Depressed.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tyjos, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well even before the Christmas holidays we're already preparing for the worst that in February my dad my not have a job and things will get pretty bad.

That means it will end up getting down to the point of just going room to room of our house and just selling everything. After having to deal with the financial problems from my sister and her no good brother in law, that has pretty much drained our finances.

My dad works in a factory that makes parts for tractors,etc with the economy going the way it is and we already in a recession.

My mother's depressed allready, not even in the mood to put up decorations much less a tree.

Just got chewed out cause I said I would like to get something [mainly Dark Night on DVD] and got everything shoved down my throat by my mom. Once again I am at the point of just clearing my room out again getting rid of this worthless crap I have of a so called collection....

Reality SUCKS....

Sigh........just the sign of the times....I wish I never got into transformers,star wars, or any other thing that I collect....

2. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Well,you just need a good night sleep.

3. Tyjos

Then again if you wake up to it the next morning that good night sleep didn't help at all....

4. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

No need to go emo, we don't want blood on the keyboard as you cut yourself and post.

Also, it's only a good night's sleep if you actually only sleep the one night at a time.

5. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I agree with GW_Freak. You'll feel much better after a good night's sleep, though it may not seem like you would now. I guess you should stop collecting for the time being (or have you already?) Almost everyone's having a hard time now. Cheer up.

6. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    what do you do for a job?

7. Tyjos

Unlike everyone else who is pretty much normal, I am disabled that pretty much keeps me from having a normal job like everyone else...[I have a learning disability, physical disability, all thanks to me missing one little chromosone..]

Eh, going emo isn't me....I always find something to cheer me up...nothing like watching some Beast Wars on Youtube...especially Waspinator getting blown up.

Waspinator can make probably everyone laugh.....

Well at least I know now I'm not the only one having a hard time....the whole economy's gone down the crapper...only a matter of time before it hit here...

8. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Man I feel for you. Check your inbox. I need some info from you.

9. Tyjos

Once again, down in the dumps I swear I have these depressive funks now more than usual....

One thing is for sure parents sure can make ya feel like crap....I'm probably going to start listing stuff on ebay tomorrow.

Just going insane as usual.....

I lately just have been on steady downward route to depression no matter what I try to do to get out of it...sure I can be well fine....but I'll eventually get out of this up and down mood swings.....

10. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I know how ya feel man, I'm unemployed and also have a learning disability. My dad already got laid off and I need to come up with at least $800 to keep from being homeless and afford to look for work. Seems like the Govt is conspiring to make as many people as possible homeless. In all reality how does shipping jobs overseas help the economy? It only makes the owners of large companies richer.

For the love of Santa I hope i get 2 jobs soon.

11. Tyjos

I already hate companies so much its not even funny...my father got downsized cause they moved the factory where he worked to Mexico years ago....I have a legitimate reason for hating that country and the corporations that seem to want to move all their factories there.

Hopefully Obama can do something....to at least help get this country back on it's feet....I mean heck I've considered getting a job but gave up due to the fact that
    1: Sure even if you get a job you may end up getting laid off within 2 weeks of having one....

I work best doing online ebay stuff anyway....just now these days even THAT isn't paying off.

It's like you try to make some headway in life, but you just get a whole ton of stuff thrown at you all at one time...like trying to do evasive maneuvers in a really slow jet when you fly into a wall of Flak....

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I understand where you are coming from, but Im not going to throw you a pity party dude. those corporations that you talk about, screw their employees anywhere they go even Mexico. You should still look for a job, who cares if there is a chance of getting laid off 2 weeks later? At least youll have that extra 2 week pay check. Everyone gets shit on through out life, welcome to it. At least you know where your parents are, my dad disappeared 4 years ago; Ive gotten 2nd degree burns on a good portion of my body, Ive been cheated on by ex's, Im in a job where I dont know if itll still be there next month, and Ive got debt! But you know what, i am happy because everyday comes with a new adventure and I know that I am helping other's lives.

13. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

The original post by you was FIVE hours before this one. Did you get happy and then REDEPRESS yourself in that amount of time? That would have to be one of the fastest non-PMS related Manic swings in history....

14. Tyjos

I have pretty quick mood swings....just mainly due to let's see..stress, lack of a regular routine, and of course a constantly negative parent who is the only other person I talk to verbally in a week's time.

Good thing I'm not in charge of a Gundam cause then you'd be seeing destruction on a massive scale due to my mood swings....

I have these every couple of months...I mean It's the holidays and I know everyone usually gets that way during them.

At least I can still look at things rationally and don't turn into your random emo that you see everywhere on the net.

Just something I really have gotten used too...

15. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

Hang in there man.....

I know the holidays can be tougher than usual , but hang in there.... things may not get better immediately but you just gotta keep trying. And eventually things will get better. They always do

16. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know what is like suffering from depression. I used to suffer depression myself. The first time was back in 1986 and I lost nearly 50 pounds, the reason why is everytime I was depressed, I was never hungry.

I tried to commit suicide nearly nine years ago and I found out that was a huge mistake. I was locked up for seven days for the suicide attempt. In the State of Florida, it is call "The Baker Act". That means the State can hold you for at least 72 hours if you ever attempted suicide on yourself. When I was finally released, I went back to work at Walmart. The store manager wanted to have a meeting with me before I cameback, but he was trying to force me to quit.

A year later when I left Walmart, I joined a church when I still diagnose as a depressant. To make a long story short, they were accusing me of manipulation, like trying to be a center of attention, trying to get them to feel sorry for me. That is when I realized that people doesn't understand depression. It is easy for them to tell you to cheer up, snap out of it or move on.

Anyway, I finally got away from that church and the people. But today, those same people at that church are scare of me. Because they knew they pissed me off. One of them moved back up to Pennsylvania and another one moved back to North Carolina.

Until four years ago, I decided that I had enough of depression and the medication. But while I was suffering from depression, I never turned to drugs and alcohol. If people who are depressed believes drugs and alcohol will help them, that is a cop-out excuse.

17. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

You have to understand, (1)there is clinical/chemical depression which is an issue and (2)then there is being depressed because your life/situation suck.

It's completely NORMAL and expected to be depressed in the second situation. Sometimes people think they should never be down or feel depressed, and that is complete horseshit.

18. Tyjos

Well....good thing is that these things don't last long when I'm in moods like that...sometimes I find something to do [usually playing a game set in it's highest difficulty mode or a game like Command and Conquer] Sometimes a little virtual mayhem does wonders for me....

I always have a way to get myself out of a Depressive funk as I call em now....[Sounds like something out of the 70's!]

Usually during these times I get the best ideas for some interesting projects like Customizing a figure or writing a fanfic.

I know my body is way out of whack, that's a real major thing that's also adding to my problem. my Sleep Schedule is totally out of whack, my eating habits aren't normal, I can stay on my PC for hours on end and just forget about everything else.

Maybe that may be a good new years thing to do is to focus on getting my body back to a regular routine.....

19. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You need to unplug from the computer.
    YOu should goto the gym for a workout, get out of the house.
    Depression could be rough on your body and mind, but it can also give you a desire to change your life.
    Use it against itself to insure it wont comeback.
    Writing can help but I would suggest getting off the computer.

You can get a job, you can do whatever you want, even if your disabled.
    Everyones feeling the pinch, shit I may be losing my job very soon, 2 kids, wife, house...
    But you must keep moving.

20. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

Hey man the sleep schedule is a BIG part of it.

Try to get back on a normal schedule. I know I get really loopy whne I cant sleep at normal hours, it has more of a effect than i realize until I get back to sleeping at night and being awake during the day instead of vice versa.