even similar to this is ROTF Jetfire's Space Bridge.

There's also the fact that the Decepticon's ground bridge came from nowhere. It would've been good if any of the Decepticons had some kind of comment about it.

16. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    To the kids he was talking to it was (specially since they didn't know what a space bridge was either). But when he spoke about it to Makeshift it was pretty much "so you made a bridge with scraps eh? niiice". Ratchet himself said it it's just a smaller space bridge. Not that he invented it, nothing like that. Only "it's a smaller version of space bridge since we don't have resources to build one for space travel" (which means that as usual fans are trying to find problems where there's none)

By the way who said they need a receiving space bridge for the bigger ones? No such thing was mentioned and I doubt the zombies knew how to turn one on if they did.

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Actually I've been wandering the same thing sense Shadow Zone. Ratchet stated that he had to build the scaled down Space Bridge AKA the Ground Bridge because he was reduced to using Earth's technology and couldn't produce enough power for a Space Bridge.

That being said the Decepticons actually DO have that kind of power sense their base is actually a Decepticon space ship and not an abandoned missile silo.

Though that being said the Decepticons already have a major tactical advantage here so why are they even bothering with these little plot devices? Though on the other hand the Autobots have been inside their ship multiple times and gotten back out with little confrontation while the Decepticons still have no means of finding the Autobot's base. Wow, I just realized, Decepticons are stupid as hell.

18. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    It's better to secure a weapon than let your enemy have it. I mean just look at the immobilizer, that weapon is super sweet, everybody should want it and most improtantly everybody should make sure their enemy doesn't get one. Plus you said it yourself. Decepticons have advantage in numbers and equipment and still can't defeat the Autobots, it's not by letting Autobots get weapons of their own that they're going to win either.

I'd also like to point out that the two times the Autobots invaded the Nemesis it was Starscream's fault. "Strive to run a tight ship" my left butt cheek. :lol :

19. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I think they need to change the color on the ground bridges, especially after Shadowzone.

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    It's possible that in Out of His Head Megatron downloaded a schematic for the Ground Bridge in Out of his Head before he left the base for the Nemesis.

Hmm. I knew Ratchet had a bragging tone of voice when he claimed he made it. I had assumed that the Eradicons or Megatron had gotten the Ground Bridge schematics or something, but I get what you all are saying. It wasn't Ratchet's invention, it's just that he was able to make it out of "primitive" Earth tech.