Deluxe Universe Ultra Magnus Arm Fix?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nemesis_Prime22, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

I've been looking and looking for a solution to this, but am unable to find this. I can simply swap the arms, but then I have upside down hands. Anybody know how to fix this?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Punch out the pins
    Swap arm covers
    Replace arms
    Replace pins

It's a little more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.

3. TheInformation

TheInformation The ghost of an automaton

I broke mine years ago trying to fix it. The tabs that secure the forearms from the inside broke, somehow, and they just fall right off when he's transformed now. If anyone knows how to fix that, let me know.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

There used to be a page on Captured Prey that gave great step-by-step instructions on how to do this. But sadly, it seems to have been taken down or moved now. :( 

Soundblaster1 is right, though, you need to remove the pins. If I remember correctly, when I did it it helped to pop the arms off at the elbow joint and soak them in hot water for a few minutes before hammering the pins out. The plastic expands, the pins loosen a smidge, and you can use a tiny screwdriver to tap them out.

Also, I think it was easier to hammer the pins out from the inside of the elbow outward, as the hatchmarks on the pin are on the outer end. The hatchmarks grip the plastic, so it's easier to hammer them out hatched-end-first rather than try to push those hatchmarks through the entire piece of plastic.

After the pins are out, you can slide the arm covers off and switch the fists. It's sort of a pain, but it is ultimately worth it.

5. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

Oh, thanks, the water idea is great, I just spent 20 minutes trying to push the pin out, and gave up. Thanks, Ill have to try that.

6. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

That's the one! Awesome! I looked for it but kept getting a "page not available" message. Must've been looking in the wrong place.

I would definitely suggest following the steps on that page. It cautions you about the danger of breaking the tabs and whatnot. But as long as you follow them, it should work out.

8. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I just swapped the whole lower arm between left & right. It does leave you with upside down fists, but weapons still fit, and with something in the fist it's not very noticeable at all.