Depression

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Mar 15, 2009.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So a-lot of TFW users have been posting a thread about syndromes and what not so How many users suffer from depression. I know I do :D  yay

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I suffered from depression for awhile, I think I even posted a few whoa is me threads here back in the day. Took me awhile to get over it, but getting the boss that drove me to it FIRED helped a lot. I also found out it was partially caused by lack of sleep as I had an overnight job back then. Apparently sleep deprivation is as bad as alcohol impairment. Which looking back explains a lot. Also working 12hrs at the job didn't help either. I'm quite happy now though. I never want to feel that bad ever again. So if you are feeling depressed know with enough time it does get better.

3. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have sleeping problems since 1998. I refused to accept the fact I've been depressed since 1998, until it got really bad the past year. Thoughts of suicide, days (weeks) without taking a shower, isolation, unable to work.

Now I'm having weekly therapy sessions, monthly psychiatric sessions and daily medication. I still have to get my sleep monitored to see what can be done about it.

All I can say is wasn't for my family support, I'd be already dead by now.

4. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

my girlfriend of 8 years left me and our two kids high and dry. that sucked for 100 reasons! but that was two years ago and i did indeed get over it. however some people need more then time. alot of people dont really understand that they are depressed, and some people dont want to think they need drugs to help them, and thats a shame.

5. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I guess I do. It was pretty bad at certain parts of last year & the last quarter of 2007. Not so much right now.

6. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I think I was depressed a few months ago. I've gotten over it since then, however.

7. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

I suffer from fits of depression here and there.
    it's really only from my catastrophic way of thinking though.
    Like if I were to lose a job, I'd think I was this collosal fuckup and I'm a failure in people's eyes because of it. I tend to dwell on stuff like that when I shouldn't.

8. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am, my life has just been hell from like the start of '07. There are some days I just feel like dying. (in a non-suicidle way, don't worry)

9. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I went through depression in High School. It got to the point where I could literally not imagine tomorrow.

Prozac helped me get to the point where I'm happy to say I can live without it.

10. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I have chronic depression. It doesn't make me a shut in or not bathe but, it does make me an angry guy. When I am off my meds I truly hate the world and everyone that inhabits it...including my wife and kids. I remember when I forgot to take my meds for a week and a half. I was a huge ass to everyone. My wife rolled over to me in bed and said, "you will take your meds or I will literally shove them up your ass!" Needless to say, I haven't missed my meds since.

11. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I would be suprised if anyone ont he boards themselves have not been depressed at one point in their lives. That is not to say that everyone has required medicine to combat it. But I think it is part of human nature. Could I be wrong. Yes. Have I been depressed in my life. Yes. For many reasons, both due to environmental issues, where I was living, whom I was living with. As well as my own, for a lack of better words "chemical imbalances" Be it due to other medicines I have taken, or lack of appropriate diet.

I think the important thing is that if someone is really depressed, they are able to recognize it in themselves. Or atleast listen to those that they trust, so that they get what ever help they need. Be it an a good friend to listen to you, a safe 3rd party to listen to you, like a therapist or your own doctor, who may need to help by prescribing somthing even if it is a short term thing.

Heh.....sorry, I am probably soap boxing.

I stop now ^.^

that's what I call love. ^.^

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I thought this thread was gonna be about the economy.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

It wouldn't surprise me if I've had bouts of depression.

14. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I get depressed everytime I go on IMDB.

Seriously.

I'm not joking.

15. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I get depressed every night from Sunday through Thursday when I think about having to get up and going to work the next day....

and then when that alarm goes off...it's terrible.

16. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to be majorly depressed throughout my high school years, and it was made worse by the fact that I had no friends, and couldn't get a girlfriend to save my life.

Then I realized I had no friends because I was being a whiny bitch all the time and bringing every one down, so that's why no one wanted to be around me.

So I started trying to act positive, and at first it was just that, an act, but then it became easier and easier, and before I knew it, it wasn't an act anymore and life improved, and I found making friends was easy when i wasn't acting like a downer all the time.

Good thing I didn't have the internet back then, or I might have decided I had Aspergers or something, and not tried to improve myself.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm not depressed. In fact, the last time I was genuinely sad was when my dog died, and before that I can't even remember.

The more I say the word depression out loud, the more I think of a guy with really big hands flattening people like they were made of rubber. Y'know, depressing them.

18. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Between my Dad dying when I was 10, my Mom almost dying when I was a junior in high school from lung cancer and not seeing her for 3 months because she was detoxing and in rehab for being an alcoholic, a slew of learning disabilities, and social anxiety I'm surprised I've made it this far. I still struggle with the fact that everything is actually going well for once in my life. It is a weird thing not to have everything blowing up in my face.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Down the river, not across the stream. All I'm gonna say. :) 

20. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I went through depression for almost three years until a few months ago. Try looking for things in your life to be grateful for no matter how small a thing it may be, work your way up from there. Socializing with friends when you are feeling depressed will also help you get through it. Stop worrying.