Denver Broncos CB Darrent Williams Shot and Killed in a Drive-By

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jux, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

He was a good player for Denver, but damn, he was only 24. It's a tragic loss for everyone who knows him, and it's always sad to hear about people so young passing so early in life.

ESPN.com Link

2. Emerald Twilight

Emerald Twilight Banned

I'm not into football and I don't understand it, but I know what murder is and this is a load of horse shit. Some angry fan took it out on him because they lost or something? Either way, this kind of stuff makes me real unhappy about our society. Poor guy's family.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    No, they said it started with an argument at a nightclub's New Years Eve party.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    People are assholes. Getting in an argument at a club is a dumb ass excuse to kill some one.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Sucks to hear. Killed over some completely meaningless random argument. T'appears he was born/raised and was a HS football star here in Fort Worth, so it's the news of the day around here.

6. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I don't wish that on anyone, but maybe he shouldn't have been spending time with such seedy people. I know I don't go to nightclubs where thugs hang out. Not much good happens at 2 am.

He was in a position of wealth and fame. He chose to immerse himself into that type of culture. More athletes and entertainers should rise above this thug culture. Most of them are young, and suprisingly have children and wives to go back home to. If you need an entourage of body guards carrying guns, maybe you should re-evaluate your lifestyle. People can be fuckin crazy, and these thug assholes don't give a shit about anyone. Why even risk it?

It's sad that he had to die. But it's more sad this event helps further stereotypes.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Do you go to Nightclubs at all? Fights happen a lot of the time. It doesn't necessarily mean they were "seedy people" as you put it. People argue over the dumbest shit and get overheated when alcohol is introduced. it was also New Years so I'm sure alcohol consumption was at a higher than normal volume.

Also, where does it mention anything about what kind of people were involved? What steriotypes are you refering to? It doesn't say anything. So don't be so quick to jump on what you think was going on.

As for the incident itself, it sucks and I hope whoever did it gets what they deserve.

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Athletes tend to be a big target at clubs too. The whole alpha male thing goes to a whole other level.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Saw it on the news today. Horrible when this kinda stuff happens; hope they lock up the dude that shot him.

10. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I saw him play against the Giants last year and then caught a few Denver games throughout this season and always thought he was good

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Apparently it was a party to celebrate Kenyon Martin's birthday. Wonder if they'll involve him in the investigation then. Maybe he knows who it was.

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    So sad. :(  My heart to his family and friends.

13. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Word is he died in the limo in the arms of Javon Walker, who was Denver's best WR this season.

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be someone connected to him - family, teammate, whatever.

14. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Murder in of itself is tragic and shameful. Still you have to wonder how that affects not only Williams' family, but also his teammates. Especially if one or more was there at the site.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    shit like this happens in the nba too, which is also predominantly black.

most recently (2005 i think) melo was brought in for questioning for incident at a club, paul pierce was a frickin stab victim,...

while some of these guys were genuinely in wrong place at the wrong time, most of them really have to learn too avoid getting into situations because they are too easy targets.

i could give a fuck but it sucks when naysayers and detractors use these instances as launch platform for socio-political diatribes.

which mine is a borderline example.