Deluxe Wave 01 is back In Fashion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by wasp819, Mar 22, 2009.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    In the past week ive been to 3 different Asdas (the u.ks wallmart) 2 Tescos and 2 Sainsburys
    Asda seems to be putting out mostly wave 3 Deluxes with Activators patrol BB and thundercracker
    While tescos have either a small assortment of ratchet/blackarachnia or swoop/snarl/oilslick with voyager blitzwing/lugnut and grimlock
    And now for some reason sainsburys are restocking on wave 1 and 2??
    Ive seen cybertron prim/lockdown ratchet and blackarachnia? before this they had mostly sentinal/swoop sitting on the shelfs
    So what gives? why is sainsburys putting out older stock? are they getting them cheap before they knock em out to the kids? (im not complaining as i quite fancy the idea of getting lockdown)
    Im just quite suprised that a toy line thats supposed to be winding down seems to be getting restocked all the time (i know it not of new lines like blurr/swindle or waspy/sam prowl or heck even the crappy elite bb never made it) this could be a good move as it keeps animated on the shelfs and to the untrained eye they could misinterpreut this old wave as new stock (as the older waves have been out of retail for like over 6 months)?

2. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    actually Animated is not going to wind down, Universe is since the line is already over.

3. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I remember someone posted that the line would continue throughout 2009. Whether or not we're getting any new figures remains to be seen.

But I'm rather annoyed. I'm seen the Waspinator/Samurai Prowl wave more than once in the area (haven't had the money to get either) but I've YET to even see one Longarm/Shockwave.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Repeating the early waves annoys me. I already bought these figures last year. Give me new stuff for once.

5. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Just want my fucking Shockwave!

6. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    anyone that needs a shockwave let me know...i got the purple one coming so i am getting rid of the first animated version of him....

7. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Well yeah it is winding down, winding down basically means slowing down till its inevitable stop, there hasnt been as many released this year as there was last year and it seems like the quantity might be down abit as well

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    THIS! he's acting like a bottle neck right now, as soon as we get him , sam prowl, waspinator and wreck gar will flood through, just how evil is this guy. :( 

9. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

lol...yeah i lucked out getting that cube creator on hts....but i had to hound at it to get him while he was in stock. I'm wondering if Hasbro intentionally made less of him as this season has him as a real heel. I mean what kid wants to own the toy of a guy who killed blur? Probably not that many.