Deluxe, Voyager, Leader size question...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfwben, Jul 9, 2007.

1. tfwben

tfwben Member

In the movie, are Bonecrusher, Blackout, and Brawl the same size as Starscream? I'm asking this because there's only deluxe class figures of the former three whereas Starscream gets the Voyager treatment and Megs has a Leader size figure...

2. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Minor correction: Blackout is available as a Voyager.

That said: undoubtedly the line would be more accurate if almost all of the Decepticon toys were bigger, but I'm sure that Hasbro would be very hesitant to put out bigger toys for fear of them sitting on the shelves. Deluxes seem to be at the "sweet spot" price point and fly off the pegs.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Technically all of them but Barricade (and Frenzy) and say maybe Brawl and Bonecrusher should be Leader class or bigger.

4. teroh1988

teroh1988 Decepticon

blackout is supposed to be the biggest, bonecrusher is bigger than prime in the movie. the scale is all out whack

5. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Id think that toy wise, the actual scaling to the film would or should go like this:

Deluxe:
    Barricade, Bumblebee, Jazz

Voyager:
    Ratchet, Ironhide

Leader:
    Brawl, Starscream, Megatron, Optimus, Bonecrusher, Blackout (perhaps he should be a supreme)

Overall, since the Decepticons tended to be larger military vehicles, and the Autobots to be more run of the mill cars and trucks, those sizes seem most applicable for the vehicle modes, but might still have left the robot modes a bit too small overall for some figures.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    According to the Brady guide:

Megatron - 35 feet
    Blackout - 33 feet
    Starscream - 31 feet
    Brawl - not given, assuming around 30 feet
    Optimus - 28 feet
    Bonecrusher - not given, assuming around 25 feet
    Ironhide - 22 feet
    Ratchet - 20 feet
    Barricade - 16 feet
    Bumblebee - 16 feet
    Jazz - 15 feet

Mostly, the sizes are good. What we really need is an Ultra Class Optimus Prime and Bonecrusher, since they're bigger than the Voyagers and yet smaller than Megatron, then Starscream and Blackout would also need to be Leaders to be in scale. Leader Brawl should be more or less in scale, though. Megatron's a bit short as he is, but not much you can do about that.

Interesting to note the Decepticons are more or less in scale with each other, though, if you take Deluxe Brawl as Brawl. The only issue there is Barricade who you'd need as the Spychanger sized one or something, and Blackout who is still out of scale next to Starscream.

Not that it bothers me all that much, scale was never a consideration for me since I got that rat TF who was as big as the alligator!

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    both of which were smaller than an ant and a mosquito

seriously folks, lay off the scale, I'm beggin ya

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    No, forget that noise.

These are toys from a live-action movie, they're supposed to be in scale. Would you buy 300 figures where King Leonidas is twice the size of Xerxes?

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Can't care less for scale. I'm just after good toys. Scale doesn't make a toy any better.

10. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I'm not one to care about scale... but a Supreme class Blackout would be absolutely bloody unreal!
    Just think about it. Deluxe Scorpinok could fit on his back, like in the movie. I am sure they'd find a way to remove the back kibble, and make that part of his legs or something.

11. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok here is the alt mode lengths...

Peterbuilt 379 - 22ft
    Buffalo MCPV - 27ft
    M1A Abrams - 32ft
    F/A-22 Raptor - 64ft
    MH-53 Pave Low - 88ft

We should get a leader Bonecrusher and Starscream and a Supreme class Blackout:eek:  .

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Major difference here. Even in the show, that ant was HUGE, just as big as the other animals. And on top of that, the movie is more realistic in scale then any other TF series out there. I'm not saying scale accuracy is needed, I'm just saying a Voyager Bonecrusher and Leader Blackout and Starscream would be really cool. :D 

Lots of empty space in the belly + a long tail. Comparing length is different then comparing Mass. A leader Blackout with a basic sized transforming Skorponok would be just fine in my book.

13. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Brawl is being released in the Leader Class sometime in the near future.

14. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I would love to see a leader blackout and starscream!!

15. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deluxes:
    Bumblebee, Jazz, Barricade, Scorponok

Voyagers:
    Ironhide (Needs to be bigger than Ratchet), Ratchet and Optimus Prime (Optimus needs to be BIG for a Voyager)

Leader:
    Megatron (Big for a leader), Starscream (Squat robot mode), Blackout (Between Megatron and Starscream sized), Brawl, Bonecrusher (He needs to have a squat robot mode, but big alt. His alt was as big as Brawl was)

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure why everyone is so up on scale. The Transformers toys have never been in scale for the most part. Still, I admit that it would have been cool to get an entire line in scale.

However, I'm sure the reason we didn't see this is because Hasbro would be leary to put out so many leader class toys. They'd probably sit on the shelves until clearance with the general mindset of this community and than you'd be back to Armada where there was only one leader class toy, because retailers would be leary of buying them from Hasbro because no one bought them until they hit clearance. And the target audience can't afford to buy them themselves and probably only get them for birthdays and holidays. Hence why the repaints and later wave leaders seem to get released during the holidays after the initial wave or two.

17. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Never too late to try. And besides, some of the scale issues are within their size class! A Top Kick is not supposed to be smaller than a Hummer... right?

Personally, some of these figures need a masterpiece-like treatment. The Ops and Megs figures are so far-gone as they are... but I doubt they'd be made because there wouldn't be much of an audience.

18. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

The figures are in scale to character popularity.

19. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    This has been explained several times before. If you don't get it, it's because you haven't been paying attention.