Deluxe Wave 5 WITHOUT the new molds?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Yurei-Kun, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Yurei-Kun

Yurei-Kun Banned

Well, went shopping today hoping to snag Downshift and Dark CZ. Happy to report I did find Dark CZ, but that isnt' the point of this topic.

At all the Wal-marts I visited, I found deluxe case wave 5(even printed on the ship box), except instead of having Downshift and Armored Hot Shot in it, they were temporarily substituted by Thunderblast and Brimstone. They were all of the Armada remolds without the cd, and those two deluxes. I guess they'll cycle out on the next shipment. Interesting to note is that all the new Brimstones in wave 5 cases are variants. The flip-out wings have lime-green/construction green instead of that bright yellow paint ap...I know the yellow on Brimstone before was greenish, but the new ones were eye-popping noticably green.

2. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Hrm. Two things about this:

I also saw a similar wave out at a Walmart near me (Thunderblast/Brimstone and the Remolds) with no CD's. Reported it here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost1268708-p967.html

Do you have pics of this Brimstone? I just got one today from BBTS, the wing tips are a green color but the plastic mold is somewhat of a yellow.

3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Probably a split wave...they've done it before with .5 waves...Energon Starscream was in wave 1.5...so maybe they are in wave 5.5

4. Yurei-Kun

Yurei-Kun Banned

It's just odd that I've found them at every Wal-mart I've checked.

Call me crazy, but you think they could be a part of Wal-mart's new case filler agreement with Hasbro to keep carrying Alts? Maybe Wal-mart ordered more of those units since they sold well at Christmas(at least locally..while poor Crosswise didnt sell at all because kids thought it was named Smokescreen, so mom and dad couldnt find it..)

Another odd tidbit. When I worked at Wal-mart, the computers would show a unit as a case of Voyagers. When I had them scan to see if they had any more voyagers, it showed per unit as single items, not full cases. So Logically, Wal-mart COULD pick and choose what they wanted in a ship case...

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still haven't even gotten hold of the Armada repaints yet :( 

6. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You need to get out more. Those things are everywhere.

It could be a Walmart thing, but most likely Hasbro couldn't produce enough of the new figs and shipped the assortment without them. This has happened a few times with Star Wars figs. However, they usually adjust the case layout and looking at EE, wave 5 and 5 rev 1 have the new figs in there. Who knows...

7. Yurei-Kun

Yurei-Kun Banned

I do know that Dark Crumplezone is a marvel of a toy, and I feel bad for all the Japanese kids who can't have one for their Galaxy Force shelves.